Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies (27106 Views)

APC Has A List Of Persons To Be Lagos Governors - Jide Adediran / Tinubu Reacts To Sanwo-Olu's Move To Cancel Pension For Ex Governors & Deputies / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Seeks Alliance Of Gree Electric's Manufacturing Plant, China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Franktom247(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Paper talk from a paper governor our eyes are open you are just clinging on straws sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Teenaira: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
The man said 'imminently' , don't go and put sand sand for him garri abeg
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by khalids: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
globalresource:
I am smelling something. Tinubu doesn't need pension when he has access to....... lipsrsealed

Before u start quoting me

Na joke oo grin

Soro Soke..............nothing like joke...talk with your full chest
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by danilmo: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
lastempero:
Jagagban sabi play politics believe me,his only sin is that he steals public fund and dont want emancipate his people from fulani murderers.

u feel he should b shouting and talking anyhow like KANU, ohaneze and xo right?? with all the shouting where has it taken igbo to??

u igbo people do Action without thinking.. Tinubu na ur mate?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by hush15: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
IamHeWrites:
Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday announced to the State House of Assembly his intention to repeal the Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension Law 2007) which provides for payment of pension and other entitlements to former governors and their deputies, Igbere TV reports.

He made this known during his presentation of the 2021 budget.

https://twitter.com/gbenga_omo/status/1326114475653685248?s=20

The move if granted will see an end to the payment of pension to former governors of the state including Babatunde Fashola and Bola Tinubu.

Who this wan use sense for! Anyway, make we see his format !!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by November1857(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

I thought you ipob hypocrites cry and yell everyday that Tinubu is the one running and controlling Lagos and the governor so what if this is Tinubu's idea in the first place?

Look here ipob, such issues does not transpire in Lagos without the knowledge and consent of the party and the former governors.

With all the poorness, kerosene and wheelbarrow situation in your towns nd villages, you Igbos need this repeal more than Lagos state.

grin grin

I am not IPOB , I am from Akwa Ibom. No god fatherism in my beautiful state. Akpabio try it and we send him into obviation.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by lastempero: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
danilmo:

u feel he should b shouting and talking anyhow like KANU, ohaneze and xo right?? with all the shouting where has it taken igbo to??

u igbo people do Action without thinking.. Tinubu na ur mate?

I spoke my mind u can go kill ur miserable life because only miserable people supports miserable things, have u ever seen me supporting a corrupt politician, iam not dumb n i don't need anything from them hence i condemn all corrupt politician wether from my side or any other place. Evil is evil.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
The proposal is GOOD anyway.

But i see problem brewing between Sanwo-Olu and Ex. governors. Imagine, Ex. governors that collects X amount as pension and gratuities before and you know to stop it.

My opinion is that Sanwo-Olu can reduce the X amount by 50%.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Mars16(m): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sanwo-Olu make it work, you can do it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
oz4real83:
Another story. This governor is so much unlike Obaseki of Edo state. He doesnt have the ball to go against his godfather. Imagine a governor that never requested the presence of the military, but was arm-twisted into lying that he invited the military who came and start shooting against unarmed protesters. Even if they pretend and agree to repeal the pension law, they will compensate him by increasing the share of Alphabeta in the revenue generated on behalf of the Lagos State govt lipsrsealed

Yamlegged Biafran, let’s talk about the REAL massacre in Obigbo!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
story story.....make e just be like say him dey work and say no be tinubu dey control am!

Face una state! No die on top Lagos matter Igbo man!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
To douse tensions post-EndSARS protests, Tinubu was 100% likely the person who told him to do that. There's no doubt about that. We're still waiting for when Lagos will become free from Tinubu's chokehold and stranglehold so that the governor can take decisions without any strings.

Anambrian Obiano needs your advise. Please avail him!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Laboni: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
I hope he seek BAT’s permission for this? We don’t want any roforofo fight again ooo
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Akumoney(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
E bi like say na only one term dey hungry u govenor?...... jagagban never hear you grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
colossus91:
It's just a bill

Yeah, it will be PASSED!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Xscape1993(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2020
The idea is a welcome development. Hope it will become a reality?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
Focusmind:
See how everybody is attacking the Governor while their own various states are paying ex governors 300% of the salary of the current governor.

The yamleg ged Igbo people. Be very clear!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by uptimum123(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

You are weak! Why care what IPOB and ALL IGBO PEOPLE think?

Ffk them!

Because I know it's their signature to always have something derogatory say or think about Lagos
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
Foodqueen:
Forget this guy that only talks without action.

That was how he ask people that loss ppt during endsars to register that he want to help. Till date, he hasn't done anything, Tinubu has collected all the money he budjected for it from him.

He is a weakling.

Igbo woman get lost and let the governor do his job!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by wonlasewonimi: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Thoughtlessness worrying you! Tinubu didn’t cause your papa’s failure and wretchedness, ok!

