Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari (6452 Views)

Babangida: "I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 If I Find One" / Complete List Of Campaign Team That Will Make President Jonathan Win Buhari / Democracy In Action As Jonathan Win Buhari In A Free, Fair And Credible E-voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by hackney(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
The vast majority of nigerians (who are not so bright by the way) will fall for the cheap talk.
The almajiris in their entirety (as dirty as hell) will believe everything he says and will even kill for him.
Also the current  secondary (and maybe university) students who know nothing of the evil that is
the nigerian rulers since independence are likely to fall for it (with ideologies and dreams flowing in their heads)

They will be caught up in the frenzy of promises and the cycle will occur again.

What a country! !
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by chijane1(f): 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
Abeg no offence here but i want to know if these power supply Buhari is talking about will be for the whole country Nigeria or just  selected Nigerians.my reason?His past Government has never favoured any group outside Hausa's.secondly He was estimating till 2019,so was he going to elongate his tenure till 2019,the last time i checked,a full term is 4yrs and not 8yrs as projected by this man.people make una watch this man closely cos he has some hidden agenda he's not telling Nigerians.periodddddddddddddddddddd
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by sleekman(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2011
"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council & as the head of the petroleum dept was by nature taciturn & introvert. But he took any work given to him very seriously & if he failed at whatever he did, it would not be because he did not put his best, in fact, his very best. He was as reliable as he was hard working & HONEST" – Olusegun Obasanjo ("Not My Will", University Press Ltd., Ibadan, 1990, Pg 59)

This coming from OBJ means that he knows GMDs worth. Nigerias here is your true president, the peoples General. GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI. Vote 4 Change.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by agabaI23(m): 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
chi jane:

Abeg no offence here but i want to know if these power supply Buhari is talking about will be for the whole country Nigeria or just  selected Nigerians.my reason?His past Government has never favoured any group outside Hausa's.secondly He was estimating till 2019,so was he going to elongate his tenure till 2019,the last time i checked[b],a full term is 4yrs and not 8yrs as projected by this man[/b].people make una watch this man closely cos he has some hidden agenda he's not telling Nigerians.periodddddddddddddddddddd
He is freeto make a long term plan even if he will not be there.
The power project which was dormant under OBJ is what GEJ is implementing now. We are talking about continuity. The problem is he has no clue as how to go about doing that. Was there any feasibility studies? Tell us how you will acheive that

sleekman:

"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council & as the head of the petroleum dept was by nature taciturn & introvert. [b]But he took any work given to him very seriously & if he failed at whatever he did, it would not be because he did not put his best, in fact, his very be[/b]st. He was as reliable as he was hard working & HONEST" – Olusegun Obasanjo ("Not My Will", University Press Ltd., Ibadan, 1990, Pg 59)

This coming from OBJ means that he knows GMDs worth. Nigerias here is your true president, the peoples General. GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI. Vote 4 Change.

That means he failed. He probably did not fail because he was not honest or hard working. He failed because he did not know how to do what he was doing. Quality not quantity.

Honesty is a good trait, but you need more than that to lead. He probably failed because he could not manage the people under him. He was not a people's manager.

Now some BB guy is posting OBJ comment to support the credibility of BB. If someone is to post his comment on GEJ o Ribadu I hope you will accept it.
In fact you will start first by accepting that it was true he was tricked to attend Bode George's Owambe since OBJ's comment is now Gospel undecided
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2011
chi jane:

Abeg no offence here but i want to know if these power supply Buhari is talking about will be for the whole country Nigeria or just  selected Nigerians.my reason?His past Government has never favoured any group outside Hausa's.secondly He was estimating till 2019,so was he going to elongate his tenure till 2019,the last time i checked,a full term is 4yrs and not 8yrs as projected by this man.people make una watch this man closely cos he has some hidden agenda he's not telling Nigerians.periodddddddddddddddddddd

May I ask that you visit FACTS, rather than continue to push around what you probably heard from equally misinformed characters??

It's on record that most all of the policies brought in during the Buhari/Idiaghon regime did  not necessarily cater to any one group but ALL OF NIGERIA. Matter of Fact, the impact were more immediately felt down in the south than in the North. There is no such thing as  his PAST Government of his that FAVORED HAUSA's.

The team was made up of one southerner and one northerner and if you ask anyone, the SOUTHERNER is still widely considered the one in the group in charge of policy making and implementing. The Team only ruled for 20 months, not even 2 years. In that time, Culture and creed were rarely considered a factor when it came down to handling of individuals and peoples.  Idiaghon, a yoruba man himself, did not care if you were YORUBA, IBO, OR EVEN HAUSA . . . once he caught you, he would deal with you no matter what you last name. Even Mudashiru in Lagos SPARED NO ONE, even those from him own mama place.

