Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! (22338 Views)

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Nah students I really pity, u guys should hold the FG accountable and y'all should forget about school opening this year, till next year probably, If I were u I would go and sharpen my skills to make money, cuz this current FG doesn't care, Buhari feels his cows are better than Nigerians.

They don't care for real..
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Chrisjay1998(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2020
These Bastards... Guess it's tym to lose hope ND ggo look for something to do
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by CzarChris(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Au79:
this news really saddens my heart...7years plus in the university all beacause of one form of strike or the other..
using one tool to fight the government over and over again yet no tangible lasting solution. wont you change tactics..i mean its only a fool who does something in a particular way and manner over again and expects a different result..haba.. wherever you read or hear the name ASUU there will surely be the word "strike" in that same sentence or coversation...very annoying lots..i
u hardly see foreign students in nigeria universities these days cos of thi incessant disruption of academic calenders...the government is iirseponsibe..yes we know! but must you further contribute to the decay of our tertiary institutions..u say if not fot ASUU struggle, nigeria federal universities would av been on shambles or the school fees would have been exhorbitantly high. bla bla bla....now i ask u ASUU, are schools like uniilorin,lasu and other states universities not doing well too? are the school fees of these institution very high?
looking forward to seeing that day when i will read news like " ASUU urges the federal government to heed to its demands or else they would temporarily call of its members to discontinue the research of a vaccine for endemic illness like say malaria, or drugs or economics , agricultural, minning , conflict resolutional strategies..."..never!!! all you hear is ASUU threatens strike, strike and strike cos of cos thats the only bargainin power they have.....mtchheeww
and for those of you praying for school to resume next year, well i believe you guys are still kids in probably your first or second year( no insult intended) my prayer for u is that may ASUU strike and other strikes that may continue to happen in future not put u in a position that jobs would reject you not cos u didnt do excellently well in job intervies but simply because you have exceeded the age limit needed for employment
#EndAsuuSrike
Actually, UniIlorin is back to the fold, they always benefit from ASUU's fight. I don't know about LASU though. Come to think about it, which other method can one use to bring this government to the negotiation table if not strike. Strike is the only thing that catches their attention.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by enesexy(f): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Do you want to sell out your fairly used hollandias wrapper and your fairly used clothes especially Ankara to meet that need?

You don't have to struggle so much to find buyers.
We are here to reduce your stress.
We are a trusted buyer.
Location.... Abuja and Ilorin.
Call or send us a message for an easy transaction....09016268179, 09061229034.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Lionelbhass(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Lolz u should just get something doing, cuz the government doesn't give a damn
Lol, you for leave am oh
That talk is from the heart smiley
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
Why can't they afford it.... Is it government money?... The money belongs to every citizen of Nigeria...See the way Ngige talk am like say the money in question is family inheritance... nah wa oo.... I just they see We can not, We offered them, We don't have any money,We,We,We... Abeg who are the We the honorable minister of labour is referring too... Nah so the constitution fraudulently talk say"We the people of Nigeria....We the people of Nigeria are suffering....
until Nigerians start realising that Nigeria is a very poor country, the better for us. The fact still remains we lack disciplined leaders. Our population has far outgrown the finances for critical sectors. A population check is the most ideal thing for any serious govt.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Lionelbhass(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2020
As for me I consider this year cancelled for anything regarding school.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Ngige is a cunny politician; the 110bn he is emphasizing is not the main issue. I am sure ASUU will accept 20bn for revitalization.

The 30bn EAA is also acceptable if FGN will source something for other unions.

The main issue now is withheld salaries and ippis.
the corruption in the university system won't allow this lecturers accept IPPIS. They are so used to their duplicitous income.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Mide3367: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2020
Make students kukuma go carry their luggages from school and go learn work. Shikena tongue
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by simonolowo(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2020
inteli:
Where is NANS? This is the period they would have used to shine and wins the hearts of their fellow students. Hmm! Pity sad

NANS is battling with corruption scandal. NANS is not what it use to be.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by NNEWIsuper: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2020
franciskaine:
the corruption in the university system won't allow this lecturers accept IPPIS. They are so used to their duplicitous income.
Ippis is a faulty payment platform.. I don't blame ASUU,
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Austeeenxx: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2020
Me don already face fashion designing.

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Vicdgreat556(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
Why can't they afford it.... Is it government money?... The money belongs to every citizen of Nigeria...See the way Ngige talk am like say the money in question is family inheritance... nah wa oo.... I just they see We can not, We offered them, We don't have any money,We,We,We... Abeg who are the We the honorable minister of labour is referring too... Nah so the constitution fraudulently talk say"We the people of Nigeria....We the people of Nigeria are suffering....

