Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain (1063 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot / 2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:59am On Mar 14, 2011
Without zoning, no hope for Igbo Presidency in 2015- Apugo
News Mar 14, 2011
By Anayo Okoli

Umuahia – A FOUNDING father of the ruling PDP and an elder statesman from Abia State, Prince Benjamin Apugo, has said the zoning arrangement enshrined in the party’s constitution remained the best and only way Ndigbo would actualize the ambition of producing a Nigerian President in 2015.

Apugo also said it was the same zoning arrangement of the party that would ensure that Ndigbo remained relevant in the socio-political affairs of the country.

Prince Apugo, who spoke when Abia State governorship candidate for Action Congress of Nigeria, CAN, Prince Paul Ikonne, paid him a courtesy visit in his country home at Nkata Ibeku, Umuahia, to seek his blessing, urged Ndigbo to support whoever the North eventually decided to present as its presidential candidate for the April elections.

According to him, the aim of the zoning arrangement was to give equal opportunity to all sections of the country to become president in turn.

He lamented that it was not honoured by the present leadership of PDP.
On the visit of the ACN candidate, Apugo noted that what Abia State needed now was a focused and transparent people-oriented leadership that would address the developmental challenges now facing the state.
He advised the ACN candidate to intensify his campaign and ensure that it was issue-based to educate the masses on his manifesto and his plans to actualize them.

Earlier in his remark, Ikonne explained that he was in the race to render selfless service which will be anchored on honesty to Abia people so as to guarantee the future of the state and its citizens.

Ikonne further explained that an ACN government in state would ensure the provision of basic amenities, free education and health services as well as tackle the infrastructural problems of the state.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 3:04am On Mar 14, 2011
Someone commented

Ahhhhh, why do the igbos think they can eat their cake and have it at the same time?, U want "GEJ" and "No zoning" in 2011, but u again want the Presidency "zoned" to the Igbos in 2015?, So u will reject zoning now and later claim presidency based in zoning, Cunny man die, cunny man go bury am,
I dey laugh, why do u think the northern Govs supported GEJ, so that they can have full 8 years after 2015, The southerners already short-changed themselves by accepting only 4 years of clueless GEJ instead of waiting for 2015 to have their full 8 years,
Lets wait and see,

Do you agree?
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 3:12am On Mar 14, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Someone commented

Ahhhhh, why do the igbos think they can eat their cake and have it at the same time?, U want "GEJ" and "No zoning" in 2011, but u again want the Presidency "zoned" to the Igbos in 2015?, So u will reject zoning now and later claim presidency based in zoning, Cunny man die, cunny man go bury am,
I dey laugh, why do u think the northern Govs supported GEJ, so that they can have full 8 years after 2015, The southerners already short-changed themselves by accepting only 4 years of clueless GEJ instead of waiting for 2015 to have their full 8 years,
Lets wait and see,

Do you agree?

I 150% agree! I was one of the first people to tag (like) that comment! I mean, are these people still talking about ZONING?? shocked . It just ridiculous. It's like swallowing your vomit. Just a month ago, these same people came and told us zoning is dead and that they will support their son (AZIKWE EBELE), other regions said no problem, abi? Now, they want zoning. RIDICULOUS!!! They(some igbo leaders not all igbos) are just disgracing themselves everywhere.

The meaty questions are:
1) What if GEJ does no win in april??
2) After GEJ's 4 years, what next?
3) What if he does not do what he promised them? I mean, he jettisoned a signed agreement (PDP's zoning agreement) so why can't he jettison this
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 3:24am On Mar 14, 2011
IF GEJ loses,the Igbo would wait till 2018!Factoring 8yrs of Ribadu/Buhari and 8 yrs of Fola Adeola/Tunde Bakare!

But if GEJ loses,it will still be 2018!Factoring gej 8yrs(the igbo would still support him to go for second term,trust them!) and 8yrs of Sambo.

