Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Pastor Chris : A Divine Commission, With Divine Omnipotence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris : A Divine Commission, With Divine Omnipotence (1284 Views)

Deepsight: Is Consciousness A Divine Attribute Or An Accident Of Evolution? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Why Is Pastor Chris A Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris : A Divine Commission, With Divine Omnipotence by Joagbaje(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2011
Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned

As Christians, we’ve been divinely commissioned to preach the Gospel and manifest the kingdomlife to those in our world. Jesus said in
John 20:21, “As the Father has sent me, even so send I you!”
But then in
Luke 24:49, He was quick to add: “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of
Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”

This promise of the Father was fulfilled when the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost: “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come…suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting…And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:1-4). After the death, burial,
and resurrection of Jesus, His disciples tucked themselves in an upper room, quietly hiding from the Jews. But when the
Holy Spirit came upon them, every feeling of timidity disappeared! With boldness, they began to preach the very same Jesus they were forbidden from even mentioning.

The Lord Jesus had instructed the disciples to wait until they were endued with power from on high, even though He had given them the great Commission in Mark 16:15. He didn’t want them to go out preaching just because they were excited; He knew they needed power from on high. That power came on the day of Pentecost. And if you’re born again and have received the Holy Spirit, you’ve received that power from on high. It’s the dynamic ability to cause changes! It’s the power that makes you an effective witness for Christ.

There’s an inherent power in your spirit that makes you bold and unafraid to preach the Gospel anywhere,anytime! With that power working in you, everywhere you go, you win! You just know that you’re a success for God. It doesn’t matter how you start, you finish strong! This is the reason you ought to be bold and effective as a soul winner! You’re sent from God, on a divine commission, with divine omnipotence in your spirit. There’s something inside you that makes you a winner, it’s the power of the Holy Ghost, and it can meet any need. Praise God!

Prayer
I am full of power and dominion to preach the Gospel because of the presence of the Holy Ghost in my life! Nothing and no one can intimidate or stop my progress as I advance the Kingdom of God everyday, teaching men and women in my world to live for Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

(1) (Reply)

Predestination: A Letter To The Rev. John Wesley By A. M Toplady / A Proof Of Heaven - Author. / N1000 Offering Instead Of N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.