Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan (346 Views)

Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power / Buhari Will Lose Power In 2019 — Dino Melaye (Throwback Video) / Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan, says it is better to lose power and gain honour.
Jonathan, who made this known in a Facebook post on Friday, recommended this ‘philosophy’ to all leaders facing ‘challenging situations at the polls’.

He wrote, “Nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. It is better to gain honour at the cost of losing power than to gain power at the cost of losing honour.

“At any point in time, the power of love should matter more than the love of power.
“This is my philosophy. I have lived it. It has brought great peace to both my beloved nation and I. And I recommend it to all leaders facing challenging situations, either in government, or at the polls, or even in their dealings with fellow political actors.”

Jonathan, who sought reelection on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in 2015, had conceded defeat to the incumbent Nigerian President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), of the All Progressives Congress.

Although Jonathan was not specific about the world ‘leaders’ he made the recommendation to, his statement was made at a time when the United States is electing a new President to lead the nation for another four years.

The incumbent American President, Donald Trump, and his Democrat challenger Joe Biden are presently slugging it out at the polls but the electoral college votes are tilting in favour of Biden who is some figures shy from the magic number of 270.

The Republican candidate has, however, been alleging fraud in the voting process. Trump has also threatened that the election would end up at the US Supreme Court.

Lalasticlala

https://punchng.com/it-is-better-to-lose-power-and-gain-honour-jonathan/?amp=1&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Arrewa: 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ok
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Golan007: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
Trump is an aberration abeg.
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Righteousness89(m): 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
Anything or anyone that is a Hinderance to your Salvation and Making Heaven, no Matter how important it is, Cut it off!!

If you lose all on Earth! Do not lose your place JESUS Christ
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Freestainworld(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
I salute a real Democrat, you will be remembered more.
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by prince2pac(m): 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thich Nhat Hanh
People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?

Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by IamPlato(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
Goodluck Johnathan you were too soft for a president, you were like a mother than a man.

Under your nose men and women raped Nigeria's wealth to near death

But we would appreciate you any day better than who we have now.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by AlexTelles(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Balderdash!

Had Jega agreed to rig for him, we wouldn't have been hearing this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by RedPhoenix: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
Goodluck Johnathan you were too soft for a president, you were like a mother than a man.

Under your nose men and women raped Nigeria's wealth to near death

But we would appreciate you any day better than who we have now.

Hypocrite. If he exercised the willpower you're blabbing about, you may have been six feet under by now. The same thing and worse are happening under your so-called messiah. The people of other tribes in all spheres of the country were all playing to the gallery

When will you guys be entirely truthful undecided
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by ejighikemeuwa: 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
AlexTelles:
Balderdash!

Had Jega agreed to rig for him, we wouldn't have been hearing this.
what about your imported bandits? The man is a man enough leave him alone
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by IamPlato(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Hypocrite. If he exercised the willpower you're blabbing about, you may have been six feet under by now. The same thing and worse are happening under your so-called messiah. The people of other tribes in all spheres of the country were all playing to the gallery

When will you guys be entirely truthful undecided
And where did I call him Messiah?

Before you reply people wear your brain first.

Now move
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by RedPhoenix: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
And where did I call him Messiah?

Before you reply people wear your brain first.

Now move

Smh. When I told your dad to consider a condom to prevent an lipsrsealed, from cummin into the world, he didn't listen.
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
see who dey talk? so for GEJ mind now he gain honour after losing to Buhari in 2015.....
you saw you were losing and had no support outside to butress your claims of electoral fraud and same trump is losing yet crying foul cos he never imagine such.....
it's good to know wen the chips are down so that you dnt even enter the race to contest in the first place....GEJ would have gain more honour if you had never contested the 2015 election and allow the north complete their two terms!
Re: It Is Better To Lose Power And Gain Honour —jonathan by Golden057(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dear Donald Trump,

I salute your courage in trying to retain your seat as the president. However, it seems hope have been shattered and victory is not in sight for you.
Cheer up brother, I have a good news for you. By the time you vacate the white house, just rest a little and then come down to Nigeria. Join a political party and then contest for 2023.
Americans may not need you but you are highly needed here to sanitize our system, break the wings of the self enthroned gods and goddesses that are bent on destroying our country.
Thank you bro, waiting to receive your arrival at the Enugu Airport.
Fans and AC of Trump.

(1) (Reply)

Why The Electoral Commission Doing Mr.Trump Long Troat / Appointment Of WTO Chief In Doubt After Key Meeting Cancelled / Our Continued Peace Is Sacrosanct, The Solution Lies Within Us - Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.