Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ (10708 Views)

What Is The NSE Circuit Breaker And Why Was It Activated On 12Nov2020? / Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance / MTN Nigeria Gains N184b On First Day Of Trading On The NSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by gymer(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
The Nigerian Stock Exchange ("NSE" or "The Exchange"wink has announced that a market-wide circuit breaker kicked in today, Thursday, November 12, 2020, at 12:55p.m, when the NSE All-Share Index (NSE ASI) rose beyond the set threshold of 5%, triggering a 30-minute trading halt of all stocks. This was the first time that the circuit breaker had kicked in since its introduction in 2016.

The Circuit Breaker protocol was triggered by the increase of the NSE ASI from 33,268.36 to 34,959.39. The market reopened at exactly 1:25p.m. with a 10-minute intraday auction session, before resuming continuous trading till the close of the day at 2:30p.m.

During the halt of trading, no order could be placed until trading resumed. However, existing orders could be withdrawn or canceled​ but could not be modified. Trading halts did not affect the clearing, settlement, and depository operations for matched trades, as these functioned as normal. Furthermore, all existing orders keyed in prior to the trading halt were re-activated and were matched upon resumption of trading. ​​
http://www.nse.com.ng/mediacenter/news_and_events/Pages/nse-triggers-circuit-breaker-to-guard-against-sharp-market-fluctuations.aspx

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Orissodiq: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Yeeeeeee!!!! I can't believe my eyes.... Please tell me this is not a joke please. I was a guest on NAIRALAND for
around 2 years + because of personal reasons before I finally registered on August 2019. I know making "FIRST TO COMMENT IS A HELL" smiles.. Dia was a time i didn't slip up till 3am just hoping to make dat ...
I dedicate dis space to almighty God and pray for a better NIGERIA where a children of nobody can make it without knowing anybody and corrupt free.

18 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by slawormiir: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
I swear i nor get wetin i fit yarn for this kind topic

banom:
Nice strategy. Watch as most Nigerian youths will avoid this post as most of them lack the knowledge of finance in general and financial trading in particular. Ignorance is one of the greatest problems we have as black people.

Ogbeni....nor dey foam smart..
Area of specialization nor dey exist for where you dey

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by GreaterFuture(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sigh...
Nigerians Stand up for the Right thing pls, Rich or Poor, Illiterate or Educated, Yoruba or Igbo, Christian or Muslim, Leader or Follower etc. Just do the right thing. That is all I have to say here #peace

If you need Maize, Groundnuts and/or Soyabean in large Quantity within Lagos, I can Supply you. Serious persons only Please. Hit my contact in Siggy below

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Englov(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ok

Meanwhile, Check my signature
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by bigdammyj: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Noted
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria stock has been on a rally for a while now. Time to invest in the stock market

4 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by LibertyRep: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
The OP or any other person will do well to educate us on the implication of this ' circuit breaker ' on the economy of the country and that of the average Nigerian.
Thank you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Heffalump(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
NSE is the worst performing stock market in the world in 2020. What a record!

Not impressive!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nice strategy. Watch as most Nigerian youths will avoid this post as most of them lack the knowledge of finance in general and financial trading in particular. Ignorance is one of the greatest problems we have as black people.

14 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by samuelson06(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Meaning?

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by sammirano: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
See term.
Nig investment sector is wack with limited regulation. Intelligent market participants with good information can circumvent the system and gain undue advantage. Simply put. It is not efficient, informational and allocation.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Benesis: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hw many people understand this one sef, may someone summarize hw e go take affect us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Taciturn1: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Any economist in the house?
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Enudapan: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Someone should read explain nd summarize
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Omezif(m): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Waiting to hear the next triger from the circut breaker may be it will triger again to 10% or shorter but i think less is better.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by GoshenNLA(m): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dollar don fall?

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by hardbody: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lazy Yoots.....They do not even understand what is being said here. So no Comments. Very soon some will come and blame Ipod, others will say it is South West and others yet will come and blame the northern block. Issues that border on market indices is an area that they know nothing, absolutely nothing about.

Do not come for me ooo, I am not even feeling well.

6 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by ecolime(m): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Which kind nonsense news be this?

Loads of technical jargons yet the country is at a standstill.

Always report news with simple and concise grammar.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by leisuretym: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
I swear i nor get wetin i fit yarn for this kind topic

Yeah we know , the topic is not for someone like you, I don't comment on every thread

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by drLammy(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Yeye
Na only when investors dey earn Big them know how to switch off ni? grin
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
LibertyRep:
The OP or any other person will do well to educate us on the implication of this ' circuit breaker ' on the economy of the country and that of the average Nigerian.
Thank you.

It has no implication on the economy per say. It is a market practice to reset the market to normalcy.

4 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Officialhorlah(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
ecolime:
Which kind nonsense new be this?

Because you are ignorant of financial trading

4 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by blinking001(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is........
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by ecolime(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:

Because you are ignorant of financial trading
Then make it known. We watch/read foreign news and even a perpetual dummy will understand what they are talking about.

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by drLammy(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
Heffalump:

You're Jonzing bruh

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by naijadrivablog: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
I hope they don't cause "short circuiting" because this economy get short fuse.

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Heffalump:

Say what you know and stop exhibiting your ignorance in a public forum

4 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by victons(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Damnnn niggurr
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by LibertyRep: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:

It has no implication on the economy per say. It is a market practice to reset the market to normalcy.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Shares For Sale / Have you tried Freebie Marketing on FreeStuffsNG ? / How Can I Be Saving My Money In US Dollars (or Other Foreign Currencies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.