Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

#ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account (40238 Views)

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead / 86FB Accuses Flutterwave Of Freezing Its Funds Maliciously / Allarounda1: Dangote Sued Me For Declining His Silence Money – Alleged Ex-lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by 1759ademola(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2020
abumeinben:
This reminds me of the case between US government and Apple over a man who the FBI wanted badly and they got his iPhone. FBI contacted Apple for the unlocking but Apple refused that it's the privacy and data protection policy of the company. FBI had to look for other means to break into the phone. One of the reasons Apple iPhone is highly trusted, sort of.

The bank has no right to freeze customer's account. I listened to Peterside on Arise TV and he confirmed this. Lawlessness has its root in this country's leadership and it sprouts in the media, military, Police force, civil service, and particularly in the courts.

I hope Access Bank loses this case angry
That's a one-sided judgement. With a court order, it's an order that the bank must freeze the account if it's dirty. Look, that thing had saved the head of innocent people from many fraudsters. If you lose to them before, you will know what I'm talking about.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by romenna: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2020
Now i see why the bank was attacked during the protest
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2020
The sort of thing access is good at, debiting and blocking peoples accounts.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by bizzibodi(m): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2020
Freezing customer account is an infringement on d right of property & right to protest or support a protest.....but how is #100m($262,000)
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by dej26(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2020
FILEBE:
If this is true that the government ordered the account to be frozen because of the endsars protest. Then, the government is wrong . Yes, they are, if they have done anything wrong , why don't you charge them to court? Why all these subtle or secret reprimand or whatever you call it.
You too get sense abeg. If they are wrong according to the constitution, charge them to court.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by abumeinben(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2020
1759ademola:

That's a one-sided judgement. With a court order, it's an order that the bank must freeze the account if it's dirty. Look, that thing had saved the head of innocent people from many fraudsters. If you lose to them before, you will know what I'm talking about.

I know what I typed oga. Is there a fraud case?
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by OralB: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2020
HotPoundedYam:
and this is the last time I will ever buy this product
No one needs the patronage of a nuiscance.
Thanks.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Sarah20A(f): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2020
supportnija:
Oga, your personal account was used to paying donations, no government will fold his hands and watch you, government want to know those people who donated it into your account.
was the protest unlawful? Was a court ordered issued before the unlawful act was carried out? Other individuals experiencing this should follow suit.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by sircatherine45(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2020
abumeinben:
This reminds me of the case between US government and Apple over a man who the FBI wanted badly and they got his iPhone. FBI contacted Apple for the unlocking but Apple refused that it's the privacy and data protection policy of the company. FBI had to look for other means to break into the phone. One of the reasons Apple iPhone is highly trusted, sort of.

The bank has no right to freeze customer's account. I listened to Peterside on Arise TV and he confirmed this. Lawlessness has its root in this country's leadership and it sprouts in the media, military, Police force, civil service, and particularly in the courts.

Tim Cook, right?

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by AdeMoss: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2020
Please don't fool yourself, restriction can be placed on suspicious transactions and the CBN have power to do so. The question should be, "who regulates the regulator"

abumeinben:

Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by abumeinben(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2020
AdeMoss:
Please don't fool yourself, restriction can be placed on suspicious transactions and the CBN have power to do so. The question should be, "who regulates the regulator"

Where's the suspicion?
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by b4itlate(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2020
Ppl like u re the problem, but I hope u feel what all those ppl experienced from the disbanded SARS.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by FEGEITOK: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2020
AerialMapper:
Sue the useless banks! A bank cannot restrict access to a bank account without an order from a judge!!! Simple

The president, EFCC, central bank; no one can restrict your access to your account without a court order.

We sued GTBank and won and got paid for them doing such nonsense! Surely you won’t get the 100m but you will 100% win the case.

The judicial precedent is GTB PLC V ADEDAMOLA (2019) 5 NWLR 30 AT 43 PAR E-F: Before freezing customer's account or placing any form of restriction on any bank account, the bank must be satisfied that there is an order of court.

4,000,000 Naira as damages
500,000 Naira as cost of the action

Way to go!

Rule of law over rule of brawn!

I have no doubt Gatefield will also win this case
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Erojepromise(f): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2020
uote author=thebosstrevor1 post=9569762All theskeyboard warriors, Nigerian is lenient on you, go and try your nonsense in Russia and china, lets see if you wont be classified as enemy of the state.[/quote] you are truly a fool those countries you mentioned are by far better than Nigeria in all aspects tha
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Oselu28(f): 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
OralB:
Instead of wasting your time on some fruitless ENdSARs protest, why not start selling oralB?

this your business strategy no sell at all, na who dey alive dey brush teeth,
also your oralB is useless and therefore your business fruitless
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by HotPoundedYam(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
OralB:
No one needs the patronage of a nuiscance. Thanks.
look at this hoodlum. nonsense
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by idahme(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
supportnija:
Oga, your personal account was used to paying donations, no government will fold his hands and watch you, government want to know those people who donated it into your account.

