Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,128 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump (267 Views)

Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Michael820(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2020
Can someone please explain why Trump is the chosen one for most Christian, someone recently shared me a post to fast 7 days for trump re-election maka why na!!!!

I always cringe when I see men of God Support someone with such a low moral and questionable past, and the funny thing is that I don’t even think he is a christian(practicing one)

Any explanation will be appreciated
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
If the church had supported Atiku in 2019, Nigeria's situation would not be this precarious.

God can use anything. God called Kings Darius & Nebuchadnezzar 'My servant" but they are Babylonian Kings.

1 Like

Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Michael820(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
PenuelFarms:
If the church had supported Atiku in 2019, Nigeria's situation would not be this precarious.

God can use anything. God called Kings Darius & Nebuchadnezzar 'My servant" but they are Babylonian Kings.

I know, but can’t God also use Biden too?

That’s not even my problem, my issue is the way they carry him like he’s the messiah and the prophesy must be fulfilled that bothers me.

Most pastors didn’t even do this much for Nigeria politics, they would rather not be involved then why change of heart this time.
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Thejustw14(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
I've read that "Trump's win is for christians", so logically Biden's victory 'll be for the devil.
Yet, it all doesn't make any sense to me.:!!:.
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
Michael820:

That’s not even my problem, my issue is the way they carry him like he’s the messiah and the prophesy must be fulfilled that bothers me.

Most pastors didn’t even do this much for Nigeria politics, they would rather not be involved then why change of heart this time.

Most Christians, outside of the US, supporting Trump began after his election having learnt that he got there through the support of the Evangelical Christians.

In the US, majority of voters are objective, including Christians. Aside the constant disagreements with the Democrats regarding some Biblical beliefs which they hold as sacrosanct, Trump had to organize a meeting with them where shared his beliefs and manifesto which they readily bought into. And that was it.
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Michael820(m): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Thejustw14:
I've read that "Trump's win is for christians", so logically Biden's victory 'll be for the devil.
Yet, it all doesn't make any sense to me.:!!:.

E confuse me too ooo
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by Michael820(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
PenuelFarms:

Most Christians, outside of the US, supporting Trump began after his election having learnt that he got there through the support of the Evangelical Christians.

In the US, majority of voters are objective, including Christians. Aside the constant disagreements with the Democrats regarding some Biblical beliefs which they hold as sacrosanct, Trump had to organize a meeting with them where shared his beliefs and manifesto which they readily bought into. And that was it.

Well some valid points there, but they should stop making it a religious decision and more of personal conviction
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by eviana3(f): 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Michael820:

Sorry, but I cannot comment on Nigerian politics because I don't know anything about that.
But in reply to the above bold question and statement:

Yes, God can use former Vice-President Biden for His purposes. Meaning God's will can still be accomplished regardless of "who" sits there.
Prophecy involves both positive and negative events that ultimately will cause people to choose whom they are gonna worship...and ultimately usher in Christ' soon and second coming for His people.
While man does make choices here on earth, (being guided by 1 spiritual force or the other), God ALLOWS men to be placed in
positions of authority, and can still be ultimately glorified.

President Trump is NOT the messiah, nor will he ever be..... only Jesus Christ is.
However, good can be accomplished through whatever human instrument.....
I think Nigerian Christians saw some things (stances, issues, statements, actions etc.) that caused them to sway towards President Trump.

When I personally, speak of prophecy, I am not speaking about Israel...so to speak. I think many well-meaning Christians have all sorts of misinterpretations about bible prophecy.
I am speaking about events in the books of Daniel and Revelation....particularly Revelation (which deals with end-time events)..that will come to pass regardless of "who" occupies the presidency.
Re: What’s With Christians And Their Love For Trump by eviana3(f): 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
PenuelFarms:

You hit the nail on the head.....

(1) (Reply)

Is There Something Wrong With This Picture / Russian Hacker Group Claims Massive Attack On Televangelist Kenneth Copeland / All Is Set For Outstanding Performance Int'l Award At Illumination Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.