Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side (411 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
I know virtually well that the mods won't take this to front page but if you're able to read this anyway, and able to understand what I'm trying to say, I'll be happy .

This boy's name is Jackson,he lives in Jamaica,every morning he comes down to the docks to watch the ships come and go.
He's been here too long.

Mental slavery has not touched him one bit,
he still knows his history, he knows where he comes from,that is why he believes the ocean can give him some answers,about the very very far home,that he's never been to for all his life,one day I heard him say quietly and sadly almost crying, I wish I was home, I wish I was in Africa, Oh how I wish I was home, how I wish I was in Africa.
I continued my walking by and I said to myself,the grass is greener on the other side,until you get there,and see for yourself.

I came home one day,and I went to get something close to an airport,I saw a young man,who happened to live close to my neighbourhood,h should be probably in his mid twenties.
His name is Okaro,from Isoko
He lives in Warri,every morning he goes to the airport to watch the planes come and go,he has changed his African name to a western one,because he probably doesn't know how it hurts to have a name you can't be proud of.
He hopes that one day,one of these birds of the sky can take him away,to a very very far land,running away from the very roots,that so many black people in the world are yearning and wanting to come back to. A place they call home

They wish they were home,they wish they were in Africa.

I live in his world, I've seen the other world,
I got nothing to say
I took what I came for and as I walked away, I heard myself say again, " THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE,UNTIL YOU GET THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF ".

Copied From : Lucky Dube__Other Side.
Re: The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side by Wanbissaka: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
I know i didn't ask in the thread but can i also receive airtime from you cry

Cc: Bioles1187
Re: The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side by Bioles1187(m): 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2021
Wanbissaka:
I know i didn't ask in the thread but can i also receive airtime from you cry

Cc: Bioles1187

next time bros. The insult the guy receive force me to do this to him
Re: The Story Of The Green Grass At The Other Side by Wanbissaka: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
Bioles1187:
next time bros. The insult the guy receive force me to do this to him
no worries

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Professional SEO Blog Writers / Lady Who Shared Her Lockdown Memoirs / RELATIONSHIP TIPS Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.