Without recourse to rule of law? Why make laws when u can't abide by it?
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by luluman: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Una never see something.

All those involved in destruction shall all face the wrath of the law.

If i was president, the protest won't have even happened
See this one!!!
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by peculiar2233: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Una never see something.

Omo irankiran
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Mastakija(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
visijo:
You bleach yourself but you can't speak English.
Now how will you be communicating with your fellow whites?��‍♂️
is it all whites dat speaks english niundecided
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by ThePropertyGuy: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2020
It will do us well to note that freezing of any Bank account is not arbitrary. There has to be a directive or order mandating such. As long as they followed an order either from the CBN, courts or any such authority then the bank is fine. One can begin talking about suing the issuing authority

AerialMapper:
Sue the useless banks! A bank cannot restrict access to a bank account without an order from a judge!!! Simple

The president, EFCC, central bank; no one can restrict your access to your account without a court order.

We sued GTBank and won and got paid for them doing such nonsense! Surely you won’t get the 100m but you will 100% win the case.

The judicial precedent is GTB PLC V ADEDAMOLA (2019) 5 NWLR 30 AT 43 PAR E-F: Before freezing customer's account or placing any form of restriction on any bank account, the bank must be satisfied that there is an order of court.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by sirjentul05(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Una never see something.

And you will die a quick death before seeing the next president, say amen
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by AerialMapper: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
ThePropertyGuy:
It will do us well to note that freezing of any Bank account is not arbitrary. There has to be a directive or order mandating such. As long as they followed an order either from the CBN, courts or any such authority then the bank is fine. One can begin talking about suing the issuing authority

You are wrong! Only a court can order the freezing of an account. The CBN, EFCC, Police or whoever has to get a valid court order. I speak from experience. No authority can issue a directive

Our bank got an order from EFCC to restrict our account without a court order. We sued the bank and won an award which they paid.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by CrownWale93(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
Make I go withdraw my money commot for the bank before dem loose the case
abumeinben:

Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by abumeinben(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2020
CrownWale93:
Make I go withdraw my money commot for the bank before dem loose the case

Na small change be 200k dollars na for the bank. Calm down.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by CrownWale93(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2020
I don hear you oo, why dem dey some frivolous charges on someone's account if 200k dollars be small change to them.
abumeinben:

Na small change be 200k dollars na for the bank. Calm down.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by abumeinben(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2020
CrownWale93:
I don hear you oo, why dem dey some frivolous charges on someone's account if 200k dollars be small change to them.

Those small small charges na hin dey enter billions na
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by NoshakingGod(f): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
MrBanner:
Very good! We have to rise up to impunity in this country or else our children will suffer more than we have suffered! Imagine the likes of El Rufai's son and zombies like Dawisu or even Desmond Elliot who are being groomed by these old timers to succeed them. Imagine what will happen to my children if El Rufai's son becomes president in 30 years from now? I'm a devout muslim but I'm not a fool. It's time we put this religion thing beside us and fight to have a better system than what we have now. A system that actually works! It doesn't matter the religion of who seats on that seat, what matters is that things start working in this country for Pete's sake!

What is wrong with you with people seeking assistance from members of the forum? Did I beg you for money or job? Are you OK at all? Are you the one they are seeking the assistance from? Why can't you just respect yourself and stop this nonsense? You must be very mad as this is the only achievement your miserable self can achieve in life. Big fool. Don't just let me transfer aggression to you. Idiot.
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by FEGEITOK: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Update

https://www.barristerNG.com/breaking-cbn-obtains-order-to-freeze-endsars-promoters-accounts-till-january-full-list/

The order was unlawful before it was issued by the court

If anyone takes it up legally, they will win damages for the period preceding the court order

They should all talk to their lawyer
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by Techgonzo: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
NoshakingGod:

What is wrong with you with people seeking assistance from members of the forum? Did I beg you for money or job? Are you OK at all? Are you the one they are seeking the assistance from? Why can't you just respect yourself and stop this nonsense? You must be very mad as this is the only achievement your miserable self can achieve in life. Big fool. Don't just let me transfer aggression to you. Idiot.

Unrepentant beggar. Instead of you to pity yourself and your family and stop disgracing yourself, you're attacking him for reporting you. Some of you just don't have shame on this nairaland I swear
Re: #ENDSARS: Access Bank Sued By Gatefield For Freezing Account by NoshakingGod(f): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Techgonzo:

Unrepentant beggar. Instead of you to pity yourself and your family and stop disgracing yourself, you're attacking him for reporting you. Some of you just don't have shame on this nairaland I swear

You are as foolish as the person I quoted. At least I begged for a job, employment which is a honourable thing. Did I beg you for money to eat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Starting A Pharmaceutical Marketing/distribution Company In Nigeria / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order / What Is The Best Answer For "How Did You Get My Number?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.