This is assuming they still dont support 3rd term for gej/buhari/Ribadu and/or sambo/Fola Adeola/Bakare!

Head or tail,they lose!The igbos are left with the short end of the stick.These guys have to do something very fast cos it seems Nigeria has moved and left them behind.
They must position theirselves as a credible opposition like the Yorubas always do and immediately start grooming their own 'Obama' who can be in strong contention for the office by 2015.In the absence of this,even the 2018 (or 2026?),they will still fail to take the presidency
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 3:44am On Mar 14, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

IF GEJ loses,the Igbo would wait till 2018!Factoring 8yrs of Ribadu/Buhari and 8 yrs of Fola Adeola/Tunde Bakare!

But if GEJ loses,it will still be 2018!Factoring gej 8yrs(the igbo would still support him to go for second term,trust them!) and 8yrs of Sambo.

This is assuming they still dont support 3rd term for gej/buhari/Ribadu and/or sambo/Fola Adeola/Bakare!

Head or tail,they lose!The igbos are left with the short end of the stick.These guys have to do something very fast cos it seems Nigeria has moved and left them behind.
They must position theirselves as a credible opposition like the Yorubas always do and immediately start grooming their own 'Obama' who can be in strong contention for the office by 2015.In the absence of this,even the 2018 (or 2026?),they will still fail to take the presidency

It is very hard to obtain the opposition status without a concrete plan if everything goes wrong. TBH, the yorubas are very good being the opposition since Awolowo's time till now. I think the present crop of SE political leaders do not want to risk it (because if it goes wrong, you are going to be marginalised political) or they are playing ethnic politics with the idea of the SS supporting them 2015 or whenever. Either way, you are quite right. They did not position themselves well enough. If GEJ wins, then he might as welll go for a second term in which they have no choice but to endorse him (if not, it will be pointless supporting him now) and after his second term. I can bet my house, that it is going back to the North.
If GEJ does only one term, it is still going back to the north.
If GEJ loses (I am sure some tribal igbos are praying hard for this not to happen cheesy regardless of what happens to the country), then everything will depend on who he loses to. If its Ribadu then there is still hope political because of Ngige.
If its to Buhari/ Bakare, then political it will not be good but the whole country will be better off. Btw, its not only bad for the igbos but also for the yorubas. Bakare has no political sense in the SW.

I think most yorubas are voting for them (BB) not because of any political gain (because they might as well vote for Ribadu or form an alliance with CPC, if it for political gain) but for the genuine improvement of our country. What has the political gains of the North and the SW done to their people?? NOTHING!!!

Either way, igbos should forget presidency till kingdom come except a charismatic igbo man can come and break the partisan view Ohaneze has place on them in the eyes of the country which will be very hard.

As for the SS, they are the new majority. From now on, they will be part of the political elites in Abuja. I might even say they will be third from now onwards ( not arrogantly but realistically, they are behind the yorubas and hausas but infront of igbos political), politically speaking. They have earned it. Kudos to them.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by EkoIle1: 3:50am On Mar 14, 2011
It su!cks to be ibo for sure.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 3:52am On Mar 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

It su!cks to be ibo for sure.

why?? They are only losing politically but economically, they are gaining.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by AljUche: 3:54am On Mar 14, 2011
jason123:

It is very hard to obtain the opposition status without a concrete plan if everything goes wrong. TBH, the yorubas are very good being the opposition since Awolowo's time till now. I think the present crop of SE political leaders do not want to risk it (because if it goes wrong, you are going to be marginalised political) or they are playing ethnic politics with the idea of the SS supporting them 2015 or whenever. Either way, you are quite right. They did not position themselves well enough. If GEJ wins, then he might as welll go for a second term in which they have no choice but to endorse him (if not, it will be pointless supporting him now) and after his second term. I can bet my house, that it is going back to the North.
If GEJ does only one term, it is still going back to the north.
If GEJ loses (I am sure some tribal igbos are praying hard for this not to happen cheesy regardless of what happens to the country), then everything will depend on who he loses to. If its Ribadu then there is still hope political because  of Ngige.
If its to Buhari/ Bakare, then political it will not be good but the whole country will be better off. Btw, its not only bad for the igbos but also for the yorubas. Bakare has no political sense in the SW.

