Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Does God Really Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? (2908 Views)

Does God Really Exist / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2020
For your edification, Dtruthspeaker - there are many types of evidence. However, ALL evidence is accepted or rejected based on its' appropriate level. Guess which of the following your halfwit assertions ticked:

HIGH: High confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research is very unlikely to change our confidence in the estimate of effect.

MEDIUM: Moderate confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research may change our confidence in the estimate of effect, and may change the estimate.

LOW: Low confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research is very likely to change our confidence in the estimate of effect, and likely to change the estimate.

INSUFFICIENT: Evidence is either unavailable, or does not permit a conclusion.

Allow me to clue you in: there is absolutely nothing you have written here that has risen above the INSUFFICIENT category. You can prove me wrong though, by presenting proper EVIDENCE for your numerous claims.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by johnhood(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nuttella:
Anyone still asking if God exist in this end time with all the things happening is really lost and I feel for them.
And you are not?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by johnhood(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The understanding for them is that they are born into a world where God had already said that "He would no longer be interfering much in the affairs of this world and that the spirit of Wickedness and Darknesss would hold reign and sway".

So, the only they know is darkness since they were born into great darkness and therefore like cockroaches, they are accustomed to darkness.

And when you shine your light, like cockroaches, many must complain and grumble that you should take away "The light".

Nice write up. So because we don't believe in the existence of God so that liken us to roaches?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by johnhood(m): 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Image123:

The human being is a tripartite being unlike other animals and living things. It's not necessarily what makes us greater but it makes us in the image of God, triune. Every human being is made up of spirit, soul and body.
Like three circles or like in geography, the earth has an inner core/circle in the deepest part, then the outer core before coming to the earth surface that we all see. In similar vein, the spirit of man is the innermost, followed by the soul. The body is the outside physically seen part. The body is more prevalent in the physical realm and i guess you are already at a disadvantage asking for purely physical objective proofs of another realm. Let's see what can be done though not promising much. So far so bad, what part is confusing in the explanation?

Hmm. Interestingly enough some sects in your religion teaches that soul and spirit is the same.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by johnhood(m): 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Another tedious list of subjective unevidenced assertions, littered with random capital letters, pretty ironic as well, under the circumstances

Is your name, by any chance, Donald Trump lol?

You have offered no evidence, none, nada, zilch, so there's nothing to contend with. Though if you truly believe the nonsense you've posted on this thread is anything but pitiful naked assertions and vapid ad hominem, then I feel embarrassed for you.

You've truly outdone yourself here lmao. Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse.

Do tell us Dtruthspeaker, how is asking you to provide evidence for your endless subjective assertions, distracting from them? Again, this is a pretty ironic claim, given that's your third paragraph that has nothing to do with the topic, and just lists more unevidenced assertions and puerile ad hominem. I also didn't make any argument, I only asked you to evidence your claims. So your hysterical ad hominem speaks for itself lol.

Have I made any claims here? (Looking from left to right) I don't think so. The claims have all been yours, and that imbecillic red herring of a post is fooling no reasonable individual here. If it wasn't before, it's much clearer now that you have NO EVIDENCE to present for your beliefs in archaic superstitions.

Seriously man, seek help. Quite frankly, and I don't mean this to be an ad hominem, your posts often make you come accross as dim-witted, or like an illiterate. I don't claim to be an expert in epistemology but good grief, you have never attempted to offer proper evidence for your beliefs in these kind of discussions. The random capital letters are hilarious and embarrassing in equal measure.

Can you offer any compelling evidence for your deity at all? I can't dumb it down any more than that unfortunately.

It will be lovely to know a female atheist. An African one at that. Not just African also Nigerian. So do you mind?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
johnhood:

Nice write up. So because we don't believe in the existence of God so that liken us to roaches?

No sir, not your disbelief, it is rather those who see that which is True, even if temporarily, yet they elect to see that which they have always seen and are accustomed to seeing.

They are right in what they see, this is True, but we have seen them see that which is also True but not prevailent and yet they return to that which they commonly see, and then they expect to have a different result other than the common result.

A typical case of a person doing the same thing and yet expecting a different result each time.

