Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ (1074 Views)

Make Money With My Dropshipping Partnership / Do You Know How To Make Money With Dropshipping? / Earn $1000 Within 3days With Dropshipping With No START UP CAPITAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2020
Good evening everyone, I posted this in the Biz forum, but decided to post here for more takes on this matter

I want to know if there TRULY is anyone from Nigeria who has found success dropshipping from Nigeria.

I initially embarked on the journey on my own, during the pandemic, but boy oh boy! I've just been losing cash ever since. First I tried using paystack, and it hurt my conversion rate so so so bad. I switched to flutterwave, and it hurt it even more.

I found out that the reason was cause paystack and flutterwave, redirects the users to their own secure website, away from your store, and a lot of western citizens are not used to this (they consider it insecure).

I tried creating a stripe account, but on hitting $3k in sales (with no profit, mind you, about $1.5k in losses), stripe started asking for lots of verifications, of which I had none.

Fortunately enough, I was able to get in contact with someone who gave me a fully functional account, and I've done close to $7k with it (still losing, no profit), with no issues at all.

That's not the problem though... My problem now is, I have a good functional stripe account and a good paypal account (a friend of mine overseas), I've got about $500 left that I'm willing to lose, but I don't know if it's worth it, or should I just invest this $500 in something else, or probably flex it, than lose it.

I've tested more than 50 products this year, but I hardly spent 50$ on each, cause , I don't see a reason for that, if it doesn't perform right out the bat, or is this mentality wrong?

Please if you have found success with shopify dropshipping, kindly help out, I'm losing it now!

Thank you.

Please abeg your contribution is vital.
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Zdoh(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
Let me stand here

This is really interesting....... I will wait for opinion from a there first .
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Emmysky(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Emmysky(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
My advices although I'm not a dropshipper but I've watched alot of videos on it

* Sell winning products
* Focus on Single product stores rather than some sort of general store cus Singles are easily more scalable
* Always use PayPal for payment processing as westerners trust it very much
* Scale your ads properly and use geotargeting and understand you demographic. Chances are that ur products won't be suitable or like by everyone. Understand you product by researching well on it, study the demographic it best suits even those that "may" like it should be considered, study the geological possibilities i.e countries and regions this product suits and is easy to deliver with tearing your own pockets for delivery. Use these data to scale your ads and then focus on the best performing ad sets and scale those even more
*Create very catchy video Ads that will make ur buyers stop scrolling and watch. At the end, they should have a feeling of missing out by not buying ur product. Please don't do the "limited stock" thing o, it never works

There's some YT channels I can recommend: Biaheza and Verum Ecom
Especially that Biaheza kid. He's 19 o, started dropshipping 17, did over a million dollars in profits so far, now investing in real estate. The guy is really smart. Look him up and you'll really enjoy his videos.

He has a course, I don't know if he still sells it till now. That 500 you say you got, take 250 out of it and get his course. At least you'll learn more from it than possibly blowing it off on ads. Please I'm not affiliated with him. if you like to, get it. If you have some other course you eyeing, get it. If you already know enough or would be willing to follow your own path to the dropshipping success, then even better.

Dropshipping is one of the hardest E-commerce business. Although you don't spend money in buying your own inventory but money for Ads and promoting you store and product is out of this world coupled with the hours of research and commitment to it.
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Walterthaboss: 12:43am On Nov 11, 2020
Why are you targeting westerners? Why not drop ship your products to Nigeria?
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Walterthaboss: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2020
Emmysky:

* Sell winning products
* Focus on Single product stores rather than some sort of general store cus Singles are easily more scalable
* Scale your ads properly and use geotargeting and understand you demographic. Chances are that ur products won't be suitable or like by everyone. Understand you product by researching well on it, study the demographic it best suits even those that "may" like it should be considered, study the geological possibilities i.e countries and regions this product suits and is easy to deliver with tearing your own pockets for delivery. Use these data to scale your ads and then focus on the best performing ad sets and scale those even more
*Create very catchy video Ads that will make ur buyers stop scrolling and watch. At the end, they should have a feeling of missing out by not buying ur product. Please don't do the "limited stock" thing o, it never works

Especially that Biaheza kid. He's 19 o, started dropshipping 17, did over a million dollars in profits so far, now investing in real estate. The guy is really smart. Look him up and you'll really enjoy his videos.