Tell your papa to stop fellating him, it's not healthy!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
Heavensent01:

this is a mere political gimmick, the fool don't want people to used it against him in 2023 that he's still collecting pension

Tinubu will never smell that sit, any reasonable southerner can run for president but not this greedy capitalist fool called Tinubu

Igbo somebody please SHUT UP and let us deal with our own politicians!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by MusaChukwudi: 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Franktom247:
Paper talk from a paper governor our eyes are open you are just clinging on straws sir

Oga go and open your Igbo eyes in Amambura state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by oz4real83(m): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
tamdun:

Wetin Obaseki don do gan, una just dey hype d guy like say him do something special, if we asked u to list his achievements now, u go enter voice mail
he hasn't done much but I am satisfied with the way he demistified a group of people who thought nobody can become somebody in Edo state without their support. I am proud of that.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by Okoroawusa: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
A welcome development. I love this.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by oz4real83(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
Redhot111:

You are not wrong at all. But beyond that I still think after the endsars protest, I think their Brain is actually beginning to reset. At least they are evening thinking along the way things should be. Let's see wether they will get it done or otherwise.
exactly what I am saying. They know that power truly belongs to the people, if only the people knew. Unfortunately, just look at most people reacting negatively to my comment, reacting negatively to my comment shows how much ethnicity and religion have killed this country. They always fail to see the truth even though they suffer the same thing and sometimes even more than everybody.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by NGpatriot: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
azpekuliar:

I am talking about Lagos because the thread is about Lagos state. Please do your findings about the Lagos state pension law because I am definite that the law was crafted to ensure that it did not apply retrospectively. All the bogus pension laws in all the other states (with the exception of Zamfara state that has repealed and abolished theirs) stand equally condemned by me.

I don't know what your problem is or why you are fumming, as mucch as I detest pension laws in Nigeria and even as much as I agree with you that they must be abbolished, the laws are all legal laws.

Now, Lagos state is setting the state to abolish the law and I hope other states do the same thing so what exactly are you still gripping about? Are you mad that they are abolishing the law or that they are not? What are you still upset about?

When they do, you moan and cry and they they don't, you still moan and cry.

Sometimes I wonder if many Nigerians are really sane and rational in the head.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by azpekuliar: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

I don't know what your problem is or why you are fumming, as mucch as I detest pension laws in Nigeria and even as much as I agree with you that they must be abbolished, the laws are all legal laws.

Now, Lagos state is setting the state to abolish the law and I hope other states do the same thing so what exactly are you still gripping about? Are you mad that they are abolishing the law or that they are not? What are you still upset about?

When they do, you moan and cry and they they don't, you still moan and cry.

Sometimes I wonder if many Nigerians are really sane and rational in the head.

I am not against the law being repealed. You just rushed into my mentions without noting the point I was trying to make. Somebody said past governor, Alhaji Lateef Jakande is a beneficiary of the Lagos state pension law for past governors and I responded saying no, that is not correct. The law was not created by it's designers to be applied retrospectively to any state governors before 1999.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by NGpatriot: 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
oz4real83:
Another story. This governor is so much unlike Obaseki of Edo state. He doesnt have the ball to go against his godfather.

Edo Benefits accruable to former governors of Edo State under the Pension Rights of the Governor and Deputy Governor Law 2007 presently amount to 100 per cent of the salary of the incumbent governor for life, an officer not above Salary grade level 12 as Special Assistant, a personal secretary not below grade level 10 who shall be selected by the former governor from the public service of Edo State. Edo State arguably has the highest number of living former civilian governors with Dr. S. O. Ogbemudia, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Chief Lucky Igbinedion, Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor and lately, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

The amount accruable to them presently stands at N11 million per year and N44 million over four years. The SA and personal secretary earning on the average of N300,000 and N100,000 monthly respectively, makes it that the state would expend N24 million on the aides of the five former governors amounting to N96 million over four years.

Governor Godwin Obaseki sign the new pension bill for former governors of Edo State, passed by the House of Assembly last November it would significantly raise the amount being expended on former governors of the state who outnumber former governors elsewhere. That could mean the state providing N200 million each for building a house for each of the former five governors bringing the total expenditure to be expended over four years to N1.14 billion for the former governors alone.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/throwback-how-states-spent-n37-367bn-on-pensions-of-47-ex-govs-deputies/

Sadly for you,Obaseki just last year increased the amount spent on pensions for the former governors in Edo state on top of the fact that they have more former governors that the rest of Nigeria and instead of changing the law like they are doing in Lagos, Obaseki is increasing and expanding the the amount of taxpayers money spent on former governors in Edo state.

That ignorant joke is on you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies by NGpatriot: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
Anambra Former governors and their deputies from Anambra State are enjoying pensions as provided in the State Governors Pensions Law, 2009.

The law provides for life pension for a person who held office as Governor in accordance with the law, at a rate equivalent to his last salary in office subject to review from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the state Accountant General. It also provides for an official car, two personal aides and provision of adequate security for his person during his lifetime at the expense of the state government. Other provisions include allowances for cook, steward, driver and gardener to be determined from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the Head of Service and medical attention for his person, subject to the approval of the incumbent Governor. For a former governor the financial commitments besides medicals and security would run up to N48.96 million while for a deputy governor, it would be N48.52 million. With three former governors eligible and two former deputies, the provision over four years would amount to N243.92 million.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/throwback-how-states-spent-n37-367bn-on-pensions-of-47-ex-govs-deputies/

What the useless and incompetent former governors in Anambra are enjoying, but silly Igbos and crying and moaning over Lagos.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogbe-Ijoh Police Station In Warri Attacked / Zakzaky: Mohammad Jafar Montazeri Urges Nigeria To Send Him To Iran / Peter Obi Set To Commission Labour Party Office In Oyo State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.