Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Why Do My Eyes Squeak. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do My Eyes Squeak. (292 Views)

I'm Having Boil Inside My Eyes. Please Help / Help, My Eyes Is Always itching Me And Reddish All The Time / Shocking But Interesting Health Facts About Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do My Eyes Squeak. by Remoter: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2020
I had squeaking sound from my eyes yesterday and I became so worried that I resorted to Google for an help. Surprisingly, no harm!.

I found this interesting and like to share same to fellow nairalanders.

Feel free to read further using below link.

https://blog.solsticebenefits.com/solstice-member-blog/why-do-my-eyes-squeak

Why do my eyes squeak?

Whether you’re tired, have allergies or are trying to remove a stray eyelash, you might rub your eyes. It’s almost involuntary. But what does it mean when you do this and your eyes seem to produce a squeaking sound? Don’t worry; the cause is harmless!

The squeaking noise is escaping air that was trapped in the lacrimal system—the structure housing the tear ducts. When you rub your eyes, you manipulate and put pressure on the tear duct, which causes a “squishing sound of air and tears.”

Every part of our bodies is connected in some way. When you have a toothache, for example, the lymph nodes in the area sometimes swell up to help you fight the infection. Because our eyes and nose are connected (this is why you get a runny nose from crying), air can enter the eye’s lacrimal sac through the duct that connects it to the nose.

(1) (Reply)

Best Stress Management Program For Everyone / Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? / Biden Administration Will Let Migrant Families Separated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.