Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

First Time Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / First Time Programmer (773 Views)

Spacex Just Launch Humans To Space For First Time In 9 Years [VIDEO] / My Webpage Not Showing After Posting For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Programmer by Skye123: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hi guys, I'm not really a first time programmer. I already learnt HTML and CSS. So, I'm trying to proceed in my learning but I found out there are so many branches of programming services like, software development, mobile game development, data management, artificial intelligence, deep learning, web design and development and so on. So, I'm kinda confused on which one to go for. Pls if you don't mind, can you take a brief moment out of your time and explain what they meant and the languages I need to learn for each case. Pls, help a confused aoul
Re: First Time Programmer by Etinosa1234: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2020
U learnt HTML and CSS?

U can start web designing already
Re: First Time Programmer by parkervero(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
Skye123:
Hi guys, I'm not really a first time programmer. I already learnt HTML and CSS. So, I'm trying to proceed in my learning but I found out there are so many branches of programming services like, software development, mobile game development, data management, artificial intelligence, deep learning, web design and development and so on. So, I'm kinda confused on which one to go for. Pls if you don't mind, can you take a brief moment out of your time and explain what they meant and the languages I need to learn for each case. Pls, help a confused aoul
You're not even a programmer at all. You are just a designer, static web page designer until you add JavaScript to it that you become a UI /UX designer (frontend).

@bold just pick one and focus on it. Don't be distracted by which one pays high, your primary focus is to solve the problems in any of the fields you pick.
Re: First Time Programmer by Skye123: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2020
parkervero:

You're not even a programmer at all. You are just a designer, static web page designer until you add JavaScript to it that you become a UI /UX designer (frontend).

@bold just pick one and focus on it. Don't be distracted by which one pays high, your primary focus is to solve the problems in any of the fields you pick.
Boss pls, explain what they meant and the languages I need to learn so, I can choose the one I want. pls
Re: First Time Programmer by tanigororo: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
parkervero:

Kilode Uncle,
Small small now. we all started somewhere.

Skye123:
One step at a time, welcome onboard. but wait o which area of programming are you planning to delve into
Read through this thread this should help
https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language
Re: First Time Programmer by Brukx(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2020
I think starting your programming career with HTML and CSS is a wrong move. Learn a fully fleshed programming language and understand the concept of OOP before going into web-design

1 Like

Re: First Time Programmer by Karleb(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2020
Brukx:
I think starting your programming career with HTML and CSS is a wrong move. Learn a fully fleshed programming language and understand the concept of OOP before going into web-design

HTML, CSS and front end Javascript is the way to go with web development. This is the reason why HTML, CSS and front end Javascript are the first you are required to learn in websites like freecodecamp and w3schools. These modules were set up by professionals with years of experience.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Programmer by Karleb(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2020
@skye123

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

Don't let anyone tell you you're not a programmer/developer , if you know HTML and CSS you are already a programmer/developer.

There is a reason why front end development is a thing. But I have to warn you, programming get level.
Re: First Time Programmer by Skye123: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2020
Brukx:
Pls, explain further sir
Re: First Time Programmer by Skye123: 11:28am On Nov 12, 2020
tanigororo:

Kilode Uncle,
Small small now. we all started somewhere.

One step at a time, welcome onboard. but wait o which area of programming are you planning to delve into
Read through this thread this should help
https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language
Thinking of going into software development or database Management
Re: First Time Programmer by Skye123: 11:28am On Nov 12, 2020
Karleb:
@skye123

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

Don't let anyone tell you you're not a programmer/developer , if you know HTML and CSS you are already a programmer/developer.

There is a reason why front end development is a thing. But I have to warn you, programming get level.
Thanks, bro. I'm thinking of going into software development or database Management
Re: First Time Programmer by Brukx(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Skye123:

Pls, explain further sir
Web development requires 4 technologies
1. HTML for content
2. CSS for layout and styling
3. JavaScript for interaction with user
4. Php/Java/python(django) for server side programming

I feel you should learn a multipurpose programming language (python, Java) before you start web design proper. If you can understand the concept of programming logic and know how to apply it in real life situations. Because web design is way more broader than what you see in your regular browser. If you are well grounded in computer programming as a whole learning JavaScript and Php will be a work over for you. Infact you may not need to learn php because python and Java have libraries that can carry out server side efficiently. I learnt JavaScript under a week because I already know. You may need to build sites that scrap data from another site or build a messaging app that requires some AI to distribute meaningful content to it's users or a trading platform where you need some knowledge of data structures. Learn programming first then move on with web design

1 Like

Re: First Time Programmer by Brukx(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Karleb:

HTML, CSS and front end Javascript is the way to go with web development. This is the reason why HTML, CSS and front end Javascript are the first you are required to learn in websites like freecodecamp and w3schools. These modules were set up by professionals with years of experience.
You're right. W3schools is where I visit if I want to understand something under the shortest time possible but do you think it's useful for a beginner?
Re: First Time Programmer by Karleb(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Brukx:
You're right. W3schools is where I visit if I want to understand something under the shortest time possible but do you think it's useful for a beginner?

Yes.
Re: First Time Programmer by chingle5(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2020
Skye123:

OP abeg make we link up me I am stuck in that useless CSS ..... that stuff is just too hard ..........i stay at lagos ......... see I have what u need I have the roadmap with me .....we can help each other out to grow ........... the only problem is just light bt i know some library and places to hangout

Re: First Time Programmer by Skye123: 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
chingle5:

OP abeg make we link up me I am stuck in that useless CSS ..... that stuff is just too hard ..........i stay at lagos ......... see I have what u need I have the roadmap with me .....we can help each other out to grow ........... the only problem is just light bt i know some library and places to hangout
I really wish we could link up, bro. But, I don't live in Lagos. I'm sorry cry cry
Re: First Time Programmer by Chingle6(m): 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2020
Skye123:

I really wish we could link up, bro. But, I don't live in Lagos. I'm sorry cry cry

Hmmmmm no P bro.... cool maybe try getting a study buddy there

(1) (Reply)

Programmers I Need Help / Javascript:how Do I Use drawBox Function.. / Full-time Job Vacancies For Developers In A Tech Company In Ibadan, Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.