He has a course, I don't know if he still sells it till now. That 500 you say you got, take 250 out of it and get his course. At least you'll learn more from it than possibly blowing it off on ads. Please I'm not affiliated with him. if you like to, get it. If you have some other course you eyeing, get it. If you already know enough or would be willing to follow your own path to the dropshipping success, then even better.

Dropshipping is one of the hardest E-commerce business. Although you don't spend money in buying your own inventory but money for Ads and promoting you store and product is out of this world coupled with the hours of research and commitment to it.
Dude is so smart, him and the likes made me fall in love with drop shipping, but in the long run, you'll come to realize that, having your inventory for faster shipping times in the best route to go, I'm also thinking about drop shipping, hoping to start before the year runs out, OP can we talk on WhatsApp or how can I contact you?

1 Like

Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Emmysky(m): 1:27am On Nov 11, 2020
Walterthaboss:
You know this arbitrage business model mostly involve you buying from AliExpress and shipping it to the buyer. If you have ever bought anything of AliExpress from Nigeria then I'm sure you're used to waiting for over a month to be delivered. A typical nigerian will of course grow impatient and probably think it's a scam cus the don't know that you outsourced the item with Ali's standard shipping which takes time. Unless you use delivery like DHL, the buyer waits for long.

For westerners and many others, it's quick. Like Biaheza said that before covid, deliveries are done with a week to a fulfilment center in US which from there ships it to the buyer's house.

So you see? It's hard dropshipping in Nigeria. There's a local dropshipping business model that's somewhat convenient for us Nigeria
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 2:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Hehe, appreciate the reply to keep the thread up brother!

Zdoh:
Let me stand here

This is really interesting....... I will wait for opinion from a there first .
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 2:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Wonderful read Emmy! Yes I agree 100% with what you said... And to be frank with you, I'm apart of Alex Fedetoff's mastermind which cost about $3k..

I follow Biaheza very well, but he does more of IG shoutouts than Facebook or Google...and I have spent $1.5k+ on IG shoutouts and various theme pages, meme pages and even quite some personal influencers with few following, with zero results..

It was so inconsistent... At least with FB i was sure of making sales and not losing so much comoared to IG shoutouts

But of course I may have to hop back into youtube and look through some content in case I find another gold gem.

I know the main thing is all about the product...One of the product that I actually made profit with was a mask, but then it died off.

So I know of a truth if I can get that winning product, then everything falls into place...

The ditficulty now, is testing through a bunchcrap of products to find that golden egg

Emmysky:

* Sell winning products

Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 2:48am On Nov 11, 2020
Haha, good question.

I tried that before... Was just a waste of cash, as a lot of Nigerians felt they will be scammed and believed more in cash on delivery than paying before delivery

I'm planning on even transitioning to cash on delivery with some products here in Nigeria

Walterthaboss:
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 2:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Hey man, check the WA link in my signature below. Happy to connect with ya!

Walterthaboss:

Dude is so smart, him and the likes made me fall in love with drop shipping, but in the long run, you'll come to realize that, having your inventory for faster shipping times in the best route to go, I'm also thinking about drop shipping, hoping to start before the year runs out, OP can we talk on WhatsApp or how can I contact you?
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Zdoh(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2020
Kudos guys i am enjoying the lecture and the experiences.
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by donjaz123(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Lol, we learn everyday

Zdoh:
Kudos guys i am enjoying the lecture and the experiences.
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Walterthaboss: 8:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Emmysky:
You know this arbitrage business model mostly involve you buying from AliExpress and shipping it to the buyer. If you have ever bought anything of AliExpress from Nigeria then I'm sure you're used to waiting for over a month to be delivered. A typical nigerian will of course grow impatient and probably think it's a scam cus the don't know that you outsourced the item with Ali's standard shipping which takes time. Unless you use delivery like DHL, the buyer waits for long.

