Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,937 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself (2446 Views)

Typical Of Nigeria, Blame The Victims And Not The Perpetrators - Aisha Yesufu / 2019 Budget: Blame Yourself For Delay In Passage – Dogara Tells Buhari / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by byinks(f): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
CamusMidas:

I would speak for myself, if I visit a friend and saw that everything is working almost perfectly in his parent's house compare to what is obtainable in my father house (who also has enough resources), I might not blame my father for my failure but I won't be happy with the way he handled the resources at his disposal.

The fact that I could stand above my mental health and make something out of my life doesn't mean I shouldn't bother about my siblings.

Fela went to the UK and saw the development there and came back home to insult all our leaders.

Individually we can do very little to effect a change on a national level, that's why the government are there.

Mental health is very important, but doesn't form without external factors and the external factors are what Nigerians are blaming their failures on.

I agree with you.
About Nigerians abroad abusing Nigeria....a lot of them are successful, comfortable...but still indulge, why...?

Because they can't get over the fact that Nigeria almost consumed them and their future..simple !
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
byinks:

I agree with you.
About Nigerians abroad abusing Nigeria....a lot of them are successful, comfortable...but still indulge, why...?

Because they can't get over the fact that Nigeria almost consumed them and their future..simple !

Rightly said. Speaking from experience?

1 Like

Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by byinks(f): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2020
CamusMidas:

Rightly said. Speaking from experience?

Not really....lol !
Though I'm a returnee.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
oyatz:

You are making a very grave error.

The greatness of a country is the summation of the greatness of all individuals who live in that country.

We can do many somethings to change our community, State and Nigeria at large.

There's a Town in Osun State called Ilesha.
Several Indigenes of this town built small and large scale industries in the Town such that today it's emerging as the commercial hub of the State despite not being the State Capital.
Out of how many states and communities in Nigeria you mention only one place. How many state in Nigeria could boost of something like that.

Where would you get the capital to start up those industries?

And what's stopping you from championing another commercial hub where you are?
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2020
byinks:

Not really....lol !
Though I'm a returnee.
Welcome to our great nation.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by byinks(f): 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
CamusMidas:

Welcome to our great nation.

Great Abi ?
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2020
byinks:

Great Abi ?
Not a shit hole.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
CamusMidas:

Out of how many states and communities in Nigeria you mention only one place. How many state in Nigeria could boost of something like that.

Where would you get the capital to start up those industries?

And what's stopping you from championing another commercial hub where you are?

If you try to understand what he meant, he meant that the people living in the town built small and large businesses, now it is a commercial hub.

If people can have that mentality of building, unemployment will reduce in many places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by technicallyrich(m): 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Not true.

how can I join bmc.
atleast I heard they pay peanut,but it can help me to buy card.
please reply
I have ideals on to help the bmc crew
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 08, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

If you try to understand what he meant, he meant that the people living in the town built small and large businesses, now it is a commercial hub.

If people can have that mentality of building, unemployment will reduce in many places.
Why don't people have the mentality of building?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2020
oyatz:

A young man and a young lady who were both serving as NYSC Corps members in Yobe State about 20years ago and they saw the very low levels of education in the State.

They decided to stayed back in Damaturu after their service, got married to each other and started a private school in that emerging city- YOBE Scholar.

This school became one of the best schools in Yobe State that Children of Emirs, Senior Civil servants ,Police Officers and the few educated elites sent there kids to this school which revolutionized Primary & Secondary School Education in Yobe State. Many of their Products are doctors, Pharmacists, Teachers, Public Administrators today.

This Couple contributed to the development of Yobe State.

You forgot to mention where they got the money to set up a school good enough for the elites, especially after just finishing NYSC,
Did they have to dig their own bore hole and fix their own electricity? Why didn't they build another for the poor? Sounds like they were children of the elites themselves?

Last I checked Yobe has more poor people than rich?

You and the op are confused,
Nigeria's problem is simple, the same idiots that destroyed Nigeria would NEVER fix it and unfortunately Buhari is an epitome of such idiocy.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2020
oyatz:

You are making a very grave error.

The greatness of a country is the summation of the greatness of all individuals who live in that country.

We can do many somethings to change our community, State and Nigeria at large.

There's a Town in Osun State called Ilesha.
Several Indigenes of this town built small and large scale industries in the Town such that today it's emerging as the commercial hub of the State despite not being the State Capital.
He read my comment again and realise you pick it out of context, I said individually we can do little to effect a change on a NATIONAL LEVEL, and you decide to mention a small community (yes they are doing well) but I hope you are aware that majority of Nigerians don't even know about their exploits.