I think most yorubas are voting for them (BB) not because of any political gain (because they might as well vote for Ribadu or form an alliance with CPC, if it for political gain) but for the genuine improvement of our country. What has the political gains of the North and the SW done to their people?? NOTHING!!!

Either way, igbos should forget presidency till kingdom come except a charismatic igbo man can come and break the partisan view Ohaneze has place on them in the eyes of the country which will be very hard.

As for the SS, they are the new majority. From now on, they will be part of the political elites in Abuja. I might even say they will be third from now onwards ( not arrogantly but realistically, they are behind the yorubas and hausas but infront of igbos political), politically speaking. They have earned it. Kudos to them.

gbamm gbamm gbammm gabmm

very good and that is the pure truth
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 14, 2011
jason123:

why?? They are only losing politically but economically, they are gaining.

As Google exposed, drug dealing is a very profiting business for them, economically speaking.

TNUBU4LIFE:

Someone commented

Lets wait and see,

Do you agree?

I totally agree.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 4:25am On Mar 14, 2011
Buhari-Bakare ticket is not flying in Yorubaland,infact,after Ribadu,gej(due to existing pdp structure in the SW) comes next.Quite rightly,Bakare is a political featherweight and he doesnt have a structure!So, saying yorubas are voting or considering voting BB is not the reality on ground.The ACN will not,i repeat,will not even shed a ground for almighty pdp let alone a relatively unknown CPC!Wen the real voting starts,you will see the kind of close marking ACN will do in SW.ACN is not even resting on its oars,they are even going to the interior of SW to even consolidate their hold!See the kind of grassroot mobilization Amosun is doing in Ogun whereas the OGUN CPC guber candidate is not even known!Same with Oyo where Ajimobi comes far ahead the cpc candidate!Now consider the role of the incumbent govs of Lagos,ekiti,osun then the picture gets clearer.These are the people that tell people who to vote for!Not BB!Yorubas resent pdp and seems to know and comfortable with ACN with popularity and political success of the ACN leaders.On election day,you will see how even older credible opinion leaders in ur area of yorubaland will be saying 'ewo ni cpc?'cpc ko,cpc ni.AC ni amo'(which one is cpc?we dont know them oh!we are voting the ACN party we know!),but in the north,people wont say they dont know ACN!nOW YOU GET THE DRIFT?
ACN is more strategic in their approach,they are building structures in all states of the federation and have made successful inroads into the SE(they 'stole' some hitherto pdp political bigwigs from pdp in rivers,imo,abia,anambra,benue,plateau,jigawa,bauchi etc!),NC and NW(where ribadu comes from!) unlike BB thats relying mostly on the Buhari personae,zoning controversy and huge voters population of the north.
Historically,the voting pattern in yorubaland is en bloc voting.For as long as CPC dont have the kind of structure and tested popularity of the ACN or even the much resented pdp in the SW,they(BB) ve lost!
We are talking Tinubu,fashola,Aregbe,Amosun,Fayemi,Ajimobi,Osoba,even Ribadu in yorubaland you dey talk BB!Talo mo won,abeg.SW is ACN/Ribadu 100%
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 4:35am On Mar 14, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Buhari-Bakare ticket is not flying in Yorubaland,infact,after Ribadu,gej(due to existing pdp structure in the SW) comes next.Quite rightly,Bakare is a political featherweight and he doesnt have a structure!So, saying yorubas are voting or considering voting BB is not the reality on ground.The ACN will not,i repeat,will not even shed a ground for almighty pdp let alone a relatively unknown CPC!Wen the real voting starts,you will see the kind of close marking ACN will do in SW.ACN is not even resting on its oars,they are even going to the interior of SW to even consolidate their hold!See the kind of grassroot mobilization Amosun is doing in Ogun whereas the OGUN CPC guber candidate is not even known!Same with Oyo where Ajimobi comes far ahead the cpc candidate!Now consider the role of the incumbent govs of Lagos,ekiti,osun then the picture gets clearer.These are the people that tell people who to vote for!Not BB!Yorubas resent pdp and seems to know and comfortable with ACN with popularity and political success of the ACN leaders.On election day,you will see how even older credible opinion leaders in your area of yorubaland will be saying 'ewo ni cpc?'cpc ko,cpc ni.AC ni amo'(which one is cpc?we dont know them oh!we are voting the ACN party we know!),but in the north,people wont say they dont know ACN!nOW YOU GET THE DRIFT?
ACN is more strategic in their approach,they are building structures in all states of the federation and have made successful inroads into the SE(they 'stole' some hitherto pdp political bigwigs from pdp in rivers,imo,abia,anambra,benue,plateau,jigawa,bauchi etc!),NC and NW(where ribadu comes from!) unlike BB thats relying mostly on the Buhari personae,zoning controversy and huge voters population of the north.
Historically,the voting pattern in yorubaland is en bloc voting.For as long as CPC dont have the kind of structure and tested popularity of the ACN or even the much resented pdp in the SW,they(BB) ve lost!
We are talking Tinubu,fashola,Aregbe,Amosun,Fayemi,Ajimobi,Osoba,even Ribadu in yorubaland you dey talk BB!Talo mo won,abeg.SW is ACN/Ribadu 100%