It is from this view I speak!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
God is the Totality of Existence. It is human ignorance that makes human handpick one of the fragments of existence and call it God. For example, Christians pick a microscopic Jehovah, Muslims pick a microscopic Allah, Zoroastrians pick a microscopic Ahura Mazda, etc and call them God Almighty. Currently many unrepentant religious gods including Jehovah and Allah are held captive in a spiritual cage where the gods of science have captured them in.
Existence is the quality of being real or having characteristics.
It is impossible for NOTHING to exist.
But ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Therefore, you shouldn't assume there are limits to which ANYTHING can be.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
| | | | |
Can Dtruthspeaker offer no objective evidence for this claim?? Tsk, tsk, tsk

You're just trying to reverse the burden of proof - a dishonest debating tactic you keep employing whenever you're out-thought and outgunned.

Your obfuscation of the meaning of "evidence" is only a way for you to run away, as you always do, from your claims like a whipped pussy lol. No rational person here is fooled by your trolling evasion. Though they may find your random capital letters, and remedial grammar a bit baffling.

Thank you for Running Back to your Seat, it is appreciated That You Yourself Know That You Know Too Little About Evidence and that you are Truly Not Worthy To Pronounce on it.

That Same Lack of Knowledge, still Swallows You Up Here, For you still do not know whether I have pleaded Evidence or Not!

So please take your seat and let the True Judges of Evidence Speak About Evidence, while you listen with your legs crossed!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

What is spirit? Can you give objective proof of this thing called spirit?
Both "practising religion" and 'questioning religion' are exercises in futility.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank you for Running Back to your Seat, it is appreciated That You Yourself Know That You Know Too Little About Evidence and that you are Truly Not Worthy To Pronounce on it.

That Same Lack of Knowledge, still Swallows You Up Here, For you still do not know whether I have pleaded Evidence or Not!

So please take your seat and let the True Judges of Evidence Speak About Evidence, while you listen with your legs crossed!

What evidence does your existence require except your unnecessary posts?
If you don't post on Nairaland,then you don't exist on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Tamaratonye5:
I am happy for others here to make their minds up if my posts suggest your childish gibberish has any validity, in the meantime, research evidence within the dictionary and explain how your quoted claim about spirits, is evidenced within the infantile and irrelevant rhetoric you attached.

Death may be a natural phenomena, nothing we understand about it evidences spirits. It’s also now clear you don’t know what objective means.

Well, at least Anty Tamara knows English (the written word). The actual fact that I'm articulate could be a step towards my credibility…

As for you, capitals here and there - a mishmash of non-sense… rotflmao - I'm pretty confident, that is, I'm 500 percent confident that I incorporate a better grip of what empirical and demonstrable evidence is - the varied levels required for convincing (determined by the claim itself), etc. Hell, I’m pretty sure my dog incorporates a better grip of what constitutes evidence than your posts suggest you have.

…and that poor fucking dog has been dead for 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:
For your edification, Dtruthspeaker - there are many types of evidence. However, ALL evidence is accepted or rejected based on its' appropriate level. Guess which of the following your halfwit assertions ticked:

HIGH: High confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research is very unlikely to change our confidence in the estimate of effect.

MEDIUM: Moderate confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research may change our confidence in the estimate of effect, and may change the estimate.

LOW: Low confidence that the evidence reflects the true effect. Further research is very likely to change our confidence in the estimate of effect, and likely to change the estimate.

INSUFFICIENT: Evidence is either unavailable, or does not permit a conclusion.

Allow me to clue you in: there is absolutely nothing you have written here that has risen above the INSUFFICIENT category. You can prove me wrong though, by presenting proper EVIDENCE for your numerous claims.

grin grin hahaha grin grin whoooo! grin
When I was warning did your stony heart hear? When I counseled you did your soul listen?

Now after making a Full Mockery of yourself with All your Verbosity and Self Importance, Grand Standings and Posturings, Inflammatory Statements and Uninformed Judgments you still went on to do what I had respectfully counseled that you ought to do at the first?

Your case is res-judicata!

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

You're just trying to reverse the burden of proof - ....

See, Another Classic Example of the Proof of spirit as Tamaratonye has unknowingly supplied, is "Burden of Proof".

Every soul knows it, uses it, yet no one has ever seen it! grin.

