Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings (1762 Views)

Residents Confronts Nigeria Police Officers In Obigbo, Rivers State / Why Was Obigbo/Oyigbo Taken Out Of Imo State And Carved Into Rivers State? / A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Pureheart81: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
My dear people, I live in PH, I have a property in Obigbo and I have friends, workers and relatives residing in Obigbo. I get in contact with them everyday to get updates of happenings there.

The Wike narratives that Ipob are causing trouble in Obigbo always is just a smoke screen employed by him to vent his pathological hatred on the Igbos.

First of all, let me state categorically that I’am not a member, a support or a fan of Ipob because of personal reasons not relevant here. It’s obvious that the majority of IPOB members in Obigbo are from Etche and Eleme, both are in Rivers state.

The main fracas that triggered the mayhem in Obigbo during the peaceful #EndSars protest was caused by the Fulani/ Northern moslem community who confronted the protesters on a Friday after their routine prayers. They chased the protesters with weapons, in a bid to protect their main mosque at Elelenwo axis but were overpowered by the protesters who actually didn’t attack their mosque as expected but inflicted several and severe wounds on the Fulani youths.

Later that night, the Fulanis brought in their deadly herdsmen around Iriebe where the fulanis have a market (yam zone) but the youths of Obigbo and the IPOB came together to resist the herdsmen and drove them away, of course there were casualties on both sides. This culminated into the burning of properties belonging to both sides and spilled over to the burning of the police station at Obigbo when it was seen that the police was on the side of the herdsmen.

Later that day, the Fulani called in the army from Bori camp because the tide was turned against them. It was at this point that Wike took over when some 6 soldiers were disarmed and killed including 3 policemen. Rather than hold the two sides responsible, Wike’s govt hung every thing on the IPOB, criminalized them and declared an indirect warfare on the Igbos, in the name of hounding the IPOB members.

The soldiers have carefully killed many people in revenge and 99% of the main and collateral victims are Igbos. Right now there’s a house to house hunting of Igbo youths in the name of searching for missing military guns. All these are happening within Wike’s imposed total curfew meant to keep the youths indoors for easier capture.

Note that Obigbo is an abandoned LGA in Rivers state, because it is 90% populated by Igbos. There’s no govt presence, no roads, no light, and not even a good hospital or school. This is despite of the fact that there are several oil wells /fields and the popular Afam power station in Obigbo. The scandalous government neglect is deliberate and not unconnected with the obvious fact that Obigbo is igboland.

The nocturnal secret house to house search, arrest and maiming is still on going as many residents are still trapped and couldn’t escape in time.

The outcry for help should continue to high heavens until this govt backed mayhem stops.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by smileyoo: 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
thank you and God bless you for letting the world to know exactly what is happening in obigbo.
all i know is that perpetrators and supporters of evil will never escape divine judgement, either in this life or here after.
wike can continue killing his people in the pretext of killing ipob members, but he will never benefit anything positive from his paymasters over this needless killings of the innocent citizens.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2020
And the useless Ohaneze that ought to be the mouthpiece of Ndigbo was so scared of coming out boldly to fight our corner.....they had to include IPOB when apportioning blame! The fools and any other bastard blaming Igbos for defending themselves in their own land against state-backed Fulani marauders probably would have wanted them to turn the other cheek and then sit down quietly!

OP, thanks for shedding light on what actually happened! Your report sounds reasonable and is most likely what happened!

I would expect Ohaneze, IPOB and the NBA to be heading to the ICC at The Hague to file criminal charges of genocide against Buhari, Wike and the Nigerian army!

6 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Ever8090: 12:50am On Nov 06, 2020
They chased the protesters to protect their mosque in "Elelenwo axis" then fight started in obibo abi?..hmmmm

If the protesters were on peaceful protest, then what was the fulanis chasing them for?..

You see ehn.. Nnamdi Kanu never kill una finish...make Una dey listen to that hunchback albino...

Note: I base in port Harcourt too and I was at Eleme junction on that day, I witnessed the event life and direct...

Shaa..Wike don already tell una say Rivers state no be Biafera,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2020
Why is wike having problem with igbos?
Why are Hausa having the same thing with igbos?
Same Edo, Yoruba, Ghana, SAfrica, China......and all those small countries wey no fit stand Nigeria in the first place? I need honest answer (they are jealous answer is not allowed)

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by wingmanIII: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks for bringing up this fact. Funny enough,Iriebe is an ikwerre community. Maybe they should have been left to battle the herdsmen on their own.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2020
IamFINESSE:

Because your father should have used condom on your mother to avoid a terrible mistake like you
very predictable answer from you guys but that wasn't the question
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 06, 2020
Thing like this happened in Oyo town of the well known king Lamidi (Alaafin of Oyo). The Fulanis attacked a market mainly Yorubas in broad daylight and killed many. The king gave order to hunt these bloodsuckers in their forest base, and many were caught and killed at unaware..