I am glad we both agree that Bakare is unknown in the SW. People are not voting for him based on his ethnicity.

Now, ACN is the opposition party and quite rightly so. They have been against PDP since OBJ's era and the economic starvation of Lagos. Yes, ACN will sweep the SW, agreed but remember if there is any chance of a coalition between ACN and CPC, that will be the end of PDP and I am sure PDP will NEVER allow that coalition to happen.

You are also right about ACN. My hausa friend's father is in ACN and lives in SOKOTO (he is well connected). Yeah, some hausas know about ACN but it does not mean they will vote for it. I also acknowledge ACN for making in-roads to the SE.

Thats all I can say for now. I'll continue tomorrow.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by solihu(m): 4:53am On Mar 14, 2011
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by gernded(m): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2011
igbo will get the presidency in 2015 for sure.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^u mean by proxy!Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan or Mohammed Buharichukwu or Nuhu Ribadunwa. grin grin grin

abeg vote the golden pair of Ribadu-Fola Adeola
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by gernded(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
IGBO'S ARE NOT IN POLITICS SO DO NOT GEORGE THEM FROM THAT ANGLE BUT THEY WILL GET THE PRESIDENCY COME 2015.

THAT IS THAT YOU WATCH AND SEE.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
gernded:

IGBO'S ARE NOT IN POLITICS SO DO NOT GEORGE THEM FROM THAT ANGLE BUT THEY WILL GET THE PRESIDENCY COME 2015.

Not into politics . . . . . . agreed. No one is judging anyone. It was simply an analysis

But 2015 I seriously doubt that. Why? GEJ himself knows the truth. The special adviser to the president said it is the northerner turn 2015 so I really doubt that it is their year except they can produce someone charismatic that will sweep Nigeria, who knows. God be the solution.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by gernded(m): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
JASON I LOVE YOUR REPLY IT SOUND DIPLOMATIC AND ANALYTICAL .

BUT THE POINT IS THAT YOU CAN NOT TELL TILL THEN

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE MAIN REASON WHY THE SOME NORTHERN ELITES ARE WORKING AGAINST GEJ , IS SIMPLY WHOM TO HAND OVER COME 2015 IF HE DECIDE NOT TO RUN, AND GEJ HAS PROMISED THE IGBOS AND HE CANNOT MAKE TWO PROMISE AT THE SAME TIME AND BROTHER SUCH ISSUE WILL HEAT UP THE POLITY IF HE PROMISE THE 2 REGION SO THE NORTH ARE ASKING HIM TO SIGN SOME DOCUMENTS TO THAT EFFECT AND HE REFUSED IF NOT THEY OUGHT HAVE THROWN THEIR WAIT BEHIND HIM .

