Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu (241 Views)

CBN Denies Freezing EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts / Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts / We Are Not Aware Of CBN Freezing #ENDSARS Leaders' Bank Accounts – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by AkuYAY: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ondo State governor Rotimi Akeredolu has defended the freezing of bank accounts belonging to some #EndSARS campaigners by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

“Speaking very honestly, I don’t see anything wrong in it,” Akeredolu said in an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.

“If for instance, my account was frozen, what would I do? All I would do is go back to court to explain.”

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in October froze the account of 20 persons alleged to have funded the two-week-long protest against harassment, extortion and extra-judicial killings by police personnel in the country.

Some of the accounts frozen by the apex bank were in Guaranty Trust Bank, Access Bank, Zenith Bank and other financial institutions.

The CBN argues that the accounts were being used to finance acts of terrorism in country, thereby, violating the Section 13(1)(a)and(b) of the Terrorism (Prevention)(Amendment) Act, 2013 and Regulation 31(2)(a)and (3)(b) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism Regulations, 2013.

https://ybtcnews.com/nothing-wrong-with-freezing-endsars-protesters-account-akeredolu/

Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by kristonium(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
I listened to him this morning, and I wondered how a SAN could be talking that way!

I was completely disappointed!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mutula
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by Kdon2: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
kristonium:
I listened to him this morning, and I wondered how a SAN could be talking that way!

I was completely disappointed!

Their brain has been infected by covid-19
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by ivolt: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Right.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by MajesticKris: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wen know... Same as there'll be nothing wrong wen NIGERIA comes to an End..

We are waiting for OUR COURT DATE...
HOPE YOU GUYS ARE READY...
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by IamFINESSE: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ewedu brain
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by sapientia(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mumu uncle
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by Fahdiga(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
And this man is a former president of NBA. I wonder how the judgement of cases he presided will look like
Re: Nothing Wrong With Freezing #endsars Protesters Account-akeredolu by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pictures showing what the carnage their incitement with fake news creatives caused.

The victims of their incitement deserves justice lest they too take the laws into their own hands.

While they have loads of cash in their own accounts, other people's means of livelihood and lives are gone.

(1) (Reply)

#usdecides2020 Us Election Security Officials Reject Trump's Fraud Claims / Imo State Assembly Speaker Impeached / Is Dr. chriss Ngige The Top Political In The South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.