Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic (17637 Views)

Female Secondary School Student Ruthlessly Beating Her Male Schoolmate ( Video ) / Schoolmate Of Sylvester Oromoni Reveals How He Was Tortured By Senior Students / National Teachers Institute Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Starboytwo(m): 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Protest will not bring back the dead. They should channel their protest to the appropriate authorities
is that not what they are doing?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Emanodimo(m): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2020
omoadeleye:

Maybe the school clinic is just filled with quack nurses, so they might not be able to handle the situation hence the rejection. But instead of being sincere that they won't be able to treat the boy but they just acted nonchalant. They can only prescribe paracetamol and receive student medical reports from other clinics during registrations.

U have said it all...That's the fact about most State owned tertiary institutions. Most are filled with semi or quack nurses, who can't handle it.

U have said it.... If I said anything, I am just rephrasing what u said....That is the fact.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by inumidun2010(m): 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
The only thing my Own school clinic knows how to do best is to PACK CONDOMS GIVE YOU as if you were sent to school to be a PO-ORNSTAR... If you go there at night, they use LANTERN.. you will even pity them

1 Like

Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
lindareep:

..."there was no fuel" just took the life of someone
This country na wa o!

They should go after the one that said the ambulance had no fuel. Did it run out of fuel and was pushed into the compound? I doubt it. Such a heartless person should never be in the health field.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by KingRoiz: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
Same Shit happened in UNIUYO sometime in 2014/2015...
So sad.
This country needs a TOTAL reformation, all sectors...
R.I.P to the dead...
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by harbarzzy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
The government killed that boy....I was actually at the general hospital ota when he was declared dead.... The lecturers that brought him were complaining why there will be no state own hospital in the whole of igbesa, Atan, iju, chelsea/winners.... And the road is bad.... Traffic and all... May his soul rest in peace
why not take him to a private hospital instead and talk about bill later
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by lindareep: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
Originalsly:

They should go after the one that said the ambulance had no fuel. Did it run out of fuel and was pushed into the compound? I doubt it. Such a heartless person should never be in the health field.

Generally, most of the health workers, nurses....I'm sorry to say this, most of them are heartless. They don't take regards for lives. Sometimes, I don't blame them sha na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by lexy2014: 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
Freestainworld:
Why they rejected him is what we should try and find out, but our hospitals are not trying shaa

Y should he be rejected in d first place? What is d purpose of d schools clinic?
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Sniper101(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

At this point, we can only speculate...since we don't have his medical history.

1.Possible injuries include a head injury, fractures to any bones, or even internal bleed from ruptured major boood vessels.

2.School clinics can only render first aid, then refer to a higher hospital.

3.If the gent had a fracture...especially skull fracture....that's an injury that is best treated in a TEACHING HOSPITAL....or similar level hospital. Wiith a consultant orthopedic doctor...and even a consultant neurosurgeon on standby. Not at a school clinic.

Infact, if the guy had multiple fractures.....and I was the school clinic nurse on duty, I won't even touch the patient...not if I want to keep my licensse to practice. Refer, refer.

The fact that the guy was knocked down is enough to assume there would most likely be some major injury. In such a case...refer, refer to the nearest biig tertiary hospital...where investigations can be done

4.As for clinic not having fuel...see why ASUU and ASUP go on strike. See why some of us can't stand corruption.?

Ogbeni, all diswan wey u dey blow na grammar

The fact still remains: they have no moral justification to reject a patient.
If they are not well equipped for the job, the very least they should've done was to administer a first-aid treatment and then convey the patient, with their ambulance, to the nearest hospital.

Simple!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by harmony75: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2020
at least first aid from that clinic on the victim would have sustain him..why do we have hospitals that don't value humans life like this??!! why do you call it hospital when you can't save life??
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Cmanforall: 12:11am On Nov 05, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

University clinics are funded from the university's budget.

The problem is, most universities are badly funded to begin with. That's a big part of what ASUU has been fighting for...for increased funding for universities as a whole...not just lecturer salaries.

But with an education budget of less than a trillion naira....when South Africa has seven times that for their education budget..and they charge higher fees for their uiversites into the bargain, what did you expect.?
No doubt, the educational system needs more funding. But the question that may linger is - will it be used appropriately?
And it might also affect school/university fees.
I don't know how much it costs to study in South Africa, as you highlighted, but I hope it's conversion will be bearable for parents to pay in Nigeria.

Again, the universities should be well funded and the funds should be judiciously utilized.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by JohnBullMySon: 1:06am On Nov 05, 2020
So ordinary motorcycle can kill someone? How?
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by NoToPile: 2:16am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
. I don't know if there is any public hospital at lusada or Agbara . but I know there is none at Owode, Atan, Iju, Chelsea, Winners, till you get to Obasanjo and the roads are inaccessible....

There's no general hospital at agbara , let me even add down to lusada.

Most people at agbara side use general hospital badagry or Igando general .

