Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! (22311 Views)

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sinkhole: 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
We can’t afford N110bn revitalisation fund—Ngige.

ABUJA- THE meeting between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, over the poor funding of Universities and the controversy surrounding the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, IPPIS, payment platform, yesterday ended without any resolution.

This is as the Federal Government at the meeting which held at the Conference Hall of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Abuja, said it cannot afford the N110 billion demanded by the ASUU for funding of revitalisation of universities.

Speaking at the end of the meeting, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige told journalists that the government cannot meet the demand of ASUU of revitalisation because of the damaging effects of COVID-19 on the economy.

Senator Ngige disclosed that the Federal Government has offered the union N20 billion for revitalisation and N30 billion for Earned Academic Allowances, making it N50 billion all together.

The minister said the government side made all these offers to show its commitment towards the resolution of the prolonged strike of the union.

According to him, “There are three issues. revitalization fund where government offered ASUU N20 billion as a sign of good faith based on the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) they entered into in 2013 as a result of the renegotiation they had with government in 2009. This present government is still committed to it. That is why we are giving them offers of some fund,” Ngige said.

“This government is not against revitalization but this government says that because of dire economic situation and COVID-19, we cannot really pay the N110 billion which they are demanding for revitalization.

“We offered N20 billion as revitalization fund. On Earned Academic Allowances (EAA), the government offered N30 billion to all the unions in the universities, making it N50 billion all together.

“ASUU is saying that the N30 billion should be for lecturers alone, irrespective of the fact that there are three other unions. So there is a little problem there. We don’t have any money to offer apart from this N30 billion.

“Again, another cardinal issue is the University Transperancy and Accountability Solution (UTAS) versus IPPIS. Today ASUU submitted their document on UTAS for onward submission to National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). As you know last week, the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy had approved that NITDA gets their system (UTAS) and subject it to integrity test. This test should be conducted without fear or favour and as early as possible. So today they have submitted the document for onward transmission to NITDA.”

Ngige said the transition period and how to disburse the Earned Academic Allowances and other entitlements remained unresolved as ASUU wanted an exemption from IPPIS whereas the government side headed by the Accountant General of the Federation insisted on IPPIS, being the only government approved payment platform.

He said, “So that is where were are for now. So we are all going back to our principals and they will receive via me the irreducible minimum of what federal government has to offer.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/strike-fg-ASUU-meeting-ends-in-deadlock/amp/?

The government side will meet on Friday and after that they will communicate ASUU and in communicating them, if there is a need for a meeting, a date will be fixed for it.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-we-cant-meet-asuus-financial-demands-fg/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nah students I really pity, u guys should hold the FG accountable and y'all should forget about school opening this year, till next year probably, If I were u I would go and sharpen my skills to make money, cuz this current FG doesn't care, Buhari feels his cows are better than Nigerians.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Karlifate: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
They cannot afford the N110 billion demanded by the ASUU for funding of revitalisation of universities?

Well, when the head is NOT correct, the other parts of the body will also share in its pain. kiss

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Why can't they afford it.... Is it government money?... The money belongs to every citizen of Nigeria...See the way Ngige talk am like say the money in question is family inheritance... nah wa oo.... I just they see We can not, We offered them, We don't have any money,We,We,We... Abeg who are the We the honorable minister of labour is referring too... Nah so the constitution fraudulently talk say"We the people of Nigeria....We the people of Nigeria are suffering....

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
Why can't they afford it.... Is it government money?... The money belongs to every citizen of Nigeria...See the way Ngige talk am like say the money in question is family inheritance... nah wa oo
Lolz u should just get something doing, cuz the government doesn't give a damn

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sinkhole: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
I'm really very sick now embarassed though I expected this!

15 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
sinkhole:
I'm really very sick now embarassed though I expected this!
grin grin grin Cheer up my fellow comarde... Las las our bitterleaf go sweet inside pot. At the bolded... I don comot mind for the whole thing since 3 weeks ago

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sinkhole: 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin grin Cheer up my fellow comarde... Las las our bitterleaf go sweet inside pot. At the bolded... I don comot mind for the whole thing since 3 weeks ago
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Bomboiy: 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
At this point we need an #EndASUUStrike protest,these men are hell-bent on ruining us .

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Slimdan360: 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
let state schools at least pull out na,how can u be on strike because somebody's employer refuses to pay him,na wa o

8 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Drfifa: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wahala for who still Carry school Resumption this year for head..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
U comot Ur mind, yet u still follow every ASUU threads? interesting cheesycheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by quolahpoh: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
I think this is old news.. not for today Wednesday 4th November 2020 lol
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Dreamliner787(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
Why can't they afford it.... Is it government money?... The money belongs to every citizen of Nigeria...See the way Ngige talk am like say the money in question is family inheritance... nah wa oo.... I just they see We can not, We offered them, We don't have any money,We,We,We... Abeg who are the We the honorable minister of labour is referring too... Nah so the constitution fraudulently talk say"We the people of Nigeria....We the people of Nigeria are suffering....

