Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique (362 Views)

Dominique 123 Is A Scammer!!! Be Warned / Mods- FOD, Puskin, Dominique , Naijacutee- Kindly Take Action / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 06, 2020
Dear Dominique,
I hope this letter meets you well, and not in a state of irritation or anger. Otherwise, kindly put aside reading this letter untill you're in such a pleasant mood, lest I suffer the wrath of a small god that is you.

Unless you were on a banning spree yesterday, and I was just another insect that got trampled in your way, I would like to assume you remember me. If not, I was the one you banned as a result of my "insensitive" comment on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6233309/lady-killed-asaba-hotel-lift.
I feel I should let you know that, although I have come across your name a number of times on this forum, I had no knowledge that you were one of the small gods ( I mean no disrespect with this name, it's the only title befitting those who divinely moderate the affairs of regals and urchins alike) here on this GREAT forum.

Moving on to the purpose of this letter—my ban and it's preceding cause. While I still stand by my opinion that the lady's actions were strange, I must admit that my choice of words were not particularly the best, especially in a forum where, albeit having unique and great members, not all were chanced to have a well grounded background in our lingua Franca, even amongst the gods. Without saying, the comment sparked an outrage from a lot of noble, courageous, wise and empathetic nairalanders that awarded me a couple of names such as "psychopath", "fool" and "sicko", some even said a "prayer" or two.The only way such noble men and women (that might be wrongfully labelled as a mob but are too noble and righteous to be taken for that), could be appeased was by presenting my head on a pike.

Moving on to your ban—the contention of this letter, I do not think it was just. While you have the right to hate or like whomever you will, I do not think your power extends to banning members who state their opinions without breaking any of the rules just because you don't like them ( please don't make the claim that I was spamming, you and I know very well that that is not true).

Your ban, while it handicapped me for a while, awarded me the time to have a perusal at your posts. And I must say, you're not all that "righteous". You have clearly shown disbelief in the massacre that happened at Lekki and even termed some evidences as "doctored". Quite "insensitive" don't you think? In one post of yours, you agreed that the bulk of the youths protesting are "cultists", "criminals" and "drug abusers". There's no need to defend your opinions because in your court it is "indefensible" and also to avoid this thread being "unnecessarily bulky" (your words, not mine). These are quite the insensitive statements and you "goofed" big time—is what I would have said if I kept to your own standards.

Quite frankly, I do not care what you support or not support. I chose those comments because they are unpopular opinions and would not be palatable to a majority of members here. But if the roles were reversed, would it be just for a mod to ban you on the basis of "found to be insensitive"? You strike me as one who wouldn't be in support of the social media bill, and yet you exercise your power at a comment that wasn't even directed at you because it did not sit well with you.

I hold no grudge against you. Infact, I would like to believe you're a good person. For someone to be so committed to marry you, then you must have some good within you. Your concern towards your dogs (I hope they are fine now) shows you have a heart. I would not be too shallow to simply nit-pick one or two actions that would afford me to describe you as a "terrible person". All I want is that you put more logic and reason (as you have claimed you are one of those who do so in your previous posts) and less emotions in to your decisions. Do have a nice day madam Dominique.

Yours "insensitively"
Tadeknkeepcalm

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 06, 2020
To the nairalanders, while you might not agree with me on a number of matters, it is within your "righteous" capacity— that is if you're truly righteous to condemn this unwarranted ban because it is only a matter of time you make an unpopular comment and then suffer the same fate.
To the mods, please do not ban me. This is a harmless letter and my entire existence and being relies on nairaland. I will be extremely sad and suicidal if you do. Please don't be heartless
Re: An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique by PARTYNEXTDOOR: 8:18am On Nov 06, 2020
Came here for the comments
Re: An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique by mariahAngel(f): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2020
You are a good writer.

Tadeknkeepcalm:
To the nairalanders, while you might not agree with me on a number of matters, it is within your "righteous" capacity— that is if you're truly righteous to condemn this unwarranted ban because it is only a matter of time you make an unpopular comment and then suffer the same fate.
To the mods, please do not ban me. This is a harmless letter and my entire existence and being relies on nairaland. I will be extremely sad and suicidal if you do. Please don't be heartless

Do you really mean that? undecided

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Favorite Mod; Dominique by dominique(f): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2020
Did you ever bother checking your profile before spamming my mentions with this needless epistle? You were banned by the bots, a simple private message to the moderators would have saved you the stress of typing, copying and pasting all over the forum. You've been unbanned.

I didn't read all that epistle btw

(1)

CLOSED / UTC Tomatoes / Mercedes Benz Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.