-Order came from Abuja through IGP office, and police raided the Yoruba communities and conducted house to house arrest on the Yoruba youths in a nepotic defense of the Fulanis. Alaafin of Oyo didn’t take it lightly!

They were all taken to Abuja by the order of Buhari through IGP office. If not for Lamidi’s retaliation, those guys would have been forgotten history. There are many things Fulanis don’t know about Oyo and Ife land. Buhari dare not pierce the eyes of Oduduwa and live! He released them so as not to unravel some secrets about him in the aso rock.

Same thing like this happened in Zuru Emirates of Kebbi state, even Kaduna and other parts of the country. It’s their strategy, that’s what they are well known for. Constitution is mainly Northern Fulani’s interest..

Op, I can feel your pain.. There are many sell outs in the whole southern region, and Wike is only protecting his own future interest once he leaves office, just like Akpabio. He once apologized to Buhari, it’s a code to do his biden to secure his future political interest in the red chamber through APC ticket..

But one thing is sure, we have marked those who betrayed and sell out his people. Greater calamities are about coming upon them all shortly.

19 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Noerection: 1:21am On Nov 06, 2020
Wike 3 Ibos 0
Wike should continue giving them as e dey hot
They will soon become endangered species
If South Africans kill anybody today na dem they killed

If Indonesia kill anybody today na them they killed

If Ghanaians lynch anybody na dem they lynched

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by GodHatesBigots(m): 1:25am On Nov 06, 2020
Noerection:
Wike 3 Ibos 0
Wike should continue giving them as e dey hot
They will soon become endangered species
If South Africans kill anybody today na dem they killed

If Indonesia kill anybody today na them they killed

If Ghanaians lynch anybody na dem they lynched

Man of limited intellect and base instincts , chained to the floor of ethnic idiocy and religious bigotry. Be ye free says the lord....

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by GodHatesBigots(m): 1:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Ever8090:
They chased the protesters to protect their mosque in "Elelenwo axis" then fight started in obibo abi?..hmmmm

If the protesters were on peaceful protest, then what was the fulanis chasing them for?..

You see ehn.. Nnamdi Kanu never kill una finish...make Una dey listen to that hunchback albino...

Note: I base in port Harcourt too and I was at Eleme junction on that day, I witnessed the event life and direct...

Plausible
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by GodHatesBigots(m): 1:29am On Nov 06, 2020
A very enlightening article. Some are more inclined to violence and fanaticism than others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by Turantula(m): 1:58am On Nov 06, 2020
SuperBold:
Why is wike having problem with igbos?
Why are Hausa having the same thing with igbos?
Same Edo, Yoruba, Ghana, SAfrica, China......and all those small countries wey no fit stand Nigeria in the first place? I need honest answer (they are jealous answer is not allowed)
That was the same with the jews in europe during the 19th and 20th century

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by michelz: 3:27am On Nov 06, 2020
OP ,your account is nothing but an evil and atrocious lie.
Anyone with half a brain would smell an IPOB - cooked-up childish propaganda all over it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by battymann: 4:13am On Nov 06, 2020
Pureheart81:
My dear people, I live in PH, I have a property in Obigbo and I have friends, workers and relatives residing in Obigbo. I get in contact with them everyday to get updates of happenings there.

The Wike narratives that Ipob are causing trouble in Obigbo always is just a smoke screen employed by him to vent his pathological hatred on the Igbos.

First of all, let me state categorically that I’am not a member, a support or a fan of Ipob because of personal reasons not relevant here. It’s obvious that the majority of IPOB members in Obigbo are from Etche and Eleme, both are in Rivers state.

The main fracas that triggered the mayhem in Obigbo during the peaceful #EndSars protest was caused by the Fulani/ Northern moslem community who confronted the protesters on a Friday after their routine prayers. They chased the protesters with weapons, in a bid to protect their main mosque at Elelenwo axis but were overpowered by the protesters who actually didn’t attack their mosque as expected but inflicted several and severe wounds on the Fulani youths.

Later that night, the Fulanis brought in their deadly herdsmen around Iriebe where the fulanis have a market (yam zone) but the youths of Obigbo and the IPOB came together to resist the herdsmen and drove them away, of course there were casualties on both sides. This culminated into the burning of properties belonging to both sides and spilled over to the burning of the police station at Obigbo when it was seen that the police was on the side of the herdsmen.

Later that day, the Fulani called in the army from Bori camp because the tide was turned against them. It was at this point that Wike took over when some 6 soldiers were disarmed and killed including 3 policemen. Rather than hold the two sides responsible, Wike’s govt hung every thing on the IPOB, criminalized them and declared an indirect warfare on the Igbos, in the name of hounding the IPOB members.