Please check your history for facts . . . . you have google and you can google actual news reports from that time to educate yourself, if you are too young to remember those years, or where probably not born at that time. In this information age, all the rumours you hear will not RE-WRITE history we already know. Please learn to check stories people tell you.

chi jane:

.secondly He was estimating till 2019,so was he going to elongate his tenure till 2019,the last time i checked,a full term is 4yrs and not 8yrs as projected by this man.people make una watch this man closely cos he has some hidden agenda he's not telling Nigerians.periodddddddddddddddddddd

From what he posted, how in the world did you come up with the conclusion that HE assumes a term is for 8 years? ROFL . Anyways, the truth of the Nigeria Situation is we have spent billions to develop all the plans necessary to move this nation from a third-world status to at least 2nd-world in no time at all -- even fix our electricity problem half way. The problem has, and remains poor implementation.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
To those of us thinking that the targets set in Buhari's Manifesto is not realistic, I'd challenge you to do your research properly. The figures quoted are realistic and achievable with the minimal resources a government inherited by a Buhari led regime, if his past antecedent of firmness against corruption is anything to go by. Generating 15GW (15,000 MW) is not the real issue, but the distribution of such a capacity. Currently, after 12 years of spending about $20 billion, the PDP government are shamelessly claiming that we have attained 4GW.
Below are some links to the giant strides Eskom of South Africa has been taking since 1999, the same year PDP came into power, in powering their country. Today RSA has close to 40GW and still planning toward attaining double that capacity by 2025. Eskom is a government owned company.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/01/23/safrica-energy-idUKLN9543720090123
http://www.southafrica.info/business/economy/infrastructure/energy.htm
http://www.mbendi.com/indy/powr/af/sa/p0005.htm

IMHO, the CPC manifesto is realistic and remains the best option we have now. Privatizing the power sector doe not mean it'll work. We are all living witnesses to the sham privatization of Nitel.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by doncampos: 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
total BS
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by proudly9ja(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
eku_bear:

Personally, I don't think it is a good idea. But my larger point is, rather than having eku_bear, the FG, or anyone else decide, let the states decide themselves. This is better than a one-size-fits-all solution.

I see your point but the thing is Nigeria needs to open up. All states need to be opened up to business opportunities. Air travel makes transport of goods cheaper and faster. Road transport would help too but it takes more time. Rail is another option which I believe the new Govt will take into consideration.

What Il suggest the incoming govt should do is to have standards in terms of size of airport and this should be relative to projected air traffic. The standards must be maintained by the airport regulatory body. That way, state governments will not build white elephant projects just in the name of building airports.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ A valid point you've raised there.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by mrjingles(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
I usually do not comment on political issues but it seems this thread is now the "airport or no airport thread" IMHO if you want to open up he country for economic activities, building airports alone will not address the problem. If you want to transport light cargo then air is ok (am not sure running a giant cargo plane would be viable intra country) For really serious movement of goods and services cheaply you simply cant beat rail! Consider moving fuel, one cargo train can move equivalent of 20 33k litre trucks (600k litres at once!)- same goes for cement, steel, industrial minerals, bulk wheat, etc. Movement of heavy goods would be cheaper by rail (we do it by road currently). There is no silver bullet, we need a solid rail system, good roads and airports, arguing for only one is myopic. soft products and perishables may need air transport but heavy goods and durables should be by rail or truck abeg.

For me any country serious about development MUST have a solid TRANSPORT SYSTEM (rail road air and water), Solid EDUCATION SYSTEM (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Vocational) a Solid JUSTICE/ SECURITY SYSTEM (Police, Armed Forces, Judiciary) Solid HEALTH SYSTEM ( Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) and of course the almighty ENERGY SYSTEM (power supply, fuel supply, gas supply etc)

We dont focus on the SYSTEMS but on only one part at a time (Give us electricity! Build airports!) and we can NEVER move fwd that way. That's my two bits.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
mrjingles:

I usually do not comment on political issues but it seems this thread is now the "airport or no airport thread" IMHO if you want to open up he country for economic activities, building airports alone will not address the problem. If you want to transport light cargo then air is ok (am not sure running a giant cargo plane would be viable intra country) For really serious movement of goods and services cheaply you simply cant beat rail! Consider moving fuel, one cargo train can move equivalent of 20 33k litre trucks (600k litres at once!)- same goes for cement, steel, industrial minerals, bulk wheat, etc. Movement of heavy goods would be cheaper by rail (we do it by road currently). There is no silver bullet, we need a solid rail system, good roads and airports, arguing for only one is myopic. soft products and perishables may need air transport but heavy goods and durables should be by rail or truck abeg.

