Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) (28672 Views)

Peter Obi And Ahmed Datti Meet Ex President Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / President Buhari Meets Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by BleedingPen: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2020
The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation (OOF) has formally recognised and honoured a former president of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who ruled the country from 2010-2015.

The Foundation, according to information available on its website, was formed because of the importance which former President Olusegun Obasanjo attach to Health, Education (especially girl-child), Youth Empowerment and Agriculture.

Igbere TV reports that the award presentation ceremony took place in Jonathan's Bayelsa home state, over the weekend, during the OOF visit to Bayelsa as part of its nationwide activities.

Presenting the Award to the former president, OOF, led by its chief executive officer, Dr. Olalekan Makinde, said the choice of Jonathan was in appreciation of the “great works” he did for Nigeria as president.

Makinde lauded the former president for his commitments to 'project Nigeria' and dedication towards making life worthy of living for the downtrodden.

Reacting, Dr. Jonathan said it was a privilege and honour for him to receive such a “special award” from a Foundation owned by a “refined” former head of state, whom he described as his father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhNfdhmrBQ

“This is a special award coming from my father,” he said, “Yes, Obasanjo is my father. And of course a former head of state. He is on a different level but still my father and will continue to be my father until death do us part.

“He has played his role as a nation builder, even as a military head of state, and handed over to late [Shehu] Shagari...

“And of course, he became a civilian head of state and served his two tenures and has been working for the society even after he left office. He was part of the eminent persons who intervened in South Africa...

“He(Obasanjo) has served the country, he has served Africa, he has served the nation. We respect him, adore him and pray that God should give him more years to mentor us.”

Igbere TV reports that the OOF leadership were in Bayelsa state in continuation of its visitation to states across the federation, where writing materials are freely donated to schools.

In line with its core mandate in the education sector, the OOF, in October, distributed textbooks as well as exercise books to primary school pupils in Iseyin Local Government Area of Oyo State.

Just recently, the Foundation in partnership with the China Consulate announced the donation of over 1,000,000 academic materials to students of public primary and secondary school across the six geo-political zones, which is still on course.

Speaking with Igbere TV, on Sunday, the OOF CEO Dr. Makinde said the Foundation will be in Abuja, Kano and Bauchi states this week, in continuation of the exercise.

Igbere TV gathered that the OOF leadership have been to Oyo, Imo and Bayelsa States were thousands of textbooks and writing materials were distributed to students of public primary and secondary school.

Based on its activities across the country, the OOF, founded by Chief Obasanjo, recently emerged as 'Humanitarian Foundation of the Year' in the 2020 Igbere TV Leadership Excellence Awards taking place at Sheraton Hotels, Abuja, Dec. 10.

https://igberetvnews.com/1370958/obasanjo-foundation-honours-former-president-jonathan-photos/

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Baawaa(m): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2020
That is Yoruba for you,they will use the right hand to discipline a child and use the left hand to draw him/her nearer.I believe Jonathan have learned lesson

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Karlovich: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2020
Wonderful, our darling daddy on life support should emulate this great man when he is eventually revived.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by AmadiAba: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2020
Congratulations
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Lipscomb(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
They will be using public funds running their private business.Yet they will not be honest in discharging their duty.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Amotolongbo(f): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
“This is a special award coming from my father,” he said, “Yes, Obasanjo is my father. And of course a former head of state. He is on a different level but still my father and will continue to be my father until death do us part.
Though I don’t like Jonathan’s government, I love his heart.

Buhari lives a bitter man and will die a bitter one

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by 2by40ft: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2020
We
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 09, 2020
Oga Jonathan hahahahaha think twice oooo, nothing good comes from anything related to that name, I no mention anybody's name here oooooo, I'm only warning my lovely brother Ebele Jonathan not to over celebrate that Honor

2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by TecM0: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2020
cool

Goodluck Jonathan deserves a noble peace award, AlGore who conceded defeat for George Bush also got awarded

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by chukwuibuipob: 8:51am On Nov 09, 2020
cool very good.Yorubas/Afonjas are peace loving pipu but caveat sad undecided lipsrsealed Jona should forget about 2023

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Poten111: 9:22am On Nov 09, 2020
Same way buhari is doing you people.
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by yarimo(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2020
mtceeew undecided
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by RocketHarbalTea: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2020
GEJ is a role model to the world

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Liposure: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2020
GEJ was a true hero of democracy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by CleanProBrand(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2020
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by IamWonderful: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2020
Hoog

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by rawtouch: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2020
did they not see the one on the throne to give or shey him no worth am

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by slawormiir: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Dammn niggarrrr
Isoright
No doubt Jonathan was a real niggarrr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by IamPlato(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Jonathan Is Living Proof Of Peace
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by money121(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2020
O
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Though I don’t like Jonathan’s government, I love his heart.

Buhari lives a bitter man and will die a bitter one
And who e dey affect pass?
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2020
grin.... 2023 Loading grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by nairaman66(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2020
Everything Jonathan said after he lost the 2015 elections fulfilled on these chronic power drunken group of unscrupulous elements without recourse for human life and dignity.

In his words- Beware of desperate power seekers with empty promises!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by bigfish3k: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2020
Which kind late recognition is this after fighting tooth and nail for his downfall and giving us a failure as president. Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by jospepper(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2020
One thing I like about Jonathan is his humility, but he is too humble to lead Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by ATEAMS: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2020
Big. TF honour small tf
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by IamFINESSE: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2020
angry
Re: Obasanjo Foundation Honours Goodluck Jonathan (Photos, Video) by VEXT: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2020
Baawaa:
That is Yoruba for you,they will use the right hand to discipline a child and use the left hand to draw him/her nearer.I believe Jonathan have learned lesson

Sir/Ma u r Mad.... U guys r the people who brought in buhari....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nobody Can Force Us Out Of South-West – Miyetti Allah / How 101 Boko Haram Members Were Freed From Kirikiri (See Full Names) - FIJ / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.