Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption (19309 Views)

Police Dismiss Kogi Inspector Over Extortion (Photo) / Reno Omokri Blasts Southerners Over Murder Of Fatima & Her 4 Kids In Anambra / Failed Strike: Police Dismiss Nine Personnel Over Failed Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by lalasticlala(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2020
Murder, corruption, others: Police dismiss 10 officers in Lagos

The Lagos State Police Command has dismissed no fewer than 10 of its personnel for various offences ranging from murder, discreditable conduct, excessive use of power, corruption among others.

The state Police Command Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, in a statement on Wednesday, entitled “Lagos command kicks against indiscipline, dismisses 10 personnel”, noted that some of the affected personnel were attached to Lagos State Police Command, while others were serving at various police formations within Lagos State.

According to him, “In its bid to promote discipline and core values of policing in Lagos State, the Police Command has tried 81 personnel for various criminal and disciplinary offences that were committed between October 2019 and October 2020.

“The offences range from murder, discreditable conducts, excessive use of power, corrupt practices to negligence.

“Ten personnel were dismissed. In addition, 18 of the men were reduced in ranks and 29 were awarded N10 major entries and warning letters accordingly.

“Others were awarded extra fatigue, while 16 of the men were discharged and acquitted for want of evidence.

“The personnel tried in the orderly room proceedings conducted at various locations in Lagos State included 45 inspectors.

“Similarly, some senior officers of the command have been queried for various disciplinary offences and the queries are being processed at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, for necessary action and punishments.

“The trials were instituted based on a series of complaints/allegations levelled against them.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/murder-corruption-others-police-dismiss-10-officers-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by YoonSung59: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2020
Dismiss and prosecute them

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by GallantDuke(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2020
Prosecute them to serve as a deterrent to their likes still in the force that are giving the Police force a bad name

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Righteousness89(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2020
If Men would Dismiss and Deal with fellow men for their evil ways, then imagine what will be the fate of all who reject God's Free Gift of Salvation and continue to indulge in their nefarious and Wicked ways!
There is a Way that looks good to man, the End is Destruction and Death..
Today is a Day of Salvation and Repentance for Somebody. Don't let it pass you by..
The next Moment is not Guaranteed!!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by November1857(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2020
If na corruption, 98% of personal in Nigeria police force are corrupt !
The fight against corruption would have started from Nigerian police , if Buhari were sincere....

7 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by DenreleDave(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2020
undecided

Good work.......
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Racoon(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2020
Dismissed only? What next? No prison terms or death by hanging too? Inconclusive trial.

12 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by ATEAMS: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.

1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by inoki247: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
10 new dismissed police just join the armed robbery, Kidnapping WhatsApp group they can now start full time...

5 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by OmodavidoX(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
Good development
Justice must prevail. Meanwhile please check my signature for professional graphics designs

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by cjudy(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
Audio Dismiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by chukwuibuipob: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
sad sad To all the criminals that looted police guns,pos,return em sad
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by fasho01(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Right step in the right direction

Hope this serves as a deterrent to others.
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Kingpele(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Wow in life ,we need to be compassionate in dealing with our fellow human being,no body knows tomorrow ,u might have power today and become powerless tomorrow,you might be young,rich and famous today only to become the opposite tomorrow...so be humble and perform your duties diligently ...today is my wedding anniversary the ninth year in marriage...I thank you Lord for the gift of my darling wife into my life and my cute little kings and queens u have blessed me with...and for your profound benefits to me ..Am grateful Lord my God

6 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by atobs4real(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Out of the corrupt police officers, only 10 is very verdict.
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by ipobarecriminals: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
sad Good.They are more than 10 sha
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by mayskit4luv(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
GallantDuke:
Prosecute them to serve as a detriment to their likes still in the force that are giving the Police force a bad name
Determent you mean?

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by mayskit4luv(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
Good one.
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by SpicyMimi(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
Hummm
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by RedScorpion(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
No jail time for the murderers ?

When would all the corrupt and ritualist politicians be dismissed ?

If this is not fake news, what else is fake news ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
End police brutality
this is the first step, this is the measure the higher ups should have taken all this time
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by AFULA(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
okay
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by oxiide22(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
Amazing
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Otunski: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2020
Only dismissal for such serious crime? We are not ready for any positive change in this country.
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2020
ONLY DISMISS..........
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by bragamycin: 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Are they faceless officers like nairaland visitors?
Are the officers nameless ?
With the way police has been dismissing officers (Audio) over 3 years, we shouldn’t have up to 500 police men in Lagos state

3 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by omooba969(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by whytediamond(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
If Men would Dismiss and Deal with fellow men for their evil ways, then imagine what will be the fate of all who reject God's Free Gift of Salvation and continue to indulge in their nefarious and Wicked ways!
There is a Way that looks good to man, the End is Destruction and Death..
Today is a Day of Salvation and Repentance for Somebody. Don't let it pass you by..
The next Moment is not Guaranteed!!

So says Trump.

How you think God will destroy all humans because of our sins (nature) still baffles me.

Even Mr. Righteousness89 isn't guaranteed a slot in heaven. Because our Righteousness is of God and not of a nairalander that can't boast of not committing a sin the next minute.

If only we can preach true love and not fear, people will be saved indeed.

Let love lead. Say no to spamming in the name of Righteousness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption by accuratejob1(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Way to go

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Police Arrest Former Governorship Candidate Over ₦‎607m Patricia Cyber Attack / Military Troops Launch Offensive Against Boko Haram In Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.