SO FOR SURE GEJ WILL WIN THEY KNOW BUT 2015 IS THE PROBLEM,
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by sbeezy8: 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2011
GEJ is going to win 2011 but in PDP 2015 PDP probably wont exist

i forsee  mass decamping by north or east if it doesnt go either way.

lol funny
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by sbeezy8: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
people ONLY joined pdp for zoning without it what good is the party?
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by gernded(m): 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2011
lets watch
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 11:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
gernded:

JASON I LOVE YOUR REPLY IT SOUND DIPLOMATIC AND ANALYTICAL .

BUT THE POINT IS THAT YOU CAN NOT TELL TILL THEN

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE MAIN REASON WHY THE SOME NORTHERN ELITES ARE WORKING AGAINST GEJ , IS SIMPLY WHOM TO HAND OVER COME 2015 IF HE DECIDE NOT TO RUN, AND GEJ HAS PROMISED THE IGBOS AND HE CANNOT MAKE TWO PROMISE AT THE SAME TIME AND BROTHER SUCH ISSUE WILL HEAT UP THE POLITY IF HE PROMISE THE 2 REGION SO THE NORTH ARE ASKING HIM TO SIGN SOME DOCUMENTS TO THAT EFFECT AND HE REFUSED IF NOT THEY OUGHT HAVE THROWN THEIR WAIT BEHIND HIM .

SO FOR SURE GEJ WILL WIN THEY KNOW BUT 2015 IS THE PROBLEM,

You fail to understand that zoning was truncated by GEJ (SS) and OBJ (SW). These people mentioned are just just individuals and do not affect the true feels of their people in whom they represent, if you get what I mean. But the moment an socio-cultural group like Ohaneze got involved, this issue became an ethnic issue and NPLF had to also get involved.
It was a party agreement NOT a National agreement. What stops a Northerner from contesting under another political party and winning?? Mind you, its the same SS that will vote for him ( not that they are traitors but this is politics where interest is permanent and friendship is temporary). What stops a SS man contesting again and winning?? What stops a yoruba man from contesting and winning It does not have to be PDP all the time, does it?? We are not a one party state, are we?? So, this zoning thing was made by PDP, for PDP, and to PDP not to ethnic groups. That was why many ethnic groups did not play partisan politics.

In the occurrence when another party wins in 2015, what happens Moreover, from the electorate population released by INEC, the north is more than the south and I know it takes them nothing to cut a deal with either the SW or the SS (usually the SS because the SW loves playing the opposition). Then what happens?? What if GEJ hands over to a northerner?? Forget the promises if he can jettison a signed agreement.

Anyway, let us wait to 2015. BTW, what I said above was based on an assumption that a consensus igbo candidate will not be reached and he might not be charismatic enough to sweep the country.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by IGWE2225: 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
The Igbos supporting GEJ is the smartest move ever, it re-enforces the fact  that the Igbos can not bow to the North or the south west, and as a matter of fact the Igbos are thinking beyond Nigeria. If we go contrary they would have played the South South against the South East, which is the only card they 've always used against the Igbos, the art of eating with the demons requires the usage of long cutlery's, The Igbo Obama coming up theory is very simplistic, Obama did not become president because the overall White Americans thinks he is wonderful, he was only used for the purpose of injecting credibility into American Democracy which the George Bush's regime rendered moribund, in the case of Nigeria they can only go for Igbo presidency if they fore see an imminent threat to their one Nigeria cash cow, and the ability of the South East to present this threat parallel with the South South which is already in motion and would have an overwhelming effect  is what determines every thing. This is the beginning of good time for the Igbos, the South South has woken up and known who the enemy is. the relationship between the Northerners, the Northern minorities and the middle belt is nakard, and these things are beginning to vindicates the Igbos and would make the south west (the ever conniving partner} inconsequential, and without no place to run in the foreseeable future.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 12:29am On Mar 16, 2011
IGWE2225:

