Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Let The Truth Be Known - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let The Truth Be Known (1225 Views)

Truth Be Told,where Was Lamidi Apapa When Peter Obi And Abure Were Struggling Fo / Truth Be Told: PDP Is Better than APC / Truth Be Told Electricity Is Now Constant !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The Truth Be Known by Fdot(m): 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
The then West African Court of Appeal (WACA) judgement in the case between IKWERRE VS. OKRIKA in 1958 bordering on the status of Port Harcourt settled it.

WACA decided that Port Harcourt belongs to the Igbos. There was no appeal till date.

When Elechi Amadi was confronted with the WACA judgement by Ohaneze Ndi Igbo Counsel, he affirmed it and it was admitted in evidence.
His only remark was that "the Ikwerre people involved their wealthy Igbo brothers in litigation, fought for Port Harcourt under the shadow of their rich brothers against Okrika people and consequently, the court so ruled.

When asked whether he appealed against that judgement, he said NO.

That Port Harcourt is an Igbo city was a judgement of a superior court that has not been vacated.

The original inhabitants of Obigbo were mostly from Ngwa, Arochukwu and Owerri.

WIKE can never change History!!!

And it my duty to bring history before those of you that try to put it down.

1 Like

Re: Let The Truth Be Known by SaiOba: 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Ozonnengltheory: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
Fdot:
The then West African Court of Appeal (WACA) judgement in the case between IKWERRE VS. OKRIKA in 1958 bordering on the status of Port Harcourt settled it.

WACA decided that Port Harcourt belongs to the Igbos. There was no appeal till date.

When Elechi Amadi was confronted with the WACA judgement by Ohaneze Ndi Igbo Counsel, he affirmed it and it was admitted in evidence.
His only remark was that "the Ikwerre people involved their wealthy Igbo brothers in litigation, fought for Port Harcourt under the shadow of their rich brothers against Okrika people and consequently, the court so ruled.

When asked whether he appealed against that judgement, he said NO.

That Port Harcourt is an Igbo city was a judgement of a superior court that has not been vacated.

The original inhabitants of Obigbo were mostly from Ngwa, Arochukwu and Owerri.

WIKE can never change History!!!

And it my duty to bring history before those of you that try to put it down.

They are deveroping our land. Thank you ikwerre s. You will soon be needed to fvck off our land. We will chase you guys back to edo state. cool
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by DiagnoPolitics: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:

They are deveroping our land. Thank you ikwerre s. You will soon be needed to fvck off our land. We will chase you guys back to edo state. cool

Muslim lamentationist with severe pains hammering his skull. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Elvictor: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:

do you read to understand? hahahaha!
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Elvictor: 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ikwerre people have been using Igbo head to grab lands since 1960s ... lwkmd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Ozonnengltheory: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
Cc ikwerrepikin ikwereigbo I hope you are not living in port harcourt.

Once Nigeria breaks up, you must be content with your 1 landlocked lg (benin city).
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Elvictor: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:
Cc ikwerrepikin ikwereigbo I hope you are not living in port harcourt.

Once Nigeria breaks up, you must be content with your 1 landlocked lg (benin city).

you people don't read to understand
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by etrange: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
I don't really subscribe to this African mentality of a place belonging to a particular people. Here in the western world, you're from wherever you are born. It mustn't necessarily be where your parents are from. This is because humans will keep moving. Even the people claiming to own the state in Nigeria might have come from somewhere if you begin to trace back their origin. So I wonder where Africans draw the line. Nigerian has the advantage of being one race. One would think this would make them a united people with common goals but instead, they've decided to create divisions by sticking to some archaic/prehistoric lifestyle. A typical African does not like change (except when forced) and everyone wants to somehow be superior.
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Ozonnengltheory: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2020
etrange:
[s]I don't really subscribe to this African mentality of a place belonging to a particular people. Here in the western world, you're from wherever you are born. It mustn't necessarily be where your parents are from. This is because humans will keep moving. Even the people claiming to own the state in Nigeria might have come from somewhere if you begin to trace back their origin. So I wonder where Africans draw the line. Nigerian has the advantage of being one race. One would think this would make them a united people with common goals but instead, they've decided to create divisions by sticking to some archaic/prehistoric lifestyle. A typical African does not like change (except when forced) and everyone wants to somehow be superior. [/s]

Welcome to Africa! undecided
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by helinues: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Land grabbers dem grin
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Coneheadyutes(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:

They are deveroping our land. Thank you ikwerres. You will soon be needed to fvck off our land. We will chase you guys back to edo state. cool
Re: Let The Truth Be Known by AwkaFinest: 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ozonnengltheory:

Ndi IPOB ajoka!

Re: Let The Truth Be Known by Ozonnengltheory: 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
AwkaFinest:

Ndi IPOB ajoka!

I hope you are not staying in port harcourt. I have my koboko ready with me. I will chase you ikwerre miscreants back to edo state where you came from. cool

(1) (Reply)

Now That Fulanis Has Bow To Pressure, What Next? / Abduction: Heart Breaking Pictures Of Govt Science College Kagara / Bye-Election: PDP Candidate, Ebisike Booed In Aba During Campaign Tour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.