Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,690,889 members, 6,339,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 09:02 AM

An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians (177 Views)

Are Secular Hairstyles Good For Christians? / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Important Prayer You Need To Pray Very Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians by RepoMan007: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2020
Some times back as I studied the word of God a pattern caught my attention in most of Paul's epistle to the various churches. It is a pattern of always praying for others.

Every time he wrote an epistle to a church, he always asked the saints to pray for either him or the church leadership and talked about how he always prayed for them.
This clearly isn't the natural instinct of the ordinary man who is wired to want to pray to God for his own needs because he feels he sees and knows them better.

Let's go through some of these scriptures to see just what I am saying.

Romans
In Romans 1:9 ...without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayer... and in Romans 15:30 it says ....Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Corinthians 1 & 2
In 1 Corinthians 1:4 he stresses his prayers for them where it says ...I thank my God always on your behalf...
and in 2 Corinthians 1:11 a request for their prayer outwards and towards the leadership of the church is evident where is says ...ye also helping together by prayer for us...

Ephesians
Ephesians 1:16 says Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers

Philippians
Here in Philippians 1:9 he talks about his prayers for them And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment
and then in Verse 19 it says For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the spirit of Jesus Christ

Colossians
In Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
then Colossians 4:3 completes the pattern by saying Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds

Thessalonians
1 Thessalonians 1:2 says We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers and in 5:25 it says Brethren, pray for us.
2 Thessalonians 1:11 says wherefore also we pray always for you. and in 3:1 the pattern is completed again where it says FINALLY, Brethren pray for us...

Timothy
1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men
2 Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day

Philemon
Philemon 1:4 says ...making mention of you always in my prayers and in verse 22 it says ...for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.

2 Likes

Re: An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians by RepoMan007: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2020
In the book of Job, Job was restored after praying for his friends or others. That further reinforces the pattern. The pray for one another pattern!
Re: An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians by RepoMan007: 9:59am On Jan 03
James too said same.
"pray ye one for another"
Re: An Important Prayer Pattern For Christians by RepoMan007: 1:58pm On Jun 11
Hello there.

(1) (Reply)

See How Apostle Joshua Selman Prophecy Made Nathaniel Bassey Cry / The Reason People Change The Word Of God / The Preā€¢tribulation Rapture Doctrine Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.