Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. (2338 Views)

Does The Sharia Law Govern Non-muslims Too?? / What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? / CJN: ‘Sharia Law Is Not Islamisation Of Nigeria’ - Islamic Scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by bigpriik: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
Look at the picture below the first one is rahama sadau just showing her back ,just because of that she is facing charges in a sharia court ,but look at the last two pictures below these are daughters of ganduje and indimi dressing even worse but who dares to question or arrest them,I guess sharia law is just for the poor and defenseless..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Karlovich: 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
I blame Lord Lugard for this, a region where getting high on hard drugs and bleeping little children isn't an offence but putting on certain types of clothes is.

1 Like

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
How are you Ibos different from the Northerners?

You come here to blame them everytime while leaving your own religious bigotry and intolerance.

Are you not the guys that are burning mosques and killing Muslims in the SE? Are the not the same people marginalizing Igbo Muslims such that you tend to discriminate against them.

Are you not the same set of people campaigning openly with a crusade for Trump because you claimed he’s a Christian?

What about the traditional discrimination of OSU and the rest? What about denying women the right to inheritance?

You guys should rather speak on your own problem rather than blaming the North everytime especially for the same things you guys are guilty of.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by bigpriik: 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

You come here to blame them everytime while leaving your own religious bigotry and intolerance.

Are you not the guys that are burning mosques and killing Muslims in the SE? Are the not the same people marginalizing Igbo Muslims such that you tend to discriminate against them.

Are you not the same set of people campaigning openly with a crusade for Trump because you claimed he’s a Christian?

What about the traditional discrimination of OSU and the rest? What about denying women the right to inheritance?

You guys should rather speak on your own problem rather than blaming the North everytime especially for the same things you guys are guilty of.

Where did igbos kill Muslims abeg tell us?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
bigpriik:

Where did igbos kill Muslims abeg tell us?

It is common knowledge that you guys are burning mosques and there have been cases of Muslim Northerners killings in Oyigbo or so.

You can chose to deny like you guys always do but you should stop basking in the euphoria of hypocrisy where you call out only the Northerners for religious bigotry and intolerance while sparing yourselves.

It is a self-evident truth that you discriminate against the Muslims amongst you and you have always shown your hate for the religion. While that is your right as a tribe to do what you want, it is great hypocrisy to call someone else out for the same sin you indulge in.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/islamic-groups-condemn-alleged-burning-of-mosques-in-igboland/

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/11/stop-burning-mosques-in-igboland-muric.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

Just answer why your hypocrisy is so shameful by using sharia for different people and different thing like destroying trucks of beer and still collecting VAT on beer. Kano collects more VAT on beer than Lagos.

You can open a thread for those of Igbos.

10 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

It is common knowledge that you guys are burning mosques and there have been cases of Muslim Northerners killings in Oyigbo or so.

You can chose to deny like you guys always do but you should stop basking in the euphoria of hypocrisy where you call out only the Northerners for religious bigotry and intolerance while sparing yourselves.

It is a self-evident truth that you discriminate against the Muslims amongst you and you have always shown your hate for the religion. While that is your right as a tribe to do what you want, it is great hypocrisy to call someone else out for the same sin you indulge in.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/islamic-groups-condemn-alleged-burning-of-mosques-in-igboland/

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/11/stop-burning-mosques-in-igboland-muric.html?m=1

More than 60 churches were burned and thousands of Christian-owned homes destroyed in Nigeria’s predominantly Muslim north after the recent election of incumbent Christian president Goodluck Jonathan, according to the Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors.

Riots broke out Monday after the preliminary results of Saturday’s vote were announced. Jonathan, who was sworn in as president in May 2010, was announced president over his Muslim opponent Muhammadu Buhari.

“Last year there were more martyrs in Nigeria – approximately 2,000 Christians killed in the northern part – than in any other country in the world,” said Open Doors USA President/CEO Carl Moeller. “Nigeria is such a key country in the spread of Christianity all over Africa.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/60-churches-burned-in-post-election-nigeria-violence.html

You funny fellow just want to have the ONLY MONOPOLY in killing people.

Once others try even one hundredth of what you do...it becomes a grave sin.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Manab: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
Mumu wetin concern u in Islamic affairs.

