Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School (22732 Views)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / Queen’s College Student Who Fixed Fake Eyelashes To School To Face Panel / Queen's College Student Fixed Eyelashes "For School Play" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by boom99(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2020
I hate lies
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by SAMBARRY: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2020
SMBH:

Even if we all contract covid, it wouldn't affect us as it has affected the us
o really?

The people that have been hospitalised NKo? lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by tutudesz: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2020
LORDKing001:

For the bus run. No sch adhere to it. 4-5 per seat
Yeah!! I still see crowded school bus with kids not wearing facemask too
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by tutudesz: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2020
Tbasicme:

It's the second wave of the virus. May God help us all
Some countries second wave is very serious

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by tutudesz: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2020
johhhnn:

lmao these guidelines cant work in nigeria you and i know that
But at least we should be observing 40% of the guidelines
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by Brunicekid(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
Let's lockdown Lagos for another 1 month.

The 'peaceful' protesters actually wanted this to happen
No...It won't walk...We don't want that.
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by SMBH: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2020
SAMBARRY:
o really?

The people that have been hospitalised NKo? lipsrsealed

How many people do you know that have been hospitalized? I'm not saying covid is not real but it is a fact that we are somehow resistant to the virus. How many people follow the covid19 protocol? I haven't worn my mask in months and I feel healthy.
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by SAMBARRY: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2020
SMBH:

How many people do you know that have been hospitalized? I'm not saying covid is not real but it is a fact that we are somehow resistant to the virus. How many people follow the covid19 protocol? I haven't worn my mask in months and I feel healthy.
it's not about what you feel

A lot of people feel healthy without discomfort or pain and collapse without even having an idea that they're sick without knowing simply because of how they feel hence doctors recommend REGULAR CHECK UP
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by crazygod(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
mmsen:

It isn't like 'the common cold' that is an ignorant statement.
I said 'its like' the common cold meaning it has certain similarities in mode of transmission, type of virus and some symptoms in severe flu except the running nose. When the first flu came out, I am sure a lot panicked and even died but over time drugs to control it came out. Our body even adapted that's why some people don't use anything for the flu. It runs its course. Same way, our body defense system will also adapt to covid 19. If there is no vaccine for the common cold, I doubt there may be for covid19.
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by crazygod(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
papyskinsy:

This coming from a graduate... SMH
While you are shaking your head, learn to be open to other people's opinion.
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by abidem4real: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
References:

https://twitter.com/LSMOH/status/1324800754117468165?s=19

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT MINISTRY OF HEALTH PRESS STATEMENT LAGOS CONFIRMS COVID-19 INFECTION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL

...As Govt. Reemphasizes Need to Obey Prevention Protocols

Lagos State Government has confirmed positive COVID-19 cases in a secondary boarding school on the mainland.

A member of the school's staff was confirmed positive for COVID-19 on the 2' of November. Contact tracing has revealed that a student and four contacts of the staff member are positive for COVID-19.

The staff member fell ill for a few days and received first aid at the school clinic. She subsequently tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday 2nd of November at the Lagos State Biobank.

The Lagos State COVID-19 Incident Command System through the Emergency Operation Center is investigating the incident, and we would like to assure members of the public and stakeholders of the school that the situation is completely under control.

Steps are being taken to contain the spread within the school and reduce exposure to the outside community. All parents are being contacted first through the PTA and a family zoom call is being arranged to further allay their fears.

It is important to note that COVID-19 presents with very mild symptoms in children and teenagers, compared to other age groups. However, there is the risk of infected children transmitting the disease to adults who they interact with daily, and who may be at higher risk of severe disease and death.

The school authorities, supported by Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMOH), Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Ministry of Education, are following the COVID-19 guidelines as set out by the government. Students who test positive are to be isolated in the school premises and, if unwell, will be admitted in one of the accredited isolation centers in Lagos. Students are discouraged from going home to avoid infecting members of their families.

The Ministry of Health and NCDC are working closely with the Ministry of Education through a joint approach to manage the outbreak in this school. Most of the infected persons are predominantly asymptomatic while some have mild symptoms.

Members of the Emergency Operation Center Lagos, NCDC and our counterparts in the Ministry of Education have been deployed in the school to provide strategic interventions and support. These include psychosocial support, infection prevention control, medical monitoring and risk communication experts to further enlighten affected people.

COVID-19 is still very much with us and we must strive to prioritize the safety of all, including students and teachers, by adhering strictly to prevention protocols and guidelines issued by the government to prevent its spread.
Lagosians should observe and practise highest standards of personal and environmental hygiene. Using face masks in public places, hand washing and hands hygiene practice, and maintaining physical distancing will help prevent the spread of the infection.

Citizens should call the 08000EKOMED or 08000356633 toll free line, if they notice any sign or symptoms of COVID19, which include fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or loss of taste or smell.

Signed
Prof. Akin Abayomi Honourable Commissioner for Health 6t1 November, 2020

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/06/exclusive-covid-19-hits-queen%E2%80%99s-college-lagos-pupils-test-positive-health-officials
These people have started again. I know there is bound to be one Covid19 story or the other after the #Endsars saga
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by Ustec: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2020
inoki247:
Just say we ar going to another Lockdown and also look for a way to justify the Palliative you guys kept from the masses....
You don sabi their format cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School by Parrot69: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
gaetano:
At this rate, Ramotu will not give me otu again this weekend sad
You see your life embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors / I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / Is Sociology A Nice Course To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.