Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

As Usual, Igbos Will Bring Gold To Nigeria; Where Are The Shitty Swners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Usual, Igbos Will Bring Gold To Nigeria; Where Are The Shitty Swners? (584 Views)

Why Most Swners Want Nnamdi Kanu Killed. / No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns / Debunking The Over-rated Religious Tolerance Claim of SWners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Usual, Igbos Will Bring Gold To Nigeria; Where Are The Shitty Swners? by Ramon2: 1:39am On Mar 14, 2011
London 2012: Chukwumerije Promises Nigeria Gold
Sports Mar 13, 2011

Nigeria’s hope of a blissful outing at the London 2012 Olympic Games got a boost weekend when Taekwando hopeful Chika Chukwumerije promised to win gold medal for Nigeria.

In a text message from his base in the United Kingdom where he is pursuing a master’s degree, the 2008 Beijing bronze medalist disclosed that he has started preparations for the Games by hiring a foreign coach.

He revealed that he would arrive Nigeria on March 29 to source for funds and proceed to Taiwan and Korea afterward.

“I have to start preparations for the Games immediately,” Chika said. “I will arrive Nigeria on March 29 to procure Taiwan and Korea visas and then leave for Belgium where I will be fighting on April 10 in the Belgium Opens. I will leave for Taiwan after the fight to continue training and leave for Korea to feature in the World Championship between May 1 and 6.”

Chika Chukwumerije at the Beijing 2008 Olympics where he won a bronze medal.

Chika said that he would remain in Taiwan for two months with his foreign coach to finalise preparations for the World Olympic qualifiers.

He said: “I narrowly missed the Olympic gold in 2008 but this time I have to go for the gold. I fought with pains in Beijing and pray to be injury free in London. That perhaps will be my last Olympic outing and I have to make a mark. If my plans work well, I don’t foresee any obstacle between me and the gold this time.

“I never contemplated dumping Nigeria because I have no other country. I will do my best to lift my country at the games because I believe that Nigeria can be the best African country at the 2012 Olympic Games if we start preparations now.”

Nigeria’s Chef de Mission for the London 2012, Chief Patrick Ekeji expressed satisfaction with Chika’s plans stressing that the National Sports Commission would assist him with funds to make his dream a reality.
Re: As Usual, Igbos Will Bring Gold To Nigeria; Where Are The Shitty Swners? by alex101(m): 1:45am On Mar 14, 2011
THE Yoribos/ofemanus do not engage in any sport, but rather in looting public funds. They are so good at this that they can loot the entire US federal reserve faster than the speed of light! grin
Re: As Usual, Igbos Will Bring Gold To Nigeria; Where Are The Shitty Swners? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 14, 2011
The Chairman of the premier Igbo organisation, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Somtochukwu N'abania has cried out in desperation over a psychotic epidemic pervading Igboland. During a press conference with journalists, he cried for help from the Federal Government to provide assistance to the psychiatric wards in the South East.

''We are crying out to the Federal Government because the state governments in the South East have ignored this problem. I just came from the Psychiatric ward in the General Hospital in Onitsha there and it is a sorry sight. A very sorry sight. My brothers and sisters, people who could have led exemplary lives screaming at the top of their lungs YORUBA WANT TO KILL ME. . . YORUBA WANT TO KILL ME. And they just keep repeating and repeating, nodding their heads like they are in Koranic school. And this is the story from Asaba to Abakaliki.'' he said.

Phone calls to the various state commissioners proved unfruitful as in each case, the calls went to voice mail. Weirdly, the voice greetings on these phones screamed ''GET AWAY FROM ME YORUBA. . .GET AWAY FROM ME YORUBA''.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548826.0.html

(1) (Reply)

What Nigeria Needs Today Why We Have To Vote Buhari / Why Shouldn't Nigeria Divide? / Election Malpratice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.