Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,356 members, 7,860,942 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Is There Something Wrong With This Picture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Something Wrong With This Picture (269 Views)

Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? / Anyone Who Dies Must Have Done Something Wrong – Guru Mahraji / Is It Good To Advise A Pastor When You Feel He Has Done Something Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Something Wrong With This Picture by Ge0grapher(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
I was surfing through facebook right now and came across this picture, at first I was like "Ok" because if you are active on Facebook you will know there are lots of images and pictures like this in circulation in different groups.
But when I took a closer look at this image, something struck me, I noticed that the Jesus displayed on this image is a charming "White man" while the devil is an ugly "black man".
I don't know if I am just tripping all there is an underlying narrative behind this picture.
Because why is it not the other way around, why is it Jesus not black and the devil white
I feel like society already ascribe being black with negativity and being white with light and positivity.
The funny thing is in the comment section of this posts, there were lot of Africans mostly Nigerians replying with "Amen".

Re: Is There Something Wrong With This Picture by chychy12(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Bro... Even in the Bible.. The devil was not a black person or spirit or man ..he was the most beautiful angel in God's creation... Even when he was banished he was still not black.. This is just our society and religious nonsense...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can What We Eat Affect My Christian Life? / Dreams About Snakes: What Snake Means In The Dream Fully Explained. / What Does Following God Means?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.