Ogun state government is not helping this agbara , Lusada axis at all with the influx from LAGOS to that end it developing very fast, plenty towns on that axis, the roads are bad, no state owned hospital and the govt makes a lot of money from that axis. Very terrible.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by NoToPile: 2:18am On Nov 05, 2020
Habayomie:

Is it compulsory they take him to state owned hospital,why not first aid from nearest government owned hospital,e.g Agbara,Atan.
I was mad when Atan community built a police station from scratch and donated it to the Nigeria Police instead of a standard hospital.
Yes the roads are bad,but we need to make some decisions to save lives.

Is there a govt owned hospital( not health center) at agbara?
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Starhearts: 2:29am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
I don't know if there is any public hospital at lusada or Agbara .. but I know there is none at Owode, Atan, Iju, Chelsea, Winners, till you get to Obasanjo and the roads are inaccessible....

Yes

I can confirm d road... Hell on earth particularly atan to lusada? I pray not to pass d road Again... Very Very terrible
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Habayomie(m): 2:51am On Nov 05, 2020
NoToPile:

Is there a govt owned hospital( not health center) at agbara?
There is a General hospital there.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Aug28th(m): 3:43am On Nov 05, 2020
Diamondvicky:
My coursemate, a brilliant students just gone like that still heart broken the protest still goes on cry
Your number 3 demand really make sense but I doubt if you guys will win

Back then, we paid school fee, acceptance, obligatory fee, consumable fee and faculty fee

Till date, I don't understand the meaning of obligatory, fee and consumable fee.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 05, 2020
lefulefu:
and we will say buhari is wicked
just tell me what will u now say about the officials running the school clinic
You are right. Buhari is a angel. We should praise him for not developing even the National Hospital in Abuja, while running abroad to seek medical attention. Sai Buhari...
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Odunolumide(m): 6:34am On Nov 05, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

At this point, we can only speculate...since we don't have his medical history.

1.Possible injuries include a head injury, fractures to any bones, or even internal bleed from ruptured major boood vessels.

2.School clinics can only render first aid, then refer to a higher hospital.

3.If the gent had a fracture...especially skull fracture....that's an injury that is best treated in a TEACHING HOSPITAL....or similar level hospital. Wiith a consultant orthopedic doctor...and even a consultant neurosurgeon on standby. Not at a school clinic.

Infact, if the guy had multiple fractures.....and I was the school clinic nurse on duty, I won't even touch the patient...not if I want to keep my licensse to practice. Refer, refer.

The fact that the guy was knocked down is enough to assume there would most likely be some major injury. In such a case...refer, refer to the nearest biig tertiary hospital...where investigations can be done

4.As for clinic not having fuel...see why ASUU and ASUP go on strike. See why some of us can't stand corruption.?

You keep shouting refer refer refer. You said clinic can only offer first aid, why didn't they at least offer the victim first aid?
Did you know that victim's movement during an accident is important if you want to save their life? The clinic should at least try to receive the victim and make him comfortable on a stretcher and at least a clinic should have resucitation facilities and then provide ambulance services while referring him to the hospital.

If an ambulance/paramedics can be equipped to attend to an accident victim before they get to the hospital I don't see why a clinic/nurse can't provide similar services.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by healthbing(f): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2020
It's a pity..
RIP
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by MrBONE2(m): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2020
lindareep:
..."there was no fuel" just took the life of someone
This country na wa o!
Painfully when there is enough oil in the Con3
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by NoToPile: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2020
Habayomie:

There is a General hospital there.

Where in Agbara?
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Segzy19: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2020
Hmmm! Sometimes we can't blame some of these school clinics. They have been so under-funded and abandoned such that all they do is to give paracetamol and cough medicine. They are not equipped to handle anything beyond malaria, typhoid and cough.
Freestainworld:
Why they rejected him is what we should try and find out, but our hospitals are not trying shaa
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by yomi007k(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2020
Freestainworld:

Not all health facilities can handle such a case.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by debbydams(f): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
See beta people,, the same thing that happened last Friday at kwara state university, when an asthmatic patient was brought to the school � clinic nd there was no inhaler in the whole clinic, the worst part was they refused to tell his friend dat he is dead o..we were planning to protest before the school authority deploy military men to the school .. We were unable to protest na so protest end.. Countless student always complain about unchallant attitude of doctors nd nurses working at the school clinic.. RIP.
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Yamleg: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
Diamondvicky:
My coursemate, a brilliant students just gone like that still heart broken the protest still goes on cry
You stay in igbesa
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by holymiles(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
Aug28th:
My Alma Mater cry
same as mine. i did my national diploma there 12-14
Re: Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic by Diamondvicky(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
Yamleg:

You stay in igbesa
Yes, why are you asking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase of tuition fees in Nigerian Universities:A better educational standard? / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka / As A Student - 7 Factors To Consider If You Want To Stay Off Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.