Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Covid-19 : Six-year-old Pupil Rejects Birthday Celebration Offer As Protest For - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Covid-19 : Six-year-old Pupil Rejects Birthday Celebration Offer As Protest For (208 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Babe Rejects Birthday Gift For Sending A Wrong Gift. / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 : Six-year-old Pupil Rejects Birthday Celebration Offer As Protest For by Feminews(m): 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
Covid-19 : Six-year-old Pupil Rejects Birthday Celebration Offer as Protest for closed schools

Tired of staying at home due the Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world , a Kaduna based six-year-old pupil has declined to the offer by her parents to celebrate her birthday with family and friends .

According to her ,though the Bible thought her to count her days, she refused the offer to celebrate the birthday.

In a chat with journalists on her birthday , Love Tobi Thomas, a pupil of Kingdom Heritage Model School,Kaduna said there is no basis to celebrate, when the schools are closed and her classmates in school as well as birthday mates across Nigeria and world over have been at home for over six months.

I used to celebrate my birthday with my classmates and friends in school ,but because of Coronavirus I couldn't , so ,when my Dad and Mum told me they were preparing for the birthday , I refused the offer to celebrate as a protest for government across the world to reopen schools.

" Instead of celebrating my birthday , I am using the special and significant day to commemorate with victims of Covid-19 in Nigeria and other parts of the world . I pray God heals the world of the pandemic .

"I am appealing to government at all levels to consider the plights of children ,their education and future and reopen schools with all the necessary measures put in place to protect everyone against the coronavirus "

In an interview with her father ,Mr. Tobi Thomas , who called on the federal and state government to heed to the daughter's appeal for schools to reopen immediately ,said the children will be losing their psychological balance for learning with extensive holiday due to coronavirus .

"We were surprised when we offered to celebrate her birthday and she rejected the offer on grounds that she is not in school to celebrate with her friends as it is the tradition." He stated

For the mother ,Mrs Mary Tobi Thomas , every September 28 is " Big Day" for her daughter ,who enjoys the special day with her classmates and friends in school .

In separate interviews ,the father and mother said with all covid-19 protocols and protective measures put in place , the children can return to schools .

(1) (Reply)

Sumac Firman Generator / In Need Of A Sewing Machine Head / I Killed Her And I Don't Feel Guilty (fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.