Wisdom will not kill you jor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sirgalahad26(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2020
Au79:
this news really saddens my heart...7years plus in the university all beacause of one form of strike or the other..
using one tool to fight the government over and over again yet no tangible lasting solution. wont you change tactics..i mean its only a fool who does something in a particular way and manner over again and expects a different result..haba.. wherever you read or hear the name ASUU there will surely be the word "strike" in that same sentence or coversation...very annoying lots..i
u hardly see foreign students in nigeria universities these days cos of thi incessant disruption of academic calenders...the government is iirseponsibe..yes we know! but must you further contribute to the decay of our tertiary institutions..u say if not fot ASUU struggle, nigeria federal universities would av been on shambles or the school fees would have been exhorbitantly high. bla bla bla....now i ask u ASUU, are schools like uniilorin,lasu and other states universities not doing well too? are the school fees of these institution very high?
looking forward to seeing that day when i will read news like " ASUU urges the federal government to heed to its demands or else they would temporarily call of its members to discontinue the research of a vaccine for endemic illness like say malaria, or drugs or economics , agricultural, minning , conflict resolutional strategies..."..never!!! all you hear is ASUU threatens strike, strike and strike cos of cos thats the only bargainin power they have.....mtchheeww
and for those of you praying for school to resume next year, well i believe you guys are still kids in probably your first or second year( no insult intended) my prayer for u is that may ASUU strike and other strikes that may continue to happen in future not put u in a position that jobs would reject you not cos u didnt do excellently well in job intervies but simply because you have exceeded the age limit needed for employment
#EndAsuuSrike

I deeply understand your pains, but I'll advise you as a fellow student to develop yourself in ways that will cover up for your weakness (exceeded age limit)
Why don't you take up competitive hard and soft skills needed for jobs in the digital age.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by DAVE5(m): 7:43am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:

You want the political class to give some of the money they wanted to loot, when they know the money gan would be looted by those who want to receive it?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sirgalahad26(m): 7:43am On Nov 05, 2020
Let's be realistic, resumption this year is not feasible anymore!
Even of school resumes, we have just few weeks to Christmas break so why don't we just lock up and expect resumption next year!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Evicsholar(f): 7:46am On Nov 05, 2020
ASUU and FG news is always a motivation that makes me intensify efforts on plans of graduate degree abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Kontagora1: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2020
It seems like that some of these people will escape thunder strike God will not shame us

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bluefilm: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2020
Oh la la...

Just like I prayed.

No more of these your useless and fruitless meetings again this year abeg.

I want to resume next year.

I make my prayer through Jesus Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by seankafor(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2020
sirgalahad26:
Let's be realistic, resumption this year is not feasible anymore!
Even of school resumes, we have just few weeks to Christmas break so why don't we just lock up and expect resumption next year!
who even tell you say next year sure for resumption? undecided

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by jolyment: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2020
Bomboiy:
At this point we need an #EndASUUStrike protest,these men are hell-bent on ruining us .

Blame FG

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by meekah: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Pull out from where? are u high? do u even know the that the current president is lecturing in a state school
who told you better check up on your fact
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by jolyment: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Ngige is a cunny politician; the 110bn he is emphasizing is not the main issue. I am sure ASUU will accept 20bn for revitalization.

The 30bn EAA is also acceptable if FGN will source something for other unions.

The main issue now is withheld salaries and ippis.

The revitalization fund is crucial too, let them fund universities properly.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sirgalahad26(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2020
seankafor:
who even tell you say next year sure for resumption? undecided
LMAO!!!
Honestly, I don't want school to resume anytime soon!

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Anny505(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2020
Bomboiy:
At this point we need an #EndASUUStrike protest,these men are hell-bent on ruining us .

No follow start dey hustle, dey wait make ASUU call off strike

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by themanderon: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2020
They cannot afford it but they can afford to pay political office holders, national Assembly members and others who are parasites that really do nothing the same billions. Its OK. When you have a president who never went to school, how can you expect him to value education or cant we all see they would rather we all be illiterates so they can bend us to their will like they do their people up north? Education is fast loosing value in this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by SavageMaster: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2020
inteli:
Where is NANS? This is the period they would have used to shine and wins the hearts of their fellow students. Hmm! Pity sad

They're still trying to recover the funds their ex sit-tight President looted while in office

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by SavageMaster: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2020
Au79:
#EndAsuuSrike

All this outburst shocked shocked

Hold your government accountable. There would be no need for ASUU strikes if government did what they were supposed to do.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2020
meekah:
who told you better check up on your fact
You should tell me now, since u know
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Abcruz(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2020
Abatemtem:
Those of us that are passionate about school and education nko?

Been passionate about school doesn't prevent you from learning a skill. If you should look at the current state of Nigeria, banking on the degree alone may lead you off the bridge.

Know this and know peace
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Psylas2: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2020
This country should be restructured.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by poiZon: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I feel like committing suicide dear
Bros buy coffin keep before u begin the quest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) / How To Improve Your English Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.