Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job (379 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:09am On Nov 07, 2020
Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved a 12-year-old marriage between Itunun Osin and estranged husband, Kehinde over his refusal to get a job and cater for his children.

In a petition, Osin, a hairdresser prayed the court for a divorce on grounds that Kehinde was a lazy and irresponsible husband.

Delivering judgment, Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court held that the marriage between Osin and Kehinde was dissolved because they failed they give peace a chance.

Odunade awarded custody of the two children to Osin and ordered Kehinde to pay N10,000 as monthly allowance.

The arbitrator also ordered Kehinde to pay N20,000 as compensation for damaging Osin’s phone.

Earlier in the petition, Osin alleged that Kehinde was lazy. ”He refused to get a job. I got him a loan from a micro-finance bank to start a business but he squandered the money and refused to help me pay the debt.

“My lord, Kehinde beats me. He maliciously destroyed the new expensive mobile phone I bought before I abandoned his home in November 2019,” Itunun said.

The respondent consented to the suit and gave reasons for his actions. Kehinde, a commercial motorcyclist, however, argued that his wife was a bad example of a woman.

”She is adulterous. I destroyed her mobile phone because she calls her lovers in my presence,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/court-dissolves-marriage-over-husbands-refusal-to-get-a-job/
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by matrix199(m): 6:13am On Nov 07, 2020
How then has he been catering for his family?!

The dissolution is rightful.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by EvilChildOfDom: 6:14am On Nov 07, 2020
W
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by Luckydubby7(m): 6:16am On Nov 07, 2020
HenryThegreat1:
Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved a 12-year-old marriage between Itunun Osin and estranged husband, Kehinde over his refusal to get a job and cater for his children.

In a petition, Osin, a hairdresser prayed the court for a divorce on grounds that Kehinde was a lazy and irresponsible husband.

Delivering judgment, Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court held that the marriage between Osin and Kehinde was dissolved because they failed they give peace a chance.

Odunade awarded custody of the two children to Osin and ordered Kehinde to pay N10,000 as monthly allowance.

The arbitrator also ordered Kehinde to pay N20,000 as compensation for damaging Osin’s phone.

Earlier in the petition, Osin alleged that Kehinde was lazy. ”He refused to get a job. I got him a loan from a micro-finance bank to start a business but he squandered the money and refused to help me pay the debt.

“My lord, Kehinde beats me. He maliciously destroyed the new expensive mobile phone I bought before I abandoned his home in November 2019,” Itunun said.

The respondent consented to the suit and gave reasons for his actions. Kehinde, a commercial motorcyclist, however, argued that his wife was a bad example of a woman.

”She is adulterous. I destroyed her mobile phone because she calls her lovers in my presence,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/court-dissolves-marriage-over-husbands-refusal-to-get-a-job/

A commercial motorcyclist, yet you said he don't have a job?
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by JudasNaCarrot: 6:28am On Nov 07, 2020
Marriage already programmed to fail from the beginning.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by thesicilian: 6:53am On Nov 07, 2020
He's lazy and she's adulterous. Divorce is the best way to go.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 07, 2020
They've been separated since 11/2019.

She has tried, attempting to help him start a business,
and likely providing for the kids by herself.

No woman should put up with a lazy, violent man.

May they find their peace elsewhere.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Refusal To Get A Job by pozehnani(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2020
He refused to get a job or he couldn't get a job?? If it the former, then... (Im lost ofwhat to say) but if its the latter, then the court was wrong in dissolving the marriage as anything can happen in no distant time. The wife too should be supportive. In fact, on no account (except on adultry grounds) should they be divorced. At least, the women saw him before jumping into marriage with him. He's now a part of her. Let her carry him like her baby. Or is marriage no longer for better for worse?

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend Me A Good Generator / No Topic / Quality Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.