1 Like

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
Manab:
Mumu wetin concern u in Islamic affairs.

...because you cheat the poor with it...and its not a good thing before Allah cheesy

All creatures should be treated equal...

12 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Manab: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

More than 60 churches were burned and thousands of Christian-owned homes destroyed in Nigeria’s predominantly Muslim north after the recent election of incumbent Christian president Goodluck Jonathan, according to the Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors.

Riots broke out Monday after the preliminary results of Saturday’s vote were announced. Jonathan, who was sworn in as president in May 2010, was announced president over his Muslim opponent Muhammadu Buhari.

“Last year there were more martyrs in Nigeria – approximately 2,000 Christians killed in the northern part – than in any other country in the world,” said Open Doors USA President/CEO Carl Moeller. “Nigeria is such a key country in the spread of Christianity all over Africa.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/60-churches-burned-in-post-election-nigeria-violence.html

You funny fellow just want to have the ONLY MONOPOLY in kulling people.

Once others try even one hundredth of what you do...it become a grave sin.
big liar prove it
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Kdon2: 11:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

Go Sidon! You be olodo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

Just answer why your hypocrisy is so shameful by using sharia for different people and different thing like destroying trucks of beer and still collecting VAT on beer. Kano collects more VAT on beer than Lagos.

You can open a thread for those of Igbos.

I am not Hausa/Fulani so I don’t think I can speak for them. Not that I’m saying they are not also guilty of the same religious intolerance but I hate it when people like the Ibos turn themselves to a symbol of moral authority to condemn the northerners.

For the issue of Kano, I think it is a result of a failed government structure. Normally as a state, they have the right to make any legislation they think it’s best for them since the Shariah police derive their power from the state.

However, government at the center should not give them a dime from the VAT generated from alcohol from other regions and that is a result of a directionless path of the Nigeria government structure.

As a Muslim in the South, I myself know the Northerners need a lot of liberation and need to eschew the spirit of dogmatism to religious teaching (morals) that somehow change with time.

We have the Saudis, Kuwaitis, UAE, and etc modifying their laws so I don’t see the reason why the North choose to remain dogmatic in their thinking.

6 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Manab: 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

...because you cheat the poor with it...and its not a good thing before Allah cheesy

All creatures should be treated equal...
but de all have been punish.ribadu daughter apologized
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Kdon2: 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

I m not surprised you are the problem of this country trying to change the narrative always. SMH

5 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2020
Manab:
big liar prove it

When it comes to your destruction it becomes lies. ONLY your won is true..

8 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

You funny fellow just want to have the ONLY MONOPOLY in killing people.

Once others try even one hundredth of what you do...it becomes a grave sin.

We are saying the same thing.

Here you are condemning the Northerners for burning churches but you are here trying to exonerate the ibos from burning mosques.

Can you see you are bird of a feather?

2 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ibos and North are just different side of the same coin..... You are not better than them...... It is their law, their culture for the pass 1800 years.... If we ask you to abolish Osu and ohu now, you will be saying another thing
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kdon2:

I m not surprised you are the problem of this country trying to change the narrative always. SMH

Does anything I say change the fact that the Ibos have a problem of religious intolerance?

Can you deny this self-evident truth?
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Manab: 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

I am not Hausa/Fulani so I don’t think I can speak for them. Not that I’m saying they are not also guilty of the same religious intolerance but I hate it when people like the Ibos turn themselves to a symbol of moral authority to condemn the northerners.

For the issue of Kano, I think it is a result of a failed government structure. Normally as a state, they have the right to make any legislation they think it’s best for them since the Shariah police derive their power from the state.

However, government at the center should not give them a dime from the VAT generated from alcohol from other regions and that is a result of a directionless path of the Nigeria government structure.

As a Muslim in the South, I myself know the Northerners need a lot of liberation and need to eschew the spirit of dogmatism to religious teaching (morals) that somehow change with time.

We have the Saudis, Kuwaitis, UAE, and etc modifying their laws so I don’t see the reason why the North choose to remain dogmatic in their thinking.
Igbo's don't hate north de hate Islam only

4 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
Glaring
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

I know you are muslim from south west and you are not different from your MURIC boss.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Kdon2: 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
Manab:
big liar prove it

Backward people...una Muslim mates in develop country dey grow you choose to remain obsolete! Mtchwww

1 Like

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
Manab:
Igbo's don't hate north de hate Islam only

North and Islam go hand in hand. So it’ll be very hard to separate the two and it’ll be really hard to ascertain what the Ibos actually hate.