Why?

You guessed right, because it is a spirit! grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
grin grin hahaha grin grin whoooo! grin
When I was warning did your stony heart hear? When I counseled you did your soul listen?
Oh dear, I fear you may not understand the significance of my post. Though by now its' predictable. You appear to have missed the based on it's appropriate level bit.

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
Anti-spambot is confusing him/her/itself today. Smh
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Oh dear, I fear you may not understand the significance of my post. Though by now its' predictable. You appear to have missed the based on it's appropriate level bit.

Based on Google your Carl Sagan, like you, he too knew Nothing About Evidence!

And like you, he was only exercising his rights to exercise his mouth.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Another Proof of spirit is as we say "eyes like Fire" or "Fire in his eyes" or "your eye don red" or "her eye don tear"!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2020
HellVictorinho:

What evidence does your existence require except your unnecessary posts?
If you don't post on Nairaland,then you don't exist on Nairaland.

At the highlighted

You are Wrong!

The Proof that a person is in Nairaland is "the Presence of his Moniker in Nairaland, Not the fact of his posting".

For many exist in Nairaland, and yet they Post Not a Jot".
cool
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

At the highlighted

You are Wrong!

The Proof that a person is in Nairaland is "the Presence of his Moniker in Nairaland, Not the fact of his posting".

For many exist in Nairaland, and yet they Post Not a Jot".
cool
How did you know that they don't post a jot?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2020
HellVictorinho:

How did you know that they don't post a jot?

grin there was a lady in romance section who cried out just last week or thereabouts, that she has been a member of Nairaland since 2014 or 2016 or thereabouts, and she has not had any follower.

And someone pointed out the fact that she does not make any post, to which she concurred and said she just preferred reading comments only.

And I have seen several others say the same thing!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2020
Yes, Another one is when we say "yay embarassed, I don fall for e trap oooh?".
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Another Proof of spirit is when we say "guy, I don hook oh, dis babe don hook me"! grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by DeusXmachina: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The objective proof is
1) when doctors say "he's gone" or "stay with us" or "he's back with us" and everyone who has been around dead or dying people know this is True!

2). when dead, "our departed".. then when a baby is born "we say our child has arrived" or "Edon come oh"

Who is departing and who is arriving? Answer the spirit of a man

But shall Reed ever Agree to Universal Natural Truths? Never, Nothing proving the Truth of God shall stand in his eyes, True or Not!
Hmm..
You give an interesting perspective, but have you controlled for language?
This may be just a feature and abstraction of the English language, is this consistent across different languages?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin there was a lady in romance section who cried out just last week or thereabouts, that she has been a member of Nairaland since 2014 or 2016 or thereabouts, and she has not had any follower.

And someone pointed out the fact that she does not make any post, to which she concurred and said she just preferred reading comments only.

And I have seen several others say the same thing!
They said??
I think they posted..
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
DeusXmachina:

Hmm..
You give an interesting perspective, but have you controlled for language?
This may be just a feature and abstraction of the English language, is this consistent across different languages?

Generally language is a natural occurrence like the spirit and we labour under them or in them, by our natural acts and processes.

Thus, since we are greatly in the business of studying our environment and the things that are in it which directly and indirectly affect our living here, on the earth, Since these things are also Seen in Nature and Experienced, they must be described by one form of language or the other.

And these phenomenons are universal, permeating through all the peoples of the world, in whatever language that exists where people are co-exist!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
HellVictorinho:
They said??
I think they posted..

When you post, you say, for submission of your post is the Proof of your speaking, which is why we can rightfully say LortReed said or Tamaratonye said or Dtruthspeaker said!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Another Proof of spirit is when we say "that babe dey h.orny or body dey do me somehow, or I just "code" say she wan gbensh" grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Image123(m): 12:44am On Nov 12, 2020
cry cry this anti-spam bot just takes the wind off sails. The mods should do something about being banned for i don't know what exactly. Maybe this post will be banned again. And no be even one hour ban sef embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Characters In The Bible That Were Actual SIMP / End-time Study: Preparing For Rapture, Part 7, (beware Of Advanced Deceptions) / How Pastor Joseph Prince Took The Grace Revolution Around The World!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.