* Much of what you have above on cargo and all is, to me, in line with the question asked by someone earlier . .  about how many airlines will be willing to fly through the airports. I think that is not for us to debate here as it is a non issue at the moment. States and people should decide that for themselves.

** It is true that we need a comprehensive transport system in place . . .  and yes, advocating for air NOW should not stop development of rail and road at the same time. It should NOT be EITHER - OR approach. We need these formerly futuristic solutions NOW. The future is here and so the problems need to be dealt with NOW.

mrjingles:

For me any country serious about development MUST have a solid TRANSPORT SYSTEM (rail road air and water), Solid EDUCATION SYSTEM (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Vocational) a Solid JUSTICE/ SECURITY SYSTEM (Police, Armed Forces, Judiciary) Solid HEALTH SYSTEM ( Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) and of course the almighty ENERGY SYSTEM (power supply, fuel supply, gas supply etc)

We dont focus on the SYSTEMS but on only one part at a time (Give us electricity! Build airports!) and we can NEVER move fwd that way. That's my two bits.

Again, I think you confuse issues,  No one here has so far said it has to be ONE THING AND leave the rest. Definitely, there needs to be focus on all other areas IN ADDITION to that mentioned is what is being suggested.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by alldone(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
we dont want any past military abeg. However he just told us the truth abt electricity.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
alldone:

we dont want any past military abeg. However he just told us the truth abt electricity.
Are you more Nigerian than any military man past and present? You admitted he's being truthful with his manifesto, yet you prefer those who'd lie to you?
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ OP
First let me point out a typo in the title, just remove the "No" at the beginning of the tiltle and it would make more sense, otherwise you have a double negative.

Hold on, title might be correct; is Buhari actually saying telling us that uninterrupted power would commence 2019? either way it shows he is being honest and realistic with the electorate and not just making empty promises.

All I have to say is that the only thing stopping the current adminstration from achieving this goal, is corruption and without corruption this goal is very achievable.

We all know Buhari is proven as the only government ever to tame corruption 1984 /85

Change is coming,

Do what you can to ensure that Buhari wins.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^^
Why should we wait till 2019, when GEJ is already doing the Magic.
BUHARI would only handle power like his fellow military men who created the problem in the first instance.

[size=16pt]For Transparent Privatization and Unbundling of our Power Sector, And Adequate Foreign and National investment in Power Generation
Vote GoodLuck/Sambo
Vote Fresh Air in 2011
[/size]
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ The process up to this point has not been so transparent.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Why promise us it will be [b]ONLY [/b]if he is re-elected?
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by abopal: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
Despite some distractions from some Politically possessed writers, this thread has remained one of the most intelligent on Nairaland in recent times.
Couldnt help but read and re-read and read.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ The process up to this point has not been so transparent.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Why promise us it will be [b]ONLY [/b]if he is re-elected?

Am really sorry to disagree Dear.
We have made very good preparation by planning out a Road Map.
The process of Privatization has only begun
Just Check Out the Caliber of Foreign Companies Queuing and Partnering with Local Ones to invest in our Power Sector. That will tell you we are getting it right! Essar Energy, Tata Group, etc and Some of our own Indigenous Energy Firms
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
KenGali:

Just Check Out the Caliber of Foreign Companies Queuing and Partnering with Local Ones to invest in our Power Sector. That will tell you we are getting it right! Essar Energy, Tata Group, etc and Some of our own Indigenous Energy Firms

You just avoided the question completely. The process, as is IS NOT TRANSPARENT -- It started, I believe Last MAY, and so far, it is NOT as Transparent as we were initially promised it would. So, why does it seem now that we are AGAIN being promised TRANSPARENCY we were initially promised, [b]ONLY [/b]if we re-elect him?
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
The process drew up a road map which was published to the public,
Informing everyone who had interest of the process on ground and the impending activities
So, far no part of PHCN has been sold.
The process is so open that Indian and Canadian Companies are bidding
Even the organisation I work for is openly bidding1

The power plants being brought on stream are the one suspended due to Obasanjo's 16 billion.
The IPP have been streamlined so that the power plants will come on stream. 

