Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? (7882 Views)

Nigeria's Prison Demography In The Year 1958 - 1959 / Understanding The Voting Demography Of Lagos And Why Obi Might Win It / Demography Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2020
I think it is 45% christians,40% Muslims and 15% traditionalists.oyo is 60% Muslims,35% christians5% pagans.osun 50% muslims 40% Christians 10% pagans.ondo should be 70% Christians 20% Muslims,10 pagans.
Ekiti has 90% christian,10% muslims.ogun has 60% Christians 30% Muslims 10% pagans.lagos has 60% Muslims 40% Christians.

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Afroknight
Caseless
Kahal
Orientation
Nowenuse
Ojiofor
Amaniro
Scholes
Tylerburden

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by successmatters(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Judging from what a very respected SW monark told us, Christians 82% and muslin 12% while traditional is 6%

Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Wilstino: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Inconsequential!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by nlPoster: 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
Who are those suddenly so interested in southwest Nigeria?

Another person was asking what was the reason for creating Osun state.

Are nlers trying to link different parts of Yorubaland to various other African countries?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by haffaze777(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Maybe you use google search brothergrin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by agulion: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yoruba Muslims are very few, is longer throat ( for sala ram) that push them to that wicked assembly

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by DCmonster: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
You nigerians will just sit in your house and be churning out figures/statistics from your stupid brains. That's why most of you morons elected and still supports a dullard. angry

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Finnese001: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
agulion:
Yoruba Muslims are very few, is longer throat ( for sala ram) that push them to that wicked assembly

thank God no be me talk am

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Traditionalist there is just 3.3 percent or thereabouts.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by tunjiajayi: 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Going to?
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
haffaze777:
Maybe you use google search brothergrin
I have to no avail,its better i hear from those on ground
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few
Na wait.lolll
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by adekolaelect(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
agulion:
but free tithes and offering money make small small churches plenty for osu n .Imaging a church worshiping in iron kiosk container like agent banking shops grin grin grin angry grin sorry it is also a venture bcs people must pay return at the end of month .

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by AgentNairaland(f): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
Traditional..
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
DCmonster:
You nigerians will just sit in your house and be churning out figures/statistics from your stupid brains. That's why most of you morons elected and still supports a dullard. angry

It's actually a great percentage from the south west that voted and is still supporting the dullard

Let's understand the religious demograp of the region first.... Let's also understand how one man can cage a whole region and put them inside his wallet.... Is it juju or jazz

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by reality1010: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:
I think it is 45% christians,40% Muslims and 15% traditionalists.oyo is 60% Muslims,35% christians5% pagans.osun 50% muslims 40% Christians 10% pagans.ondo should be 70% Christians 20% Muslims,10 pagans.
Ekiti has 90% christian,10% muslims.ogun has 60% Christians 30% Muslims 10% pagans.lagos has 60% Muslims 40% Christians.

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Afroknight
Caseless
Kahal
Orientation
Nowenuse
Ojiofor
Amaniro
Scholes
Tylerburden
op you r wrong. Christians cannot be 45% while Moslems r 40%.How did you arrive at those statistics? It is Christans 39.87% , Moslems 46 13%, while others share the remaining figures.Watch out the number of people that celebrate Christans festivals and the ones that celebrate Moslem festivals.You can even touch and feel the difference sir.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
When I saw the moniker of OP, knew he is on another mischievous mission to deceive. For you info the only muslim gov of Osun was rigged into office by Buhari ''remote control'' as confessed by Buhari himself

So Based on all your assumptions that the religion of the gov reflect the population of his religion.....

SW is 18% muslims and 80% Christians and 2% ATR

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
reality1010:

op you r wrong. Christians cannot be 45% while Moslems r 40%.How did you arrive at those statistics? It is Christans 39.87% , Moslems 46 13%, while others share the remaining figures.Watch out the number of people that celebrate Christans festivals and the ones that celebrate Moslem festivals.You can even touch and feel the difference sir.
That cant be the only parameter for measurement na.i think they are more Yoruba muslims
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Superwave: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2020
And Igbos on NL congregate to claim Yoruba is the one hating on them....

MelesZenawi:

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by LegendHero(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
@OP

The South West people don’t have a religious demarcation and it will be hard for the best statistician in the world to give an accurate figure of our religious demographics.

We are all one indivisible Omoluabi.

Even if you take a hundred years of core research, you won’t still get the accurate figure. Just abort mission ASAP!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Dedetwo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
nlPoster:
Who are those suddenly so interested in southwest Nigeria?

Another person was asking what was the reason for creating Osun state.

Are nlers trying to link different parts of Yorubaland to various other African countries?

There is a reason behind the birth of Amotekun. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by LegendHero(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
When I saw the moniker of OP, knew he is on another mischievous mission to deceive. For you info the only muslim gov of Osun was rigged into office by Buhari ''remote control'' as confessed by Buhari himself

So Based on all your assumptions that the religion of the gov reflect the population of his religion.....

SW is 18% muslims and 80% Christians and 2% ATR

Yes you are almost right. SW is 95% Christians and 3% Muslims with 2% ATR.

Shibuke thank you for the statistics.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Afroknight
Caseless
Kahal
Orientation
Nowenuse
Ojiofor
Amaniro
Scholes
Tylerburden

Bro are you trying to divide SW??

There is no way you can know the religious demography of south west.

The person you called Christian or Muslim might be a confirm traditional worshipper

Even, I as a Christian many years ago, I do consult these Alfas and some herbalist when boy dey in street we go collect soap/powder wey I go dey use to talk to girls.
By put it on my face or washing my head.

Can you now count me as a Christian then?
Definitely no, so it's Impossibe to know.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro are you trying to divide SW??

There is no way you can know the religious demography of south west.

The person you called Christian or Muslim might be a confirm traditional worshipper

Even, I as a Christian many years ago, I do consult these Alfas and some herbalist when boy dey in street we go collect soap/powder wey I go dey use to talk to girls.
By put it on my face or washing my head.

Can you now count me as a Christian then?
Definitely no, so it's Impossibe to know.
Very complex society

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
DCmonster:
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Do you smoke weed? You have to stop it.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:

Very complex society

Lol, can you now see why I tell you it's difficult to know...

Your figures are so high.
Your figures isn't possible..

Lemme explain..
In Ondo city (my town), we have about 70 - 75% Christians, traditional maybe 20%

Mind you, In my town we have about 25 traditional festivals in a year. Which Christians, Muslims and traditional alike do partake.

I ask you will you count those that partake to be Christians?
Even our Oba is a Christian and he do lots of religious stuff..

The same stuff I said above applied to every town in SW.
Be it Christians dominated town or not..

Below is the list of our traditional festivals

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

It's actually a great percentage from the south west that voted and is still supporting the dullard

Let's understand the religious demograp of the region first.... Let's also understand how one man can cage a whole region and put them inside his wallet.... Is it juju or jazz
By your post, you mean no Yoruba person do vote against Tinubu party or candidates, right?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
So, senatordave1, the truth is real Christians are 20% in SW, real Muslims are 20% in SW, traditionals are 60%

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by illicit(m): 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
Op u Neva go Osun before
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by illicit(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Osun state has highest number of traditionalists, albeit they go to churches or mosques too

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:
So, senatordave1, the truth is real Christians are 20% in SW, real Muslims are 20% in SW, traditionals are 60%
I cam agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Break Up, Jonathan Will Loose Election - Primate Ayodele / Death Penalty Approved For Terrorists In Nigeria / Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.