Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

April Polls: It Is Between The Honest Men And Dishonest Men - Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April Polls: It Is Between The Honest Men And Dishonest Men - Bakare (560 Views)

Our Party Leaders Are Fraudulent, Shameful And Dishonest – Yakubu Dogara Group / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

April Polls: It Is Between The Honest Men And Dishonest Men - Bakare by LagosBoy1: 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
April polls: It’s between promise keepers and breakers - Bakare

| Print | E-mail
Written by Olayinka Olukoya
Wednesday, 16 March 2011
The vice-presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said that the forthcoming general election will be between the promise makers and the promise breakers.

He said this, on Monday, in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, when the presidential candidate of the party, General Muhammadu Buhari, paid a visit to the palace of the Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba (Dr) Adedotun Gbadebo, and the Osile of Oke-Ona Egba, Oba (Dr) Adedapo Tejuoso, as part of the zonal presidential visit of the party.

He said that the country would be free of corruption as soon as the party came to power by May 29, promising that the party would rebuild Nigeria as a virile nation.

Bakare said: “The 2011 election contest is not just between CPC and PDP; it is between the honest men and dishonest men, experienced people and those who are lucky. It is going to be between the incorruptible and corruptible.

“It is between the promise keepers and promise breakers.  And by the grace of God and the support of Kabiyesi and the people we will go and conquer and rebuild Nigeria.”

Buhari had earlier said that the party would address the problem of insecurity, corruption, unemployment, infrastructure and power.

He insisted that the CPC government would ensure that every leader was accountable to the people.

He said, “We are here to remind ourselves of the position this country find itself. We are here as your subjects to seek your support that the CPC rules the country as from May 29.

“We must rebuild infrastructure especially power, to enhance employment generation. Our party would ensure that all political office holders in the country are accountable to the people.”

Oba Tejuoso in his remarks said he believed in the Buhari/Bakare presidential ambition based on the fact that the duo men of great integrity and character.

He likened them to Joshua and Caleb in the Bible who gave the Israelites hopes and assurances that they could occupy Cannanland.

The royal father added, “I thank God for this opporutnity of meeting with leaders of one of the most formidable parties in the country today. We know the history of our aspiring president Buhari, whom we believe will be there by the grace of God.

“He is one of the foremost men of integrity in Nigeria.  As if that’s not enough, he  took on another man of integrity as his vice-president. I believe, they will get there. Not for anything, but because they are fearless, credible, transparent and honest.

“ These CPC leaders who are before me today are actually for change.  I can see Joshua Buhari and Caleb Bakare.  These are two Biblical men that after spying for Israel, two out of the 12 came back to the Israelites and gave a favourable report that, yes they can occupy the land.”

The Egba traditional ruler who reminded the visiting presidential candidate of  the motto of his secondary school, the Abeokuta Grammar School, which is “My character is greater than my books, urged him to always remember this when he get to office.

‘’Yes, CPC can, Yes, CPC will .  I sincerely hope that our aspiring president  would remember this  all the time, when he gets there. And by the grace of God, my prayers is that he  will get there. Not because of anything, but because he deserves it.

Governor Gbenga Daniel, who had earlier played host to the team, described the combination  of Buhari/ Bakare as very interesting.

He added that the party comprised good selection of talents and formidable team.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18981-april-polls-its-between-promise-keepers-and-breakers-bakare
Re: April Polls: It Is Between The Honest Men And Dishonest Men - Bakare by sleekman(m): 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
Joshua Buhari and Caleb Bakare. Hmmm very thoughtful. Change has come.
Re: April Polls: It Is Between The Honest Men And Dishonest Men - Bakare by felele(m): 11:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Bakare who lied against God in 2003 is talking about honesty shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end. Is this not the guy who said from the pulpit that God had told him that Obasanjo would not win the elections in 2003?? Is he not the same guy who said, after Obasanjo won the same election, that he would die within a few days of being sworn in??

Not surprising at all that the man he's deputising for is a renowned Fulani irredentist and ethnic cleanser extraordinaire. Buhari treated all Fulani corruption suspects during his short reign with kid gloves, while killing off all the southern ones he could, systematically and slowly, even though some of his victims were innocent of the charges.

At least no one can accuse Goodluck Jonathan of ethnic cleansing, and Sambo is a renowned upright and very creative architect, a good example for the young Northerners of today to follow.

I'm voting Goodluck-Sambo joor. We saw what happened to the NIPP thing after Obasanjo left. I'm not going to let that happen again now that Goodluck-Sambo have restarted NIPP and are completing the power stations one by one.

Goodluck-Sambo ni jooor.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians, Especially The Northern Part Are Blind People. / Uduaghan Fidgets As Paul Obanua Challenges Him And Other Candidates For A Debate / How To Answer The Salary Question During Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.