Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm (250 Views)

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by Thebest12(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Dear nairalanders betther morning.
So i am an upcoming in whatever i am doing . I have so many bosses in the industry I am looking upto . My problem is some of them feels pride . If I chat them up they don't reply . But right now , there is this particular one , I feel like if he gives me his platform I might make a lot of money from it , and might I might blow as well, he is helping others , but he has refused to help me when ever I calls him . And he doesn't reply my chat even when he views the message he ignores. I am contemplating on blocking him is it right if I should ? I have already deleted his contact.

We greets fine fine . We talks very well when ever we meet in person . But once it is a business chat he ignores me . If I call him he won't pick up, he busy my calls immediately it rings and my name pops up, unless i call him with an unknown number . He has never stretched out a helping hand to me since 2018 I knew him . Is it okay if I should just block him and move on ?
Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by Davash222(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2020
He owe you nothing!

You can block him as long as he's not incharge of your oxygen.
Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by SKhanmi: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2020
Might not be pride, They probably see you as a competitor. Those he helped, did he allow them blow pass him? If not, he knows you don't have the patience to lick shoes for long.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by YoonSung57: 9:00am On Nov 05, 2020
Who go lose because when he will later try to reach for a good message you won't be able to receive it and he goes for another...
Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2020
Op don't lose yourself in the process of trying to patronise or gain the acceptance of your boss,

The truth is that most of them are in the first place biased towards their favourites, they always have favourites.

I will advise you to keep on honing and refining your skills and talents.

Op don't block your boss, that is a negative vibe
Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by CrazyMan(m): 11:05am On Nov 05, 2020
Some humans are naturally selfish and wouldn't lift a finger on your behalf if it won't benefit them in any way. So you must learn to choose your associates, mentors, and colleagues carefully and most importantly learn not sound so desperate when seeking for help from them (those you feel are in a much better position to move your career forward)

Also, you must understand that in the struggle for relevance and wealth, some people naturally would get jealous of the little efforts you're making (your goals your dreams...etc) and begin to see you as a threat. So you must keep your mouth shut, your dreams, plans...etc should remain buried in the deepest and darkest part of your heart.

The business market isn't a fair market a lot of players would want you to remain beneath them and keep according all necessary respect and worship to them, others might try to render some assistance to you but it would be very limited it so that your success wouldn't overtake theirs. Others actually care less about you and would most likely cutoff once they discover that they directly or indirectly possess a vital key or information that you would require to climb the ladder.

My advice? Don't become desperate reason being that desperation throws you off the ladder of success. Desperation cheapens you and eliminates every atom of respect the other party had for you...so in as much as you urgently need to excel in your field you must try to make yourself sellable by cutting off from those you clearly know aren't interested in seeing you rise, and focusing your efforts on those who have proved to you beyond every reasonable doubt that they value your efforts.

Finally, here's what you'll do concerning your bosses... whenever you chat them up avoid bringing up business talks, asking for help or assistance since it's obvious that they're not ready to assist you. Try to Hussle independently on your own, forge your own path, create your own connections...then tell them tales of your success in your next discussion. I can assure you that they'll loosen up and even begin to call you.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by Thebest12(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
I need more answers pls
Re: Is It Right To Block A Boss Who Refused To Reply Dm by Thebest12(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
More

(1) (Reply)

Make Thousands Of $$ From Home With This Skill / CIPS Level 4 (diploma) January 2021 Exam / How To Benefit From Msme 75,000 Grant From Federal Ministry Of Humanitarian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.