The Igbos supporting GEJ is the smartest move ever, it re-enforces the fact  that the Igbos can not bow to the North or the south west, and as a matter of fact the Igbos are thinking beyond Nigeria. If we go contrary they would have played the South South against the South East, which is the only card they 've always used against the Igbos, the art of eating with the demons requires the usage of long cutlery's, The Igbo Obama coming up theory is very simplistic, Obama did not become president because the overall White Americans thinks he is wonderful, he was only used for the purpose of injecting credibility into American Democracy which the George Bush's regime rendered moribund, in the case of Nigeria they can only go for Igbo presidency if they fore see an imminent threat to their one Nigeria cash cow, and the ability of the South East to present this threat parallel with the South South which is already in motion and would have an overwhelming effect  is what determines every thing. This is the beginning of good time for the Igbos, the South South has woken up and known who the enemy is. the relationship between the Northerners, the Northern minorities and the middle belt is nakard, and these things are beginning to vindicates the Igbos and would make the south west (the ever conniving partner} inconsequential, and without no place to run in the foreseeable future.

@ Highlighted
I will not count on that.

@ Your post
You make it seem as if their is a grand conspiracy. The truth of the matter is the SS has no enemy or friend if they had an enemy, GEJ will not be there today. They are not stupid to think any of the majorities are their friends either. All you are witnessing here is politics. Was it not Edwin Clark that said he hates the igbo about 4 months ago?? Now, he loves the igbo.
The SS will secede with either igbos or Yorubas if they want to. But trust me, there is no "future" in what you are saying because the SS do not want to secede. All they want is TRUE FEDERALISM and most if not all of them know that they will not get that in Biafra or Oduduwa republic. Do not thing that the so called SS just comprises of Ijaws alone. There are Itsekiris, Ilajes, Isokos, Igbos, Uknawi*, Anoima, Uhrobos, Edos etc. And you they all will want to follow you to your country Dream on. Well, all this na internet talk sha.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by IGWE2225: 2:28am On Mar 16, 2011
You make it seem as if their is a grand conspiracy. The truth of the matter is the SS has no enemy or friend if they had an enemy, GEJ will not be there today. They are not silly to think any of the majorities are their friends either. All you are witnessing here is politics. Was it not Edwin Clark that said he hates the igbo about 4 months ago?? Now, he loves the igbo.
The SS will secede with either igbos or Yorubas if they want to. But trust me, there is no "future" in what you are saying because the SS do not want to secede. All they want is TRUE FEDERALISM and most if not all of them know that they will not get that in Biafra or Oduduwa republic. Do not thing that the so called SS just comprises of Ijaws alone. There are Itsekiris, Ilajes, Isokos, Igbos, Uknawi*, Anoima, Uhrobos, Edos etc. And you they all will want to follow you to your country Dream on. Well, all this na internet talk sha.

Of course there is a grand conspiracy, and also people has a God given right to have amnesia, Is all about semantics, people can comment even when their statement is not credible, the fact that GEJ is where he is today has a lot of corelation with the fact that the millitants sprang up in the creek of south south and they weren't kidding. the Edwin Clerk thing you mentioned does not do a lot to negate my view that the south south are beginning to wake up infact it does a lot to enervate the statement, people make random outbust, but the shame becomes theirs when they re track, the Igbos are playing the big brother role pretty cool even in face of adversity, hence the support of GEJ. a very large proportion of the South south are Igbos not with standing what ever sub Igbo group name they go with, when the chips are down they would surprise the shyt out of your deluded self. you are right some of  the ethnics group in the SS might not go with the Igbos, those ethnic groups we know already, but that does not mean a hand of friendship should not be extended, and those same ethnic groups their greatest fear is for the Igbos to secede and leave them behind in Nigeria with you Wolves in the South West and the North. We igbos are more interested in Homogeneous nation anyway, and if we succeed in doing that, those ethnics group that would have not  wanted to go with the Igbos would subsequently want a parallel nation of their own.  here is a statement for you to think about: If you Nigerians knew, and are very sure that there is a great distinction between the South East the South South, with the ferocity with which you hate the Igbos, your push to make the Igbos part of Nigeria at all cost wouldn't be so puissant.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 16, 2011
gernded:

