Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria (296 Views)

"I Accept The Decision": Yahaya Bello Congratulates Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan / Making Ateke Tom King Has Brought Peace To Okrika – Governor Nyesom Wike / Opinion: Was Jonathan The Most Attacked Nigerian President When He Was In Power? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Musicprong: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ex President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed tha the Decision he Took Brought Peace and Love To Nigeria.

Goodluck Jonathan disclosed that his philosophy of opting to leave power to gain honour had brought peace to Nigeria and himself.

The Ex president disclosed this in a post on his Facebook page, on Friday.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had defeated Jonathan during the 2015 presidential election.

Despite being the incumbent president at the time, Jonathan had conceded power to Buhari, stressing that nobody’s presidential election was worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Goodluck Jonathan has urged leaders facing election challenges to adopt his philosophy.

According to him, leaders should always embrace peace ahead of power.

He wrote: “Nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. It is better to gain honour at the cost of losing power than to gain power at the cost of losing honour.

“At any point in time, the power of love should matter more than the love of power.

“This is my philosophy. I have lived it. It has brought great peace to both my beloved nation and I. And I recommend it to all leaders facing challenging situations, either in government, or at the polls, or even in their dealings with fellow political actors.”

READ MORE:https://fastnewsng.com/goodluck-jonathan-the-decision-i-took-brought-peace/

Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Xscape1993(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
God bless you & your entire households sir. You are indeed a leader not a ruler like others.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Freestainworld(m): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
you did well sir but this regime is still not allowing us to enjoy the love you preached.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by chamboy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sorry sir, we have high rate of hatred now.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
I disagree with you on that one! Where is the peace

The bloodshed you tried to avoid was still shed

You stepping down only made us to realize that you are better than Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Easternmind(m): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
Well said sir...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Rugaria: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
Delusional statement! Very naive Jonathan... You handed us all over to one irredeemably polarising disaster of a president who has gone on to run one of the most murderous regimes in the countrys history and you're there talking about "peace and love"? Peace and love to Agatu people? Peace and love to Lekki protesters? Peace and love to Obigbo? Southern Kaduna?? Plateu?? Aba?? Enugu?? Nkpor? Onitsha?? Benue?? Thousands of totally avoidable deaths.. They harrassed and harangued you out of power, otherwise there were enough legal loopholes that could have been used to stop this man; no certificate, DSS disqualification for violent threats or for looting at PTF or for extra judicial murders during his junta days. But no! You were determined to be seen as Mr Peaceful.. Today everybody in this country is apprehensive, living in fear of the catastrophe that is in the offing as 2023 approaches. What is the sense then behind the saying that your "candidacy was not worth the blood of anybody", if the man you handed over to out of fear, drinks blood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by Kingnutts(m): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
I disagree with you on that one! Where is the peace

The bloodshed you tried to avoid was still shed

You stepping down only made us to realize that you are better than Buhari!!!

this comment shows you are worse than buhari
Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by 4four(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Where is the peace and love?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan - The Decision I Took Brought Peace And Love To Nigeria by JAMO84: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2020
The Otueke drunken master is feeling like Mandela. What else could you have done after we sacked your sorry ass? Refusing to leave would have made your life miserable. You would have spent the rest of your life explaining why you were so stupid, just as Babangida have been explaining June twelve for 27 years without success.

I AM DONE TALKING

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Gunmen Abduct Former Lawmaker's Wife In Cross River / Zamfara Gold Mining Ressurected Clamour For Resource Control By Oil-pro... State / Uzodinma Demolishes Hospital Built By Predecessor, Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.