Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect (36977 Views)

Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election / Atiku Abubakar Meets Chris Smith, US Congressman At Capitol Washington DC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by daewoorazer(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
His Biography:

Oye is a first-generation Nigerian-American. His parents, born and raised in Nigeria, raised him with 2 guiding principles, a value in community service and an early exposure to science. This exposure became a love for science, culminating in him achieving a
Doctorate of Pharmacy.

Upon completing his degree in pharmacy, Oye moved to DC to begin practicing pharmacy and impacting the community. Since 2014, he’s been a member of RESET, a coalition of STEM professionals who volunteer in public schools, engaging students through hands-on science experiments. his goal is to inspire young people to pursue STEM careers and become tomorrow’s scientists.

The Community Advocate
In 2018, Oye was elected commissioner of his neighborhood in Southeast DC. In this position, he served as the medium between the community and the local government.

Oye worked to bring resources to the underserved by advising DC lawmakers based on continued community feedback.

Some of Oye’s most notable achievements were increasing science enrichment programs in Southeast elementary schools, adding traffic safety measures and helping bring a Senior Day Center to the neighborhood.

As commissioner, Oye learned the value of being an advocate and community resource.

https://www.oye4dc.com/about-oye

His victory statement

Good morning. Looks like WE DID IT!!! I want to thank everyone, from family and close friends to DC residents. Because of your contributions and sacrifices, I stand before you as America's first Nigerian American congressman. In this role, I'm going to fight for DC statehood and bring our values to the lawmaking process. While today is day for some celebration, the hard work also follows. Again, thanks so much for everything. I wouldnt be here without yall.

With love and gratitude,
Oye, congressman elect

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHK0_OCnsgD/?igshid=ge7wuztc7dte

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hmmm!!! Good leaders are only found in western world

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by sammysmiles(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
Am so happy for this... I believe by this time next year I should be in the the USA by the mercies of God.... Congrats Brother...

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by flemsy15(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Over 80 percent of the votes!! Baba played his game well well.
Congrats to him

21 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congrats Man

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by oluwaseyi0: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by ODJ124(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congrats to him....

It's funny how one was leading.... with hundreds of thousands of votes... all of a sudden everything just changed....140000 votes awarded to Biden.. not even a single Vote for Trump or others....
If Biden wins let trump head to the Supreme Court...
justice must prevail... by all means he once to be rigged out.. its not to fair..

I believe trump has been rigged out..

lemme cool myself with some drink..

Thread seen...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Jakpon: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
If Oye Owolewa and Esther Agbaje had been in Nigeria, there is the probabilty that they might have been extra judicially killed by SARS. fortunately for them, they are in a sane country where their dreams can be achieved and potentials fully maximised.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Kirchoffs: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Omo wa ni

Yoruba gene destined for greatness

Congratulations Omoluabi may Eledumare keep guiding and guarding you with angels

2023 in Nigeria watch out for your next Yoruba Nigerian President

Stop claiming what you not, Jihadist

4 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Patrickyemi: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Thats what am talking about

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Moferere: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
It's a big W
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by somehow: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Which party did he run on?
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Result look more like unoppose to me...

Damn! You're working towards DC statehood, that would be massive if u can achieve it o.... DC was created 230 years ago and u making the statehood possible, ur name will be written in gold..

I pray God help you...

11 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by lekki1444: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
cheesy
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Stop celebrating mediocrity.

He is there to defend and promote America's interest not Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by ModestGal(f): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
H
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Omoslim26: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ok

Forget all the yehn yehn yehn ra ra ra

There is something special about carrying the Nigerian blood even the developed first class world know it

9ja
The only embossed Giant of Africa

3 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by LegacyB: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Omo wa ni

Congratulations Omoluabi may Eledumare keep guiding and guarding you with angelsNigerians are destined for greatness you should say.

3 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Kokoboss: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations...
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by loveli2uall: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations to Oye in a country where they believe that youths are leaders of today and tomorrow...
I pray for all Nigerians with great focus

8 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by GodHatesBigots(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
We have two Nigerians in congress who can bring massive pressure on the US government to curb the activities of our terrorist Nigerian government.

6 Likes

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Uyi168: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
I see
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by IntellectOzone(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
Yoruba Amaka grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by BENJI9058: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2020

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by OmoManU: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Omo wa ni

Congratulations Omoluabi may Eledumare keep guiding and guarding you with angels

This is wrong, we are all guilty of this, including myself.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by bobokeshington: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
CONGRATULATIONS OYE! CONGRATULATIONS NIGERIANS!!

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by rattlesnake(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Reacts To Buhari’s ‘Death Rumour’, Denies Involvement / Edo Residents Dance To Celebrate Obaseki’s Re-Election (Video) / Nigerians Who Head International Organisations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.