I feel like committing suicide dear

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
Karlifate:
They cannot afford the N110 billion demanded by the ASUU for funding of revitalisation of universities?

Well, when the head is NOT correct, the other parts of the body will also share in its pain.

Ngige is a cunny politician; the 110bn he is emphasizing is not the main issue. I am sure ASUU will accept 20bn for revitalization.

The 30bn EAA is also acceptable if FGN will source something for other unions.

The main issue now is withheld salaries and ippis.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
U comot Ur mind, yet u still follow every ASUU threads? interesting cheesycheesy
I was always optimistic that they will call of the strike by the next meeting.. till the next meeting becomes another meeting... Nah so I zero my mind... I'm not expecting much from them but I have to follow the news cos the issue concerns me.

7 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
Slimdan360:
let state schools at least pull out na,how can u be on strike because somebody's employer refuses to pay him,na wa o
Pull out from where? are u high? do u even know the that the current president is lecturing in a state school

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I feel like committing suicide dear
Abeg oo... No do am... Download feeling good by Asa... You go feel good sharp sharp or buy suya and Noddles.. cook the 2 together... Eat up and forgot ASUU/FG matter.... Nigeria does not worth dying for.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by sinkhole: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
quolahpoh:
I think this is old news.. not for today Wednesday 4th November 2020 lol
I also got confused at a point because part of the news says, yesterday! But then it's a new posting by Vanguard Newspaper

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
Slimdan360:

That 110bn Ngige is talking about will be shared between ALL public universities. Whatever about is finally agreed on will be shared for all public universities for infrastructural development. No ASUU member will get a penny out of that money.

Another issue which is not reported in the media often is amendment of NUC act to incorporate state universities so that there will be adequate funding from state governments.

8 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by inteli: 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2020
Where is NANS? This is the period they would have used to shine and wins the hearts of their fellow students. Hmm! Pity sad

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Zeion422(m): 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
ASUU and FG knows exactly what they are doing....it only a fool dat will believe they are fighting for the average Nigeria student......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by FuckHomophobes: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
Make una go learn crypto currency trading. It'll pay you in the long run

4 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by OralB: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
All you undergraduates here should start selling OralB toothpastes. That is way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Au79(m): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
this news really saddens my heart...7years plus in the university all beacause of one form of strike or the other..
using one tool to fight the government over and over again yet no tangible lasting solution. wont you change tactics..i mean its only a fool who does something in a particular way and manner over again and expects a different result..haba.. wherever you read or hear the name ASUU there will surely be the word "strike" in that same sentence or coversation...very annoying lots..i
u hardly see foreign students in nigeria universities these days cos of thi incessant disruption of academic calenders...the government is iirseponsibe..yes we know! but must you further contribute to the decay of our tertiary institutions..u say if not fot ASUU struggle, nigeria federal universities would av been on shambles or the school fees would have been exhorbitantly high. bla bla bla....now i ask u ASUU, are schools like uniilorin,lasu and other states universities not doing well too? are the school fees of these institution very high?
looking forward to seeing that day when i will read news like " ASUU urges the federal government to heed to its demands or else they would temporarily call of its members to discontinue the research of a vaccine for endemic illness like say malaria, or drugs or economics , agricultural, minning , conflict resolutional strategies..."..never!!! all you hear is ASUU threatens strike, strike and strike cos of cos thats the only bargainin power they have.....mtchheeww
and for those of you praying for school to resume next year, well i believe you guys are still kids in probably your first or second year( no insult intended) my prayer for u is that may ASUU strike and other strikes that may continue to happen in future not put u in a position that jobs would reject you not cos u didnt do excellently well in job intervies but simply because you have exceeded the age limit needed for employment
#EndAsuuSrike

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Vicdgreat556(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Thanks Assu,I trust u guys won't accept that penny d useless FG wanna give....we are not complaining ehn,if it worth closing down the sch till 2022,so as to allow this bunch of illiterate see the important of funding education, we will all wait ehn....
At least let's still make more money..

I said before, it's not too late to start learning a skill oo

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Honduras01: 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
[s]
Vicdgreat556:
Thanks Assu,I trust u guys won't accept that penny d useless FG wanna give....we are not complaining ehn,if it worth closing down the sch till 2022,so as to allow this bunch of illiterate see the important of funding education, we will all wait ehn....
At least let's still make more money..

I said before, it's not too late to start learning a skill oo
[/s]

learn skill crew grin

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Vicdgreat556(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2020
Honduras01:
[s][/s]

learn skill crew grin

That's how if you graduate you will still wait for FG.. and wail and wail... waiter...

8 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Honduras01: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

That's how if you graduate you will still wait for FG.. and wail and wail... waiter...

grin u will wail

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by ipinuoluwa96184: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wahala for who still Carry school Resumption this year for head..
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Adonis86(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
it's well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olasunkanmi Opeifa Named Finalist For $1m Global Teacher Prize / The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) / ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.