We are talking about development that should be felt in every corner of the nation and not just some small community.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by oyatz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You forgot to mention where they got the money to set up a school good enough for the elites, especially after just finishing NYSC,
Did they have to dig their own bore hole and fix their own electricity? Why didn't they build another for the poor? Sounds like they were children of the elites themselves?

Nigeria's problem is simple, the same idiots that destroyed Nigeria would NEVER fix it and unfortunately Buhari is an epitome of such idiocy.

The School became a success story OVER TIME.

Most big businesses you see today started small and must have overcomed difficulties before becoming success stories.

It doesn't matter if they started in Japan, S/Africa, India, USA, Afghanistan or Canada. There are problems to be solved before you can become truly successful.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
@op

Nigeria has frustrated a lot of people systematically and it’s evident that the structures in place in Nigeria doesn’t allow ppl grow at their individual natural paces.

When people blame Nigeria, they are blaming the structure, government and elites not the landmass

So to the op, I think your attempt at sounding “patriotic” is hypocritical and very bias. Peace!
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by favor914: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Mental Poverty, is worse than material poverty, I am sorry for you, no wonder you are were you are? Lazy minded Almijiri, be waiting for President Buhari to come & give you the capital for you to start thinking out the box.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by favor914: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
0lumide:
@op

Nigeria has frustrated a lot of people systematically and it’s evident that the structures in place in Nigeria doesn’t allow ppl grow at their individual natural paces.

When people blame Nigeria, they are blaming the structure, government and elites not the landmass

So to the op, I think your attempt at sounding “patriotic” is hypocritical and very bias. Peace!
Same way it is anywhere in the world, only people that have not left Nigeria think society in general makes you prosperous, you work for everything you get, even harder in the West, no structure in any country helps you, we fight for everything. Lebron James still has childhood friends in Akron, Ohio who are unemployed, no high school diploma, & sell crack cocaine for a living, no society is an utopia, what you make of it, is what you make of it.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
Same way it is anywhere in the world, only people that have not left Nigeria think society in general makes you prosperous, you work for everything you get, even harder in the West, no structure in any country helps you, we fight for everything. Lebron James still has childhood friends in Akron, Ohio who are unemployed, no high school diploma, & sell crack cocaine for a living, no society is an utopia, what you make of it, is what you make of it.

You don’t get the point. The structures that makes people prosper from the bottom of the society without having any connection but their natural talent doesn’t exist in Nigeria!!

The structure that made Hakeem Olajuwon prosper in the USA without political or wealth connection is not available in Nigeria!!

You don’t have to go as far as Lebron! Just Nigerians from the lows of Nigeria getting to the highs in other country. That shows you Nigeria is the problem with a lot of destinies!

If those friends of Lebron selling crack decide to clean up and do better, they’ll recover years wasted within a year.

Compare Nigerians who left Nigeria to Nigerians who are here. Academically, the Nigerians abroad are far ahead, they have jobs, they can afford a decent living etc.. bro, forget, Nigerian structure, government and politicians are the problem not the people blaming them.
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
Mental Poverty, is worse than material poverty, I am sorry for you, no wonder you are were you are? Lazy minded Almijiri, be waiting for President Buhari to come & give you the capital for you to start thinking out the box.

That's why you are the poverty capital of the world, black people can't seem to be able to rise up collectively, even when they manage to get into government, all they do it steal and fight for themselves, when a road is bad, the black mind wants to buy a jeep, when there is no electricity, a black mind wants to buy his own generator, always incapable of nation building

Have u not evolved to that level?
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
oyatz:

The School became a success story OVER TIME.

Most big businesses you see today started small and must have overcomed difficulties before becoming success stories.

It doesn't matter if they started in Japan, S/Africa, India, USA, Afghanistan or Canada. There are problems to be solved before you can become truly successful.

Oga you are a dirty liar
Every year, there are budgetary allocations for education, now you are stupidly saying 'don't bother yourself how they stole it dry, go and build your own"

I guess that's how Dubai became great

Mumu Nigerians
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by GamalNasser: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
Cc PrideofLincoln
Re: If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself by oyatz(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Oga you are a dirty liar
Every year, there are budgetary allocations for education, now you are stupidly saying 'don't bother yourself how they stole it dry, go and build your own"

I guess that's how Dubai became great

Mumu Nigerians

Opa Oranmiyan: is there provision for the running of Private Schools in the Budget for Education in your State?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can’t Get You Out Of Prison, Britain Dashes Hope Of Nnamdi Kanu / Captured Live In Warri This Morning... / Nobody Is Voting For Peter Obi because Of His Campaign Lists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.