Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For (230 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For by merrijosh(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders.

I will put this together as good as I could because I am very poor at narration.

So there is this apartment I got around addo road, Ajah. It is a shared apartment with about 8 occupants.
The main gist is this, there is this guy that got the house from the landlord to manage it for two years or so with the intent of bringing in tenants. I don't know the clause on their contract but the landlord came this morning with a threat to lock the house up anytime soon because the man he was in contract with defaulted in his payment. Neither the main landlord nor we the tenants know where this man lives. He has refused to answer his calls. We all have our prove of payment that makes us bonafide occupants.
Note: This is just my second month in the house.

Lawyers in the house please do we have any legal standing against the landlord? Because I feel we don't have any business with him.
Re: My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For by yomi007k(m): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2020
You guys paid to the man that sublet the apartment to you and he refused to pay the landlord. It appears you were scammed.

Since you guys have evidence of payment, report to the bank and police.

You either have to pay the landlord or vacate the building.

The landlord is not your problem but yourself and the man that you paid to.
Re: My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For by moneyshop: 9:34am On Nov 07, 2020
Landlord don dey scam people too?

Las Las naija don gas pata pata
Re: My Landlord Has Decided To Lock Up An Apartment I Paid For by merrijosh(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2020
Thanks for your contribution.

@yomi007k

(1) (Reply)

Very Decent 3bedroom Flat At Sango In Ogun,300k Total Package. / Unveiled: Luxury 4 Bedroom Terraced Duplex, Tastefully Finished. / Luxury 3 Bedroom Apartment With BQ & Swimming Pool, Lekki Phase 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.