What exactly do you suspect has been hidden? If you say its not transparent, you must have at least a vague idea of what has not been seen?
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
KenGali:

Beaf aka Kengali,
You should know that a leopard cannot hide its spots! You have just given yourself away again. As usual, making fabricated statements to support his delusion. Often makes statements as if he's just come out of a meeting with GEJ. Ima Niboro of NL, no matter how long and far lies travel, truth will still prevail.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
9ijaMan:

Beaf aka Kengali,
You should know that a leopard cannot hide its spots! You have just given yourself away again. As usual, making fabricated statements to support his delusion. Often makes statements as if he's just come out of a meeting with GEJ. Ima Niboro of NL, no matter how long and far lies travel, truth will still prevail.

Please read newspapers, if you can't buy, read online.
So that when so called public secrets are mentioned in discuss, you won't begin to accuse the innocent of defrauding you and planning in secret. I have not said anything that is not in public view, google Essar and Tata Group's bids for PHCN.

Again am not Beaf!
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
KenGali:

The process drew up a road map which was published to the public,
Informing everyone who had interest of the process on ground and the impending activities
So, far no part of PHCN has been sold.
The process is so open that Indian and Canadian Companies are bidding
Even the organisation I work is bidding1
What exactly do you suspect has been hidden? If you say its not transparent, you must have at least a vague idea of what has not been seen?

I understand you will tell us it has been transparent but the same government is still awarding contracts for building of power plants and it almost seems it is still business as usual. I understand that we do not have FOI in Nigeria, but when a sitting president promises something, we still expect that to be the case.

The fact that the president is STILL making this promise speaks to the case that it is well aware that the process is currently NOT as transparent as initially promised and so feels it needs to make the promise again.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I understand you will tell us it has been transparent but the same government is still awarding contracts for building of power plants and it almost seems it is still business as usual. I understand that we do not have FOI in Nigeria, but when a sitting president promises something, we still expect that to be the case.

The fact that the president is STILL making this promise speaks to the case that it is well aware that the process is currently NOT as transparent as initially promised and so feels it needs to make the promise again.

Why waste your valuable time with a fraud like beaf? If he is not decent enough to retaina single identity on an internet forum, how would you expect him to spew any sense? The guy is just a complete fool!
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2011
9ijaMan:

Why waste your valuable time with a fraud like beaf? If he is not decent enough to retaina single identity on an internet forum, how would you expect him to spew any sense? The guy is just a complete fool!

It seems anyone who tries to show you  the light is a fool! Like I told you before am not beaf, when you see him, you can handle your case. But on a lighter note, if among you, me and Beaf, you call both us fools and mix our identities, are you sure you are not loosing it? Please take a step back from your screen, if things are appearing double, rush to hospital or just call any doctor for emergency please. Love you Bro!

@Kobo
Kobojunkie:

Please,  I see you as a reasonable person. Am not just trying to win an argument. GEJ's is really working hard for power.
We do not have much need to build a lot of new power capacity, because OBJ left about 12 power plants stranded when he finished.

Secondly, part of the new proposed power sector, will have the private sector lead in running power generation. Government will only be investing to maintain the existing capacity, may be one or two new power plant to come on stream when the initial 12 are fully operational. So GEJ cannot be looting from ghost power plants.

But am sure you are aware that contract awards follow established tender process, when you talked of transparency, I thought you had evidence that may be GEJ was influencing the process, or that contracts where awarded to his cronies like OBJ does. Which would have made me change my mind about him. But  as I can see, you really have nothing to accuse him of.

He is doing well,  Please acknowledge what is Good. He keeps mentioning it as a promise because we have not yet reached the level  of improvement he desires. That is being truthful and forward looking.

[size=16pt]Vote Goodluck/Sambo for Stable Power
Vote Fresh Air in 2011
[/size]
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
KenGali:

@Kobo
Please,  I see you as a reasonable person. Am not just trying to win an argument. GEJ's is really working hard for power.
We do not have much need to build a lot of new power capacity, because OBJ left about 12 power plants stranded when he finished.
Secondly, part of the new proposed power sector, will have the private sector lead in running power generation. Government will only be investing to maintain the existing capacity, may be one or two new power plant to come on stream when the initial 12 are fully operational. So GEJ cannot be looting from ghost power plants.
But am sure you are aware that contract awards follow established tender process, when you talked of transparency, I thought you had evidence that may be GEJ was influencing the process, or that contracts where awarded to his cronies like OBJ does. Which would have made me change my mind about him. But  as I can see, you really have nothing to accuse him of.
He is doing well,  Please acknowledge what is Good. He keeps mentioning it as a promise because we have not yet reached the level  of improvement he desires. That is being truthfully and forward looking.
Again, I understand that by your PERSONAL assessment he is doing well, but we do not all feel the same way about his performance. I am reviewing the same site and have been updating myself as much as I can on progress on the power reform project as well, and say saying it is transparent is a stretch.

http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/

I am not here to speak on what Obasanjo did or did not know . . . as that is not what we should concern ourselves with at this time.  There is no need to drag him into this since his tenure ended almost 4 years ago, and even this current president has had numerous opportunities before now to tackle the so-called stranded plants.  That tackling had nothing to do with awarding contracts for building of NEW plants.