The soldiers have carefully killed many people in revenge and 99% of the main and collateral victims are Igbos. Right now there’s a house to house hunting of Igbo youths in the name of searching for missing military guns. All these are happening within Wike’s imposed total curfew meant to keep the youths indoors for easier capture.

Note that Obigbo is an abandoned LGA in Rivers state, because it is 90% populated by Igbos. There’s no govt presence, no roads, no light, and not even a good hospital or school. This is despite of the fact that there are several oil wells /fields and the popular Afam power station in Obigbo. The scandalous government neglect is deliberate and not unconnected with the obvious fact that Obigbo is igboland.

The nocturnal secret house to house search, arrest and maiming is still on going as many residents are still trapped and couldn’t escape in time.

The outcry for help should continue to high heavens until this govt backed mayhem stops.

Yours is a good account of what happened in Obigbo.
I live in Portharcourt, close to Artillery junction and remember how northern youths blocked the Aba road from UBA down to Oil mill. Those of them who tried venturing into Elelenwo were beaten mercilessly. From that moment I knew army would be involved in the matter sooner.
The killing of security personnel in Obigbo started about two weeks before the endsars protest with the cold blood murder of a SARS operative. With some hoodlums in that area making some bold statements like, "we don't want to see SARS here". SARS retaliated in a cool covert manner, the residents went to plead with them. That matter was under management before the riot broke out.
Actually there had been some elements who because of the nature of Obigbo had taken that as safe haven. Surely these people are not IPOB since they never carried out their activities under the umbrella. I strongly suspect there is a criminal cell operating in that area that are not comfortable with security personnel presence.
Army were right to move in, but the way they went about killing at random and house to house picking of young people without any form of investigation was unprofessional and a pure work of unchecked emotions

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by vanbonattel: 5:25am On Nov 06, 2020
IamFINESSE:

Because your father should have used condom on your mother to avoid a terrible mistake like you

100 naira gold circle.
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by desmondidiot: 5:32am On Nov 06, 2020
Thunder must fire � you

Ever8090:

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by helinues: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Is IPOB now a leprosy group that all of you are now denying?
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by helinues: 5:36am On Nov 06, 2020
IamFINESSE:

Are you always aggressive all the time?
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by vanbonattel: 5:39am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:
Is IPOB now a leprosy group that all of you are now denying?

What he was saying is that IPOB was not even in the picture, and that your attempts to draw them into the matter was laughable and a distraction from the main cause of the matter.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by helinues: 5:44am On Nov 06, 2020
vanbonattel:

What he was saying is that IPOB was not even in the picture, and that your attempts to draw them into the matter was laughable and a distraction from the main cause of the matter.

It’s obvious that the majority of IPOB members in Obigbo are from Etche and Eleme, both are in Rivers state

Note that Obigbo is an abandoned LGA in Rivers state, because it is 90% populated by Igbos.

Later that night, the Fulanis brought in their deadly herdsmen around Iriebe where the fulanis have a market (yam zone) but the youths of Obigbo and the IPOB came together to resist the herdsmen and drove them away, of course there were casualties on both sides

What was your argument about again?
Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by alizma: 5:51am On Nov 06, 2020
Pureheart81:

You mean the Fulanis saw peaceful protesters on the street, then they came out of their mosque to chase them away? Well done.
Sometimes I don't know how some of you come up with this conclusion about your so called "peaceful" protest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by vanbonattel: 5:51am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:

What was your argument about again?

You are cutting statement from the third and 4th paragraph which happened much later at night? Shows how pathetic you are as a liar. IPOB was never in the picture and your attempt to link them to this is pathetic.

What about the fulani herdsmen that were called in to attack people of Obigbo ? Why didn't the army go after them too?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by vanbonattel: 5:53am On Nov 06, 2020
alizma:

You mean the Fulanis saw peaceful protesters on the street, then they came out of their mosque to chase them away? Well done.
Sometimes I don't know how some of you come up with this conclusion about your so called "peaceful" protest.

Yes, that was what happened in Abuja and Lagos. The fulanis saw the peaceful protests as an attack on their brother Buharri. That was the genesis of this problem.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Obigbo Rivers Killings by helinues: 6:00am On Nov 06, 2020
vanbonattel:

You are cutting statement from the third and 4th paragraph which happened much later at night? Shows how pathetic you are as a liar. [b]IPOB was never in the picture [/b]and your attempt to link them to this is pathetic.

What about the fulani herdsmen that were called in to attack people of Obigbo ? Why didn't the army go after them too?

NL is not Ochenja market discussion.

Read over what you wrote again and be the judge

3 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Uche Mefor Dumps IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, Floats New Radio Station / Lagos Rail Mass Transit - Why The Silence / Ipob Have Been Declared Terrorist By IYND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.