Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo (4672 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Comfort Adokwe, Nasarawa State University Lecturer In Keffi / See The Prices Of Students Union Government Form In Uniuyo(photos) / 400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by WetinhappenPR: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
When we entered the University of Uyo, the first time this man came to the class, he announced, "I am Prof. Friday Okon, the most Wicked lecturer in this university. Students don't pass my course and I promise you, you will fail my course".

No sooner had he finished speaking these words than he walked up to a student who was giggling while he talked, told him to stand up and called him a useless fool.

We didn't only feel threatened, but we knew this certainly was the most Wicked lecturer. His actions matched his words.

Fast forwards to the first semester results, no result in the department had more As as his course, that same course he had told us no one passes.

We knew this man was just a bunch of kindness posing as a threat. Prof Okon does not just know all his students by name, he'll insult you for calling him just to hear from him, insult you for not calling him during the holiday and beat you in class for laughing even when he's said something funny.

You're never an intelligent student except a visitor comes while you're in his office then he'll introduce you to such a visitor as one of his best students.

Prof. Okon, alongside, Mr. Kufre ensured I completed my final year project on time. Anytime I go to the department, he'll call me off and ask me if I'm done, when I tell him no, he'll beat me up and call me a "useless fool with empty brain".

When I finally finished my project and submitted same, he asked me if I was done, I told him yes, and he told me that's, "how mad people do things, always wanting to be rushed". I requested for a picture with him and Mr. Kufre and he gladly obliged.

Today he made my fondness for him grow stronger, Prof. Okon despite his flaws and disposition towards shouting at, and beating up his students, has a very humane and soft part. He wasn't just there to see some of his students off, as they move for NYSC camps, but he also obliged to take pictures with them today at AKTC park, with smiles and prayers for success and protection.

He came to the park to bid us farewell, took pictures with us and still called us fools. Prof. Okon is such a lovely man who wants us to see him as a threat. But we have seen the mask and we have unmasked him. He's our favourite Wicked lecturer. �

I hope the Lord bless this man a lot.

By Loveday Mcjolly

https://noisemakerng.ng/2022/02/23/meet-prof-friday-okon-the-most-wicked-lecturer-in-the-department-of-english-university-of-uyo/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Awesomeness in crazy packages.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by rexesq(m): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
You are demoralised and you are happy. Oh! My Fela. You were indeed a prophet.
I am tempted to say you are indeed a fool
#sufferingandsmiling

7 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by wiseone28: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
suffering and smiling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Steve0979(m): 12:15am On Feb 24, 2022
U don fuk DAT girl I can bet u

3 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by SniperSmurf(m): 12:46am On Feb 24, 2022
So he beat you up physically on more than one occasion and called you a useless fool and you are celebrating him

4 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Dreytonisback(m): 12:54am On Feb 24, 2022
He's very right
Y'all are fooollllllls

6 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:07am On Feb 24, 2022
Suffering and smiling grin

He was actually right

WHy can't Nigerian lecturers make learning easy abeg

2 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:32am On Feb 24, 2022
rexesq:
You are demoralised and you are happy. Oh! My Fela. You were indeed a prophet. #sufferingandsmiling
weyrey
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Mooh247: 5:25am On Feb 24, 2022
This is how Military drill instructors train soldiers... They push you hard not because they hate you but because they are preparing you for hostile warzone

10 Likes

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Double0h7(f): 5:33am On Feb 24, 2022
What a confusing post! I hope you got his permission before you blasted him on the internet. This isn't a great review because I don't rate abuse and insults to motivate people. I won't celebrate him according to your review but I will celebrate and congratulate you for surviving and succeeding. Well done op!

1 Like

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:14am On Feb 24, 2022
Chai people are retårded in this country. FFS they already knew the real him after their first semester result (level one). The rest was 'just playing to his tunes'.

Over 300 people loved a man for who he is, y'all can suck it up with your opinions.

1 Like

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Nicepoker(m): 6:15am On Feb 24, 2022
Op most people here only read the thread's caption.
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2022
Nigerian youths love suffering and smiling
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Amos1423(m): 6:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Hope you know the worlds most crazy human being in person of James brown is in UK school today, even with all his craze still has both his colleagues respect him and even listen to him speak, I bet you, if James were to school here in Nigeria, wouldn't imagine the castration he would suffer in the hands of his colleague which are first of all his country people.

1 Like

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by stamapro(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2022
He beats you up?? That's the part I am not understanding. Why is a Professor teaching in a secondary school na? Nigeria, Buhari with all these complexities. He is a good person

1 Like

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 24, 2022
He should be fired for gross indecent behaviour. Not only does he verbally abuse his students, he always goes physical with them and you're here celebrating him?

This tells you how an average Nigerian think. Suffering and smiling, just as we're doing with Buhari.
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Psalmemmy(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2022
Legend have it that i dont give a Bleep ....
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by polite2(m): 8:27am On Feb 24, 2022
@OP people on this platform don't comprehend easily. Pls kindly take down this post before you put this innocent lecturer into trouble
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by BanevsJoker(m): 8:54am On Feb 24, 2022
stamapro:
He beats you up?? That's the part I am not understanding. Why is a Professor teaching in a secondary school na? Nigeria, Buhari with all these complexities. He is a good person
I was just about to ask this.

1 Like

Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by zeeace(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2022
That headline is misleading. Better change it. It's unnecessary.
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by 9jaBloke: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2022
My literature teacher in SS1 (Laaye) came to his first lesson with a bundle of sticks (pànkéré). He was so harsh and mean that we dreaded him immediately. He turned out to be a softie/comedian. We eventually loved him but that first impression kept us in check for a long time. He didn't get to use the sticks.

PS: his nickname, Laaye is from the poem 'Salute to the Elephant'. He was so dramatic with that poem that I hear his voice in my head each time I read it.
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:28am On Feb 24, 2022
same thing they did to Jesus,John the Baptist...if you talk truth like this...you are next ! they say Fela smoke weed but everybody love am except elites Nigerians and few of his own brothers from the west..They even threw his mother from window,a whole first woman to drive car I think,
Nobody whistle..

Yet another Kanu maybe he likes money or women,I don't care but I don't think that guy is lying in those facts he is dishing out and even igboho was now seeing things differently like corrupt Saul that changed to Paul.. He saw what he saw before he refused money to speak truth. Who like money pass am but werin baba see pass am and yet he's in Jail..

rexesq:
You are demoralised and you are happy. Oh! My Fela. You were indeed a prophet. #sufferingandsmiling
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Nwaotu10(m): 11:30am On Feb 24, 2022
Naselsite??
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by SportsHD: 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
wiseone28:
suffering and smiling
Stockholm syndrome grin
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by KingTom(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Steve0979:
U don fuk DAT girl I can bet u
Haba big bros grin
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by Richy4(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
I understand maybe reverse Psychology in all the write ups...

But don't call me a fool or beat me up because u want to teach me...

University is an adult environment.. treating adults that should be doing research and inventing new things that could benefit the world like idiots is a no no...

I have seen pictures were they ask adults to kneel down in a lecture hall.. it's just sad.. students that should be in one computer lab figuring out certain things..were subjected to kindergarten level..
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by sageb: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
That lecturer in English and literary studies department.
He is a nice man
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by viver1: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nice and touching. God bless that Prof. He has done his part in preparing you ahead, should you want to remain in a black manz country. May God see you through as you embark on your next step.
Re: Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo by MoneyGoDrop: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stockholm syndrome hold this one tight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know / Twins Who Committed Murder Together / University Of Abuja Remedial Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.