Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits (751 Views)

Dangers And Errors Of Dating Among Minors / John T Bobick Death – SVU Law And Order Mourns / Reasons For Rape And Sexual Harassment Of Women And Minors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by AtoningBlood(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2020
What does the Nigerian law say about the financial claims of a minor? Is the Minor entitled to a separate bank/funding account or the claims can be paid to the mother? We are trying to ensure the deceased (father) kids get all their financial entitlement and channelled to their education and other personal care items without the mother diverting the funds.

@Dominique, kindly help me.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by Shortcut2life: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
Lol kassala don box .... why can’t you leave it to their mom to handle ?

Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
AtoningBlood:
What does the Nigerian law say about the financial claims of a minor? Is the Minor entitled to a separate bank/funding account or the claims can be paid to the mother? We are trying to ensure the deceased (father) kids get all their financial entitlement and channelled to their education and other personal care items without the mother diverting the funds.
@Dominique, kindly help me.
Thanks.

Oh, ok, you do not trust and believe that the welfare of the children would be well protected by the mother.

Mmh! This is going to be a difficult, first the children being minors are slightly incapacitated, they have to act through an Adult.

And their mother is an Adult!

Solution, Unless you can Prove (irrefutable Proof, which I have seen that people are not able to surmount) to the satisfaction of the Court that she will not be a good guardian to her children, the children are in the graces of their mother.

In the alternative, your family can actively supervise the welfare of the children!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by AtoningBlood(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh, ok, you do not trust and believe that the welfare of the children would be well protected by the mother.

Mmh! This is going to be a difficult, first the children being minors are slightly incapacitated, they have to act through an Adult.

And their mother is an Adult!

Solution, Unless you can Prove (irrefutable Proof, which I have seen that people are not able to surmount) to the satisfaction of the Court that she will not be a good guardian to her children, the children are in the graces of their mother.

In the alternative, your family can actively supervise the welfare of the children!

It's an assignment, I can't question why the company needs this but am sure it's sure the the future of the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
AtoningBlood:

It's an assignment, I can't question why the company needs this but am sure it's sure the the future of the deceased.

An Assignment? You failed to mention that you were undertaking an Assignment.

I presume it is the deceased property you wish to dispose, and therefore, the wife of the deceased is in issue.

Flowing from this I am very suspicious of your intentions at this point and I do not believe it is for a good purpose.

Without Reasonable and believable cause, I can never be in support of family members Stealing or Attempting to Steal the property of a deceased husband under the guise of protection of the children!
Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by AtoningBlood(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please don't presume, I do not have any one who is deceased in my family. I believe in yea is yea, and no means no.

If you know any law in Nigeria stating the rules for minors claiming their benefits, please state it, I have gone through pencom and other sites, no definite answers. It's an assignment, and I just need better information on my findings, reason why I brought it here. Your assumption is wrong, but I take it that you may not know any Nigeria law clearly spelling out the procedures.

the widow also have her entitlements to her claims, but the company wants to separate the kids claims from hers, so they can be properly managed and used for the children education and other personal benefits meant for the kids.

Thanks.

@Dominique, if you can help me push this, I will be glad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by Dtruthspeaker: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2020
AtoningBlood:
Please don't presume, I do not have any one who is deceased in my family. I believe in yea is yea, and no means no.

If you know any law in Nigeria stating the rules for minors claiming their benefits, please state it, I have gone through pencom and other sites, no definite answers. It's an assignment, and I just need better information on my findings, reason why I brought it here. Your assumption is wrong, but I take it that you may not know any Nigeria law clearly spelling out the procedures.

the widow also have her entitlements to her claims, but the company wants to separate the kids claims from hers, so they can be properly managed and used for the children education and other personal benefits meant for the kids.

Thanks.

@Dominique, if you can help me push this, I will be glad.

The First Law is Minors even though they have Rights, Can Not Directly and by themselves, seek enforcement of their Rights.

Minors can only do so through An Approved Adult.

Now, why would anyone give you this Assignment when you are not a lawyer? Since it's been given to you, then you have to go see a lawyer for the full Counsel.

Full legal counsel that is not life threatening, may not be given here and should not be given here, for everyone has their role and sustenance in the society.

So as God's Law States, "Give To Everyone, his Due!"

Visit a lawyer to Resolve All, do not cheat a person out of his due.
Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by tobechi74: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2020
Law don't favor children
Re: Nigeria Law And Minors Claiming Funds/benefits by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12am On Nov 06, 2020
tobechi74:
Law don't favor children

That is not correct, The Law is only respecting and Protecting the Truth that children are endangered in being cheated out of their Rights or being shortchanged from their Full Rights or they may go above and beyond their Rights, thereby causing a breach if they are allowed to handle their own matters, by themselves.

And that is of course No Reasonable person can be expected to put serious matters, in the hands of children.

And that is besides the fact that we all know how intelligent and reasonable children are.

(1) (Reply)

Help, We Are Looking For Him / What Is The Right Age To Gift Your Child A Smartphone? / Sumec Firman 1990s Brand New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.