Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please (40023 Views)

Hilarious Photos Of What A Young Man Does For A Living(Very Funny Photos) / Names Of Online Shopping Sites In Nigeria, Please Kindly Contribute. / The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by noblealuu: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
joinnow:

If serious and have cash hit me up.We take a trip to taraba( Manbila) or Niger state to buy young calf but the best time is march.
I have been to 30 state in Nigeria
. Okay, what's the cost of very healthy calf, transport fare etc...so I would plan in advance.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Asmaraabc: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2018
There is a fulani settlement as boundary to our farm where cashew is inter cropped with cassava. We plan to extend the farm. So, we think of forming partnership with the fulani to buy some calves and keep under their management and at the same time look after our farm and even provide farm manure to our about to acquire new land. Advice is needed if is a good idea and will appreciate if any risk that may likely be involved can be highlighted as well
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by joinnow: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
noblealuu:
. Okay, what's the cost of very healthy calf, transport fare etc...so I would plan in advance.
50k or less transport inclusive
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Immorttal: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2018
joinnow:

50k or less transport inclusive
how many kilo is a regular young calf, would like to buy, dry then transport to the east purposely for feeding my dogs. Finished meat here is very expensive for me. Would appreciate your reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by KingAA: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2019
can u get back to me am interested,here is my email address obasiagbairaymond@mail.com
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by goshe: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Can someone confirm where I can get Calf to buy and at what rate from the North.Provide Contact if you have one.Thanks
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by goodspeed963(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
If you still are interested in calves business first of all you must know that those calves that are being raised for meat can be raised in one of two ways, grain-fed or grass-fed. The “conventional” system is grain-fed in a feedlot. This can be done organically or non-organically.Another step you need to pay attention for shelter and how to arrange the light because they are very capricious.If you will need information about calf shelter I can provide you calf shelter shed, or pm me and we will talk more about this.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by noblealuu: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2019
goodspeed963:
If you still are interested in calves business first of all you must know that those calves that are being raised for meat can be raised in one of two ways, grain-fed or grass-fed. The “conventional” system is grain-fed in a feedlot. This can be done organically or non-organically.Another step you need to pay attention for shelter and how to arrange the light because they are very capricious.If you will need information about calf shelter I can provide you calf shelter shed, or pm me and we will talk more about this.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Homeyfav: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
qopl
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by joeyreports: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Get a Cattle fattening business plan[/url] today and start your own cattle farm today......
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-cattle-farming-business-in-nigeria/
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by ElValiente(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
christistruth01:

How many are female because each female should produce you one Calf a year

That means if you have 10 females you should hope by God's Grace to get 10 Calves a Year which should take 10 months to fatten for market. You can expand it into a herd as long as the land can sustain them.

Cattle business is good and easy to maintain Business.

Sell the surplus males for meat and keep the females for Calf production
With patience you would be able to build a house on the land without doing anything else but raising the Cattle.

Do not give up the Business and make sure you teach your children it is one of the easiest and enjoyable ways to build up investment.

With time learn to use local organic herbs to give them medication for example if you regularly give them water that has dogonyaro leaves or bitter leaf soaked inside they will hardly ever fall ill.

Local Sheep are also easy to manage.

wow thanks bro. Yes I killed one male for Xmas and new year for family. And yes I got 6 male left apart from male calf's. The female are doing well. Yes I'm looking forward to it. My kids are not raised here but any time they are home they love to go there and see. Thats their number 1 in Nigeria as tourism lol. They don't see that everyday. Yes they develop interest. They help me feed them when they are home. I love those cows now I got the guy a tablet so I can video call them. I'm working on adding camel, horse and donkey. Love those animals. Thanks brother. Yes I'll try the local herb. The fulani man mentioned the dongoyaro I was scared. I'll try it.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Echoban: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
ElValiente:
wow thanks bro. Yes I killed one male for Xmas and new year for family. And yes I got 6 male left apart from male calf's. The female are doing well. Yes I'm looking forward to it. My kids are not raised here but any time they are home they love to go there and see. Thats their number 1 in Nigeria as tourism lol. They don't see that everyday. Yes they develop interest. They help me feed them when they are home. I love those cows now I got the guy a tablet so I can video call them. I'm working on adding camel, horse and donkey. Love those animals. Thanks brother. Yes I'll try the local herb. The fulani man mentioned the dongoyaro I was scared. I'll try it.

Good noon. How is ur cattle business?? I'm planning to venture into it asap. I got 10 plot for it...is it that profitable??

1 Like

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by ElValiente(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Echoban:

Good noon. How is ur cattle business?? I'm planning to venture into it asap. I got 10 plot for it...is it that profitable??

Congrats and yes. But country economy is hard. I sold them all when my fulani friend that is watching them was leaving. I relocated.

1 Like

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Ajanga: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2023
Afternoon everyone,can someone please enlighten me how to srarte cattle business in small scale and large one thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Didnt Know About Pablo Escobar. The Greatest Businessman Of Alltime / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.