Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel (21898 Views)

I Haven't Eaten For Days - Plantain Thief Caught In Sagamu Begs For Forgiveness / A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) / 10 Criminal Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by envoymedia: 6:54am On Nov 06, 2020
I have not seen my husband since his arrest by SARS in 2017, woman tells Anambra panel

A woman identified as Mrs Amarachi Johnson has told the Anambra State Judicial Panel investigating cases of alleged police brutality how her husband was arrested and allegedly murdered by the officers of the defunct Federal Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS), Awkuzu Unit, Anambra State in 2017.

Mrs Johnson told the panel on Thursday that her Benin Republic-based husband was whisked away by the officers at their residence at No1. Ichida Street, Awka, on August 1, 2017, on the ground that he was a kidnapper.

The mother of one accompanied by her counsel explained that her husband was arrested without charge by SARS officers from Awkuzu Unit lead by one Okoi Ikpi.

She noted that till this moment, she is yet to see the corpse of her husband after three years, adding that the officers also took away her refrigerator, her laptop, i-pad, and some of her baby things.

Johnson said: “When they came to our house wearing F-SARS T-shirts, I asked them to show their identity cards, but the told me not to burden them and that I should marry another husband because the man I am living with will not return back alive again.”

She said that her husband who was the breadwinner of the family is an indigene of Aguleri community.

His death was confirmed to me when I approached the Anambra State High Court along with my lawyer few months after his arrest.

“I am using this opportunity to appeal to this honourable panel to investigate and compel the Police authority to pay a reasonable compensation to my family for upkeep and my husband’s proper burial,” she said.

The chairman of the panel, Retired Justice Veronica Umeh adjourned proceedings to November 10 for further hearing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/i-have-not-seen-my-husband-since-his-arrest-by-sars-in-2017-woman-tells-anambra-panel/amp/

6 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Jessepaid(m): 6:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Forcefully widowed...
Child will grow up without a father..
iPad and fridge gone...

It's a pity

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Sundrus: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2020
Na wa for this kind country oh. Citizens life just dey meaningless to them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by jagaban002(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2020
They have really damage the country .
They took him without warrant and killed him without being judge at court .
God bless the end SARS protester it’s really bad if this continue

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by javaguru: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2020
That's more like a kidnap case

10 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Okwuazi930(m): 8:43am On Nov 06, 2020
To the person who assumed the judge and killed the man without given him his day in court to prove his innocence,may u and ur cohorts face the same fate in one way or the other,iseeee.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Broken2020: 8:47am On Nov 06, 2020
For real those SARS guys got what they bargained for

25 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by ipobarecriminals: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
shocked Okoi Ikpi is still alive as well as Super Criminal cop(Wetin be his name sef angry) Dey should arrest and tie them behind drum and aim @ their Ballz

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by ipobarecriminals: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
sad Ogun kill Okoi ikpi,Kyari and all blood suckers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by slawormiir: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

When a real niggarr heave a sigh of relief and he is about to light up his weed thinking he has heard and seen enough of the atrocities committed by these sars then boom another shit pops up

jagaban002:
They have really damage the country .
They took him without warrant and killed him without being judge at court .
God bless the end SARS protester it’s really bad if this continue
That of Edo state was worse...sars were something else in Benin city

Good to know i can say to posterity or rather posterity
will know that i was among the endsars protesters
Infact I was at the forefront of the protest at uniben

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
Trump will send navy seals to find him don worry
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Nazgul: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
My God comfort you for your loss.

Imagine telling a woman to her face that you're going to kill her husband, the father of her kids...we Africans are our own problem

16 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Netanya(f): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
SARS is a criminal Force disguised as a Police department

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by LadySarah: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
I hope they will look into the James Nwafor butcher

17 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Golan007: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hope he wasn't an Evans?
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by ignis: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Where are those SARS advocates

4 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Patrickyemi: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ehya
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by NettyNelly(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Numerous atrocious acts from the SARS unit. Awkuzu SARS are dreadful Anambra.

Get a well designed modern logo for your brand. Check my signature for more

11 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by MikeMicheal(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
The useless woman should be arrested for attempting to cause public unrest with her reports.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by tonyson010(m): 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
That's how terrible they were.

4 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by kelechi50: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Man inhumanity to man
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by ATEAMS: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sometimes, carrying on, just carrying on, is the superhuman achievement.

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Ajsmart(m): 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by Owned: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
sad But Why U Never Tell Us Since
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by money121(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ok
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by kingthreat(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sick country where a police force believes they can execute anybody for no damn reason. Where those in law enforcement being paid by tax-payers money feel they are demi-gods. Thank goodness. Justice is coming home

10 Likes

Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by sylve11: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sarz wahala nor dey end....na wa... cool
Re: I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel by imagrg(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sorry madam.

Shop for Christmas at highly discounted prices now at Jumia.
See sigy below and thank me later oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Found Dead In Refuse Dump In Calabar / Lawyers To Lagos Corper Accused Of Stealing Iphone Release Official Statement / Keke Driver Murdered In Kano By Robbers - Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.