What I am still on is the promise of transparency still being made . . .  as the current situation has not been as transparent as initially promised. In January some of us discovered, to our dismay that this administration is still awarding contracts for building of plants, when we were made to believe that was over with. So, I say we stick please to the transparency promise since that is my full concern at this moment.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38868:fec-approves-power-sector-contracts-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Or is that report there wrong? Or are we reading that wrong?
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by ThinkRait: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
9ijaMan:

Beaf aka Kengali,

So BEAF has become the name for anyone who ask questions about Buhari or who declares open support for Jonathan.

U de vex? is definitely Beaf.
But kengali aint Beaf
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by ThinkRait: 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ Topic,

I have issues with many items in Buhari's manifesto.

They sound like the usual political statements.

Building airports in each state shouldn't even appear is the manifesto of someone contesting to be the president of a country where over 70% live on less than 2 dollars a day; a country where corruption is endemic; a country where states are created as though communal land is being shared; a country whose economy is controlled by foreigners who care less about developing the people; a country whose industrialist succeed only on government patronage or favouritism; a country whose population is insecure.

We need real change. We are tired of hearing baseless manifestoes.
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again, I understand that by your PERSONAL assessment he is doing well, but we do not all feel the same way about his performance. I am reviewing the same site and have been updating myself as much as I can on progress on the power reform project as well, and say saying it is transparent is a stretch.

http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/

I am not here to speak on what Obasanjo did or did not know . . . as that is not what we should concern ourselves with at this time.  There is no need to drag him into this since his tenure ended almost 4 years ago, and even this current president has had numerous opportunities before now to tackle the so-called stranded plants.  That tackling had nothing to do with awarding contracts for building of NEW plants.

What I am still on is the promise of transparency still being made . . .  as the current situation has not been as transparent as initially promised. In January some of us discovered, to our dismay that this administration is still awarding contracts for building of plants, when we were made to believe that was over with. So, I say we stick please to the transparency promise since that is my full concern at this moment.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38868:fec-approves-power-sector-contracts-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Or is that report there wrong? Or are we reading that wrong?

Your article does not make any accusation of lack of transparency! Unless in your own dictionary, the FEC giving the final Approval to tender processes is illegal or un-transparent.

You need to get some information before making this accusation.
1. Find out the Limits of the powers of the FEC to award contracts; That is their function. They are simply doing their job.

2. None of the Power Plants mentioned is new. Pls find out their history

3. There is a difference between Contract Award for a new project and Contract Variation. When a project is stagnated by the government, they have breached a contract, two the price of materials change, so the contractor will not agree to continue the work at the old price. Even new contractors for the job will not quote the old price for you, which they all know.

New issues and realizations or modifications may also be effected on the design, as you can see in one of the plants getting more turbines.

Hence you need to renegotiate the contract to have the project move forward to completion. which is what we all want.
So, for you to continue the
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Mar 18, 2011
*** seriously, this gets old!

Did you even bother to read what I typed? How in the world would you, on reading my post, and then that article still ask me the question you did on it? Did you read any of what I actually typed or are you just here pretending you have this more figured out that I do? I am not ASKING you for a defense. . . . I already know what is going on. And again, I already posted on the reason for the question I asked earlier and do not feel I need to go on trying to explain that again to you. undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

*** seriously, this gets old!

Did you even bother to read what I typed? How in the world would you, on reading my post, and then that article still ask me the question you did on it? Did you read any of what I actually typed or are you just here pretending you have this more figured out that I do? I am not ASKING you for a defense. . . . I already know what is going on. And again, I already posted on the reason for the question I asked earlier and do not feel I need to go on trying to explain that again to you. undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You are being funny grin
1. So what exactly is going on? this is the second time am asking you this question, please give a clear cut answer
2. What exactly are you insinuating the article you posted is not wrong about? Cause it only says that GEJ is doing his job. Shikena
Re: No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari by 9ijaMan: 4:09am On Mar 18, 2011
ThinkRait:

So BEAF has become the name for anyone who ask questions about Buhari or who declares open support for Jonathan.

U de vex? is definitely Beaf.
But kengali aint Beaf

Sorry pal, Beaf has multiple personality disorder. As you'll notice he has not denied it that he's not Kengali.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' / Apga Returns APC Broom To Lagos - Picture / 487 Federal Agencies To Guzzle N2 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.