However based on the subject of this thread, I don’t don’t the Ibos have any right to abuse the Northerners like they always do based on religion.

How could a religious bigot accuse another person of been a bigot?

2 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

Here you are condemning the Northerners for burning churches but you are here trying to exonerate the ibos from burning mosques.

We are not saying the same thing. Stop comparing orange and apple.

It is not bad for you to defend your religion of Islam. The issue here is using sharia for different people....How come you are diverting the narrative with burning of churches? One of said it was a lie and need proof. I have attached picture and he has gone into hiding.

2 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

I know you are muslim from south west and you are not different from your MURIC boss.

Yes, you have a problem with me being a Muslim from the West?

How does that change the fact that Ibos are religious intolerant and hate personified to the extent that they discriminate against people of the same blood as theirs just because they worship their makers differently.

My advice to the Igbo Muslims amongst you is that they should all relocate to the SW where their religious right will be protected!

A free region where everyone is given equal chance to practice their form of religion whether Islam, Christianity, or Traditional without any iota of animosity.

2 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Kdon2: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

No they are not. One part support the violence the other part does not even if it happens. One part threatens violence openly and resort to same while the other does not. So no comparison here at all especially if you check the kind of carnage and impunity the northerners hide under Islam to perpetrate. Abeg no be Allah send dem wetting dem dey do for sure.

3 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Manab: 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

When it comes to your destruction it becomes lies. ONLY your won is true..
accepted but iz a terrorism attack done by boko haram,prove de one dat hausa/Fulani attack de way ibos ar burning mosque in de Igboland.
Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Redcrafton: 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
LegendHero:

Yes, you have a problem with me being a Muslim from the West?

How does that change the fact that Ibos are religious intolerant and hate personified to the extent that they discriminate against people of the same blood as theirs just because they worship their makers differently.

My advice to the Igbo Muslims amongst you is that they should all relocate to the SW where their religious right will be protected!

A free region where everyone is given equal chance to practice their form of religion whether Islam, Christianity, or Traditional.

I have no problem with that.

Igbos are religious tolerant. They are just afraid beheadings and sharia which is alien to Igbo culture.

Igbos don't have issues with Buddhists, Hindus, traditionalists and other less extreme stuff.

Igbos want peace, justice and fairness to all.

4 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by Kdon2: 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
SuperBold:
Ibos and North are the different side of the same coin..... You are not better than them...... It is their law, their culture for the pass 1800 years.... If we ask you to abolish Osu and ohu now, you will be saying another thing

Why don't they remain in 1800 then. Even Saudi Arabia modify their norms according to emerging realities.

2 Likes

Re: The Religious Hypocrisy Of The North sharia law. by LegendHero(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
Redcrafton:

We are not saying the same thing. Stop comparing orange and apple.

It is not bad for you to defend your religion of Islam. The issue here is using sharia for different people....How come you are diverting the narrative with burning of churches? One of said it was a lie and need proof. I have attached picture and he has gone into hiding.

Anyone that says the Northerners don’t burn churches is just deceiving themselves. I won’t utter such coz it’s all in the public domain.

What is your own problem with their Shariah? Why can’t you leave them alone to practice what they think is best for them even tho you think it is archaic and barbaric. They have the right to make a legislation and follow it, in as much as they don’t force you to do the same thing.

Just as you Ibos pride yourselves in religious bigotry and discrimination, denying women the right to inheritance, traditional discrimination system of OSU, and etc. You have the right to make your laws too in as much as you don’t use that to affect other non-Igbos in your domain.

Now why are you abusing the Northerners of religious bigotry when you also indulge in the same with almost equal magnitude?

That is the hypocrisy I’m calling out. Stop thinking of yourself as some form of moral voice, you are just the image of the Northerners you always chose to condemn when viewed by third parties.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Come To The Negotiating Table Without Delay - Zelensky Begs Russia / Throwback: The Major Gideon Orkar Coup Of April 22 1990 / Pdp Primary In Abuja. Look What SE Delegates Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.