For westerners and many others, it's quick. Like Biaheza said that before covid, deliveries are done with a week to a fulfilment center in US which from there ships it to the buyer's house.

So you see? It's hard dropshipping in Nigeria. There's a local dropshipping business model that's somewhat convenient for us Nigeria
I put all of this into consideration when I mentioned "Nigeria" check my second reply, you'll see where I suggested that the OP has an inventory of winning products. People in Nigeria are even afraid of paying for products online, talk more of waiting a while a whole month after payment. They'll just forget about the product sef grin
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Emmysky(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2020
Walterthaboss:

I put all of this into consideration when I mentioned "Nigeria" check my second reply, you'll see where I suggested that the OP has an inventory of winning products. People in Nigeria are even afraid of paying for products online, talk more of waiting a while a whole month after payment. They'll just forget about the product sef grin
Oh yeah.. I guess I missed that part. I truly think for someone to succeed at dropshipping in Nigeria is they'll take risks. Test a few products amongst our demographic and handle the shipping with DHL to ensure fast delivery. Afterwards, if the products perform well, you could stock up your inventory and sell the products directly here. This way hard and expensive Sha, na who get mind fit try am.

I myself am even thinking of getting into the E-commerce game but not as a dropshipping. Make I first scale my present business first Sha then enter more, one business every year is the goal. Aiming to be among the "Average" CEO before 25 grin Who no like answer CEO for life
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Walterthaboss: 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Emmysky:
Oh yeah.. I guess I missed that part. I truly think for someone to succeed at dropshipping in Nigeria is they'll take risks. Test a few products amongst our demographic and handle the shipping with DHL to ensure fast delivery. Afterwards, if the products perform well, you could stock up your inventory and sell the products directly here. This way hard and expensive Sha, na who get mind fit try am.

I myself am even thinking of getting into the E-commerce game but not as a dropshipping. Make I first scale my present business first Sha then enter more, one business every year is the goal. Aiming to be among the "Average" CEO before 25 grin Who no like answer CEO for life
Bro, do you have WhatsApp? We can connect on WhatsApp
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Walterthaboss: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
Emmysky:

NVM, I just saw you have your link in your signature.
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by slimjosh43: 1:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Emmysky:

Is this not the same as mini-importation?
Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by Emmysky(m): 2:09am On Nov 14, 2020
slimjosh43:

Is this not the same as mini-importation?
Dropshipping is an entirely different E-commerce business model from Mini importation. I guess the second part of my comment would seem like mini importation but not in it's entirety. Mini importation, you already done your research on scalable products in your area and import them in bulk but what I said involves a lot of product testing and then import an inventory with sole purpose of avoiding long delivery periods to this country which would keep your (impatient) customers in suspense and might even hurt your future conversions with them. So it's not mini importation in it's absolute sense, it's just you avoiding AliExpress's hassles

1 Like

Re: ⭐ Anyone Found Success With Dropshipping From Nigeria? ⭐ by EbubeNewton: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
Yes there are such people.

Here is a course by a Nigerian from Ibadan who has made it big internationally (Abdul Qawiyy).

This is a step-by-step blueprint to a stress-free model of E-commerce that has produced a lot of results in sales for everyday people.

This profit blueprint guides you on:
- How to find products that have a minimum of $50 dollar profit.
- How to find the right audience to sell to.
- How to create a complete funnel that will turn complete strangers to buyers.
- How to get mega traffic to your sales website.
- How to connect with payment gateways that will simplify the customer paying procedure.
- How to create an efficient email marketing system that follows up with prospective customers automatically.
- Connection with a company that helps you incorporate your business in the USA.
- How to create an actual brand in the long term.
- How to automate the process.
- How to get suppliers to help with the distribution of your goods.

You can send me a message if you are interested.

(1) (Reply)

Joint Venture : How It Works In Nigeria And The Benefits / This Is How To Invest Your 'idle' Money And Get DAILY Profit . / To Open Account With Zenith, Do Apg's,bid Bonds,etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.