Why should we GEORGE them when we can JESSICA them?
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by jason123: 2:35am On Mar 16, 2011
IGWE2225:

Of course there is a grand conspiracy, and also people has a God given right to have amnesia, Is all about semantics, people can comment even when their statement is not credible, the fact that GEJ is where he is today has a lot of corelation with the fact that the millitants sprang up in the creek of south south and they weren't kidding. the Edwin Clerk thing you mentioned does not do a lot to negate my view that the south south are beginning to wake up infact it does a lot to enervate the statement, people make random outbust, but the shame becomes theirs when they re track, the Igbos are playing the big brother role pretty cool even in face of adversity, hence the support of GEJ. a very large proportion of the South south are Igbos not with standing what ever sub Igbo group name they go with, when the chips are down they would surprise the shyt out of your deluded self. you are right some of  the ethnics group in the SS might not go with the Igbos, those ethnic groups we know already, but that does not mean a hand of friendship should not be extended, and those same ethnic groups their greatest fear is for the Igbos to secede and leave them behind in Nigeria with you Wolves in the South West and the North. We igbos are more interested in Homogeneous nation anyway, and if we succeed in doing that, those ethnics group that would have not  wanted to go with the Igbos would subsequently want a parallel nation of their own.  here is a statement for you to think about: If you Nigerians knew, and are very sure that there is a great distinction between the South East the South South, with the ferocity with which you hate the Igbos, your push to make the Igbos part of Nigeria at all cost wouldn't be so puissant.

Who said anything about hate Do you know how many igbo friends I have?? SOme are so close to me, they are like my brothers. If igbos want to go, good luck to you all. Actually, people do not care. Ask them or your friends. NO ONE CARES! If the SS goes, then people will care because they feed the Nation which includes igbos.

So, my eastern brother. GOODLUCK TO YOUR AMBITIONS but I know their are many SSoutherners and Igbos that WILL fight against it. I KNOW MANY. wink
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by AljUche: 2:42am On Mar 16, 2011
IGWE2225:

what a slowpoke cool
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by IGWE2225: 2:52am On Mar 16, 2011
Well I wont be bothered about the many people you know, am going by the statistics here, and that points to a very substantial majority. am sorry I don't mean to condescend you are not smart enought to understand this statement: If you Nigerians knew, and are very sure that there is agreat [size=13pt] distinction between the South East the South South,[/size] with the ferocity with which you hate the Igbos, your push to make the Igbos part of Nigeria at all cost wouldn't be so puissant.

Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by IGWE2225: 3:05am On Mar 16, 2011
Alj Uche:

what a not-so-smart person cool

Why am I surprised a gworo shewing yellow teeth deluded impostor would have a problems understanding anything not related to nama rearing.
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by overhyped: 3:10am On Mar 16, 2011
@ Tinubu4life, my brother I have some questions for you on the 2011 Gen election (in the SW). could you help me with your email address?
Re: Without Zoning, No Hope For Igbo Presidency In 2015- Igbo Chieftain by TNUBU4LIFE: 4:12am On Mar 16, 2011
@ overhyped,my email addy tinubu4life@yahoo.com

thanks in anticipation of a robust intellectually stimulating interaction.God bless

(1) (Reply)

Acn Can’t Speak For Yorubas On Gnu – Edo- Osagie! / Where Is Aisha2? The nice moderator, who is free and fair? / Was Lord Lugard wrong for dividing Nigeria into two?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.