Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally (5209 Views)

My Shihtzu Just Whelped / My Rottweiler Bitch Jst Whelped ...xmas Puppies / 2 Months Plus Females Long Coat Gsd,just 32k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Please I need all the pro breeders and all with experience to tell me what to do please I'm scared please.....!!!URGENTLY
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Robinson155(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2020
Just get a vet
That’s pretty much intense
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
Robinson155:
Just get a vet
That’s pretty much intense
boss I can't get a vet by this time...that's the problem sir
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 11:09am On Nov 08, 2020
Did the pup make it? cry
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Sola2010: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2020
So sorry I'm joining the thread late. Am an experienced breeder so ask whatever you need to know about.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Haroldjunior:
Did the pup make it? cry
yes the pup is still alive but all legs are still stiff cry...I'm just so sad seeing the pup this way
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
Sola2010:
So sorry I'm joining the thread late. Am an experienced breeder so ask whatever you need to know about.
OK thank you sir.....the thing is the pup legs just became stiff all of a sudden and her stomach is a bit strong but she's not showing any sign of weakness....she can't breastfeed well because she can't move her hands and the mom too doesn't have much milk in her so she's refusing to feed....I'm just so sad for the pups....so little and passing through all this cry cry
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
ebenson90:
OK thank you sir.....the thing is the pup legs just became stiff all of a sudden and her stomach is a bit strong but she's not showing any sign of weakness....she can't breastfeed well because she can't move her hands and the mom too doesn't have much milk in her so she's refusing to feed....I'm just so sad for the pups....so little and passing through all this cry cry
So sorry bro. Have you at least gotten the things I told you that you could use to augment with the little milk their mum is producing.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
Haroldjunior:

So sorry bro. Have you at least gotten the things I told you that you could use to augment with the little milk their mum is producing.
yes I have........ sad
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Sola2010: 6:53am On Nov 09, 2020
You can go to any pet store and buy puppy milk replacer.It is a milk that is designed for puppies.Another thing u should try to do is design a 200 watt bulb inside the cage which you will have to put on in the night and early in the morning,you know harmattan is around now.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
yes I have........ sad
And? Any progress?
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:29am On Nov 09, 2020
Sola2010:
You can go to any pet store and buy puppy milk replacer.It is a milk that is designed for puppies.Another thing u should try to do is design a 200 watt bulb inside the cage which you will have to put on in the night and early in the morning,you know harmattan is around now.
I have 2 of bulb installed in their cage since their second day on earth....
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:29am On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:

And? Any progress?
boss nothing ooo

...pup still be like that
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Robinson155(m): 10:46am On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
boss I can't get a vet by this time...that's the problem sir

Lucky for you
M going to see my vet this afternoon
So
I can share your issues with him
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2020
Chai. Is it just that one pup? Or na all?
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2020
Robinson155:

Lucky for you
M going to see my vet this afternoon
So
I can share your issues with him
thank you so much Robin....I really appreciate this...
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:
Chai. Is it just that one pup? Or na all?
bro is just that one ooo....today is even worse.....her body is very strong and she's just shouting since...my heart weeps whenever I look at her cry...she's in so much pain
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
bro is just that one ooo....today is even worse.....her body is very strong and she's just shouting since...my heart weeps whenever I look at her cry...she's in so much pain
Have you noticed any swellings on her or any visible areas that if you touch triggers the pain?
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2020
Please I need help here please.....
Iamanderson
Eveezy
Menkano
Peragsd
Everyone who has an idea should please share please
And every vet that is active on here.....
Please what could just make this pup's legs to become stiff and her stomach strong that she can't even crawl....
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Have you noticed any swellings on her or any visible areas that if you touch triggers the pain?
no...there's nothing like that....no swelling and when I touch/carry her on me,she becomes calm.......she is just shouting and forcing herself to crawl but she can't because the legs are stiff.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
no...there's nothing like that....no swelling and when I touch/carry her on me,she becomes calm.......she is just shouting and forcing herself to crawl but she can't because the legs are stiff.
Just keep hand feeding her and try as much as possible to comfort her. See if by the time she'll be about 2 weeks there'd be any improvements.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Just keep hand feeding her and try as much as possible to comfort her. See if by the time she'll be about 2 weeks there'd be any improvements.
cry cryokay will do...
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Eveezy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
Iamanderson
Eveezy
Menkano
Peragsd
Please what could just make this pup's legs to become stiff and her stomach strong that she can't even crawl....
Strong or bloated stomach could be as a result of several things like worms or liver problem

1 Like

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Eveezy:

Strong or bloated stomach could be as a result of several things like worms or liver problem
OK sir...but what is the solution here?
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
I really don't know what to say, I really wished I could help you.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
It could be possible that the evaporated milk you gave the puppy earlier might have caused diarrhea and the puppy might not be passing out enough feaces and urine to enable emptying their bowel. You know at this stage, they can't pass out urine and feaces on their own, and their mum might not be doing a good job at making them urinate or poop. Liver dysfunction could be the case. Try to stimulate the pup's sex organ by rubbing it with a towel or something so it could urinate, also rub their anus too, to see if the pup can stool at least.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Eveezy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:

I really don't know what to say, I really wished I could help you.
Was the bitch dewormed before the mating?
Contact a vet asap

1 Like

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:

It could be possible that the evaporated milk you gave the puppy earlier might have caused diarrhea and the puppy might not be passing out enough feaces and urine to enable emptying their bowel. You know at this stage, they can't pass out urine and feaces on their own, and their mum might not be doing a good job at making them urinate or poop. Liver dysfunction could be the case. Try to stimulate the pup's sex organ by rubbing it with a towel or something so it could urinate, also rub their anus too, to see if the pup can stool at least.
I've watched videos on YouTube about this and I've done that....the pup poo and urinate when I do it
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
Eveezy:

Was the bitch dewormed before the mating?
Contact a vet asap
I contacted the vet I use for them and she's out of town.....I made a video recording of the pup and I've shown it to 5different vets but they were shocked saying they've never seen anything like this....I even showed vets at agege.......
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
I've started hand feeding the pups with hollandia evaporated milk
Pls don't try this
That is sweetened evaporated milk and it's a recipe for diahorea in dogs
If you are in an emergency, use plain full cream milk instead
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenson90:
Iamanderson
Eveezy
Menkano
Peragsd
I'm sensing liver problems or worm infestation.
At it's young age it's a very serious issue
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 3:09am On Nov 10, 2020
IamAnderson:

Pls don't try this
That is sweetened evaporated milk and it's a recipe for diahorea in dogs
If you are in an emergency, use plain full cream milk instead
yea I stopped ...I now use nan1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Dedicating This Thread For Max (my boerboel) / 2 Male brindle Boerboel Puppies For 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.