Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person (1070 Views)

Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect / Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. / Atiku Abubakar Meets Chris Smith, US Congressman At Capitol Washington DC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by Welcum: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2020
As we congratulate the trailblazing Nigerians who are standing for and winning elections in the USA in the current election season, we also need to set these records straight. Although Oye Owolewa from D.C. said that he is the first US Congressman from Nigeria, the facts on the ground are saying a different thing.

Right now on the first page, there is a thread shared from Premium Times that gives details of the Nigerians who have won elections in the USA this year. The thread is here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6232573/esther-agbaje-oye-owolewa-nnamdi

According to that post Nnamdi Chukwuọcha won a RE-ELECTION to a Delaware House of Reps seat. He won the seat for the first time in 2018 and no one talked about it. Now, he won a re-election and got mentioned last and I'm wondering why.

OK, see my head and start hitting me as you like. I don talk am. Meanwhile, Honorable Chukwuocha is from the same state with the In-coming POTUS.

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by okeyglm: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2020
He is the ist Nigerian to cling senate seat in USA, the other guy is for house of rep not senate. get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by helinues: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2020
But they have all reported the 3 Nigerians that won their elections in USA and they all made FP

So what's the meaning of this thread? undecided
Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by yemmight(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2020
Them don start.
Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by kingsavage: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2020
You don't know the difference btw senate and HOR
Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Oye Owolewa from D.C. is a shadow house of rep member.

He cant vote.

The other Nnamdi Chukwuọcha is a state house of rep member (Delaware)
Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by Moferere: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
Na dem, Illiterate Peoples of Biafra (Igbos).

Dem don come

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by Ofemannnu: 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
The Delaware House of Representatives is the lower house of the Delaware General Assembly, the state legislature of the US state of Delaware. It is composed of 41 Representatives from an equal number of constituencies, each of whom is elected to a two-year term. Its members are not subject to term limits. The House meets at the Delaware Legislative Hall in Dover.

It is different from USA house of Rep where Owolewa won.
Oye Owolewa is the first Nigerian American Congress man

3 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by NGpatriot: 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Illiterate ipobss no dey Carry last...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by DubbyV: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
Doesn't matter who was first, bro. I wonder why some of you are in this competition for ethnic superiority in Nigeria. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways... I have an iPad 4 for sale in PH. Check my signature for contact

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by IamWonderful: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Baby factory people always turn everything to competition although first in crime with no rival

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by arcis: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
@op is mumu....You want to start what you can not finish abi. Cant you differentiate between House of Rep and state assembly?

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by GeneralStan(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
okeyglm:
He is the ist Nigerian to cling senate seat in USA, the other guy is for house of rep not senate. get your facts right.

You equally have to get your facts rights Oye was voted into the US Congress ( Federal house of reps/ green Chambers) While Nnamdi Won reelection into Delaware's State Assembly ( State House of Assembly)...
So Oye Remains the first Nigerian to land a seat in the US Congress

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by kikelomo68469: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Oye Owolewa from D.C. is a shadow house of rep member.He cant vote.The other Nnamdi Chukwuọcha is a state house of rep member (Delaware)
Re: Oye Owolewa Is Not The First US Congressman From Nigeria; See The Person by Seerade029: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
See how OP disgraced himself

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked Third Most Terrorised Country In The World — For The Sixth Time / Shekau: Biafra Group Mocks Adamu Garba, Others / Does Anyone Feel Like 'buhari Is Back'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.