Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide (11254 Views)

NYSC: The Most Favorable Place For Medical Doctor To Work? / NYSC: The 7 Sins Of Davido And Accompanying Sanctions / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by AdvisorOpe: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2020
The first money step at NYSC isn’t to save. Here’s a list of what to start with:

1. Gather as much information as you can on mandatory living expenses. What will it cost you to eat, rent a house, and move around in your place of primary assignment (PPA)?

2. Estimate the monthly cost, and compare that with your monthly earnings. Do you need to earn more?

3. If your projected monthly earnings can cover basic costs, determine how much you can save.

4. Determine what your money goals are. They could range from your rent to payments for certification exams.

What if your PPA doesn’t pay enough? Don’t fret here’s a five-step guide to picking for a side gig:

1. List out your interests. I assure that this will be long a one, and that’s just fine.

2. Ponder on them for about a week, preferably at the orientation camp. This will help you filter your options.

3. Pick out the interests that will let you work remotely.

4. Take short (free) courses online to polish interest related skills.

5. Jump on opportunities with confidence.

It doesn’t end there, you now need to make sure these opportunities find you. To ensure this, participate in online conversations around your interests. Go further and share experiments—like mock market pitches if you are into market research. Then, reach out to small firms with a portfolio of your experiments.

With all these done, you can then consider saving using Challenges—where you save with friends together—through service year. To avoid stories that touch, you can use platforms like Cowrywise. They offer a service for challenges that allows everyone withdraw only their savings + interests in the end.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2020
man proposes NYSC disposes

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2020
all these are essential
most NYSC guys feed their families even though they're serving.. life is not easy as it seems

14 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by lindareep: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
If you are in the teaching line or you can teach, arrange for private home lessons.
I almost turn weekend private lesson to a mini school settings during my service year.
I started with 2 students, I was taking them mathematics only for weekends.
Before 5-6months of service, I was already counting up to 8-10 students.
At that time, I don't even touch my alawe.

Meanwhile, beard growth oil is available for Lagos and Abuja clients at a discount price of N3,500 only!
Chat me up now to place order.

9 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by salbis(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
With barely 10k in 2008 serving in Owerri Imo state, i was unable to save nothing. Las las we thank God for where He don carry us reach.

7 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by CzarChris(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Mammy market that year grin.
Honestly, your true character comes out during NYSC, especially during the orientation camp. NYSC is practically the first time many young adults experience real freedom. So many are permitted to go a bit crazy, hence the misbehaving and apparent lack of planning by many. Don't take life too seriously, enjoy yourself. But also remember to flex with sense. ABEG!!!

4 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by naijadrivablog: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
!

Save in this time when ordinary onions is expensive? No way!
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Nysc
By God's grace and as a hard working Nigerian youth, I shall surely get there and have opportunity to serve my nation.
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
POVETY OR POVARTY or however you are spelled, JUST DIE ALREADY!
People are still planning how to save from 30K sad
Money wey no reach to feed well in a month.

4 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by lemon10(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
re
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Pavore9: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Savings...hmmm
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by FreshGraphical(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Nice one

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by GreaterFuture(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2020
To the Corpers, pick what you find useful there.

To whom it may concern :
if you need Maize, Groundnuts and/or Soyabean in large Quantity within Lagos, I can Supply you at a good Price. Serious persons only Please. Hit my contact in Siggy below
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by mide8989: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks op

In other news, join my telegram channel for daily basketball tips of average 1.86 odds that is delivering very well. We lost only twice in the last 14 days.

Today's game has been posted

Check my signature
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by ChibeKs(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Don't save oo. Invest in something or yourself.
No say I no tell you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Dididrumz(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
cry
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by rastaLivity: 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Really wanted to save during my nysc days, but the girls keep trooping in and junior gets hard easily. So tell me, how do you save to that lipsrsealed

I left more broke than I came in and there ain’t no shame in that

4 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by namiji2598: 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
@OP how much did u save? Abeg ooo
Na only ex kopas go understand

3 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by achymmania: 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Be deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Sheuns(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2020
The only thing that made me save during NYSC was that I had my business. So I didn’t even bother to touch the allawee for anything. And again I served in the north. Everything cheap.

4 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks for this...
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Antoeni(m): 10:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Bitcoin is Better
Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by whytediamond(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Poverty is a mind set. Not necessarily because of lack of work or effort.

You can labour all your life and still not succeed financially.

That's because you have to change the way you think.

Make I barb first.

2 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Heryormilekan(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Kudos OP! But Nigeria situation doesn't really suit most of the points you listed because some guys start sending money home out of there allowance to rescue family so does not really give avenue for savings.

1 Like

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by crossfm: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Ok we hear.

Its always easy to give advice.
The question is what will 20k do for you in this present Nigeria.

I served in Asaba in 2011,but to save was a big wahala.Not that I was using the money to flex oh,just getting the basic stuff to survive oh.

For me just go to camp with an open mind and be prudent is spending, that's just my advice.

Another advice is to make useful contacts, it will pave ways for you in future.

4 Likes

Re: How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide by Diamondplus1805(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Serve to Save

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? / 2018 Jamb Matriculation List, Nysc Error List And The Way Forward / Procedure For Claiming Unpaid NYSC Allowances?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.