Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos (612 Views)

#Endsars Protester Kamsi Ibeh Stabbed Like A Thief ‘for Appearing Before Panel’ / Police Arrest #EndSARS Protester "Wearing Charms" At Lagos Lekki Tollgate / NANS Denies Asking IGP To Arrest EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by adenigga(m): 12:56am On Nov 08, 2020
The Lagos State police command has arrested an #EndSARS protester, Eromosele Adenle, for undisclosed reasons.

Adenle revealed his arrest in a series of tweets before he was taken away by policemen attached to the Area F Command, Ikeja.

He tweeted photos of a white Hilux van and men suspected to be policemen alighting from the vehicle.

The protester tweeted, “I cannot record because I do not have a phone. The Federal Government of Nigeria is about to ‘arrest’ me for exercising my human rights! Their guns are out and they have broken my gates and are in my house!”

Adenle was said to have been taken away on Saturday morning and had yet to be released as of 10pm.

When contacted on the telephone, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said he was unaware of the matter and promised to find out on Sunday.

“I am not aware of the matter but I can find out tomorrow,” he said.

The government has in the last two weeks clamped down on several persons who played a prominent role in the #EndSARS protests which sought to end police brutality.

The Central Bank of Nigeria had frozen the accounts of 20 #EndSARS champions while another promoter of the movement, Modupe Odele, was prevented from travelling last week and had her passport seized by the Nigeria Immigration Service.

Source:
https://m.punchng.com/News/Police-arrest-#EndSARS-protester-in-Lagos

1 Share

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by Emary(f): 1:03am On Nov 08, 2020
It has gotten to this now. We won't relent in our struggle for justice. #EndSARS

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by kb83(m): 1:12am On Nov 08, 2020
This bad government, all they do is arrest innocent citizens, while criminals roam the street free, They are fond of chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by DesignYourLogo: 1:16am On Nov 08, 2020
Hnnm
Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by Macphenson: 1:56am On Nov 08, 2020
Interesting
Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by TossTos: 2:05am On Nov 08, 2020
We speak against this same brutality They said they've heard and working on it , is this how to work on it ?
A whole ppro said he knows nothing until the following day , okay .
Keeping close tap on it
Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 08, 2020
Exercising right my foot, every one of them that incite people to destroy Lagos should be arrested and jailed....... We are waiting for burna boy to arrive and proof Tinubu did it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by simple250: 4:31am On Nov 08, 2020
SuperBold:
Exercising right my foot, every one of them that incite people to destroy Lagos should be arrested and jailed....... We are waiting for burna boy to arrive and proof Tinubu did it

Destroy lagos u say , so peaceful protesters that where shot at during the protest is a good idea right . Your children go ask u

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by helinues: 4:33am On Nov 08, 2020
They should help us to keep them till Dec.

We are waiting for more arrest before Monday morning.

No room for anarchy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by loopman: 4:48am On Nov 08, 2020
Let him go and protest in his state of origin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by stonemasonn: 5:21am On Nov 08, 2020
helinues:

No room for anarchy
I dare them to go to Isale eko and arrest the Kunle poly guy and his gang.
Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 08, 2020
stonemasonn:
I dare them to go to Isale eko and arrest the Kunle poly guy and his gang.
You will just open mouth...... undecided go arrest am now..... And your state is one of the poorest in the South o but na kunle poly of Lagos be ur problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by stonemasonn: 5:40am On Nov 08, 2020
SuperBold:

You will just open mouth...... undecided go arrest am now..... And your state is one of the poorest in the South o but na kunle poly of Lagos be ur problem
I dare the police. Now stfu
Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by 175(m): 5:56am On Nov 08, 2020
helinues:

No room for anarchy

U get sense at all?

Is it the responsibility of peaceful protesters to provide security for themselves?

Tell the government to do their job!

Like you said, no room for anarchy!

This lion you're taming shall consume you someday. . .if not today!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2020
SuperBold:

you dey mind the mumu

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest #endsars Protester In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2020
We shall be showing Biden all this abuses,thinking that he would accept such things would be a wrong calculation by this government.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Fingers Accountant General Of The Federation In Multi-billion Naira Assets / BREAKING! Segun Odubela, Lagos Lawyer And Former Ogun Commissioner Dies Of Covid / Yahaya Bello's UK Award: Nigerians Blast Dino Melaye Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.