Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

Ikwerre Is Bini Land - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerre Is Bini Land (2148 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / Onitsha Is A Bini Land, We Want It Back / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by Yomit71(m): 5:19am On Nov 15, 2020
Edeyoung:

We benins are not d one dragging igbos
Na una people dey do am the op is ibo like u

We were on our own wen wike claim they came from benin

Make una leave us for waist
oh you mean senseless Igbos?
Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by RedboneSmith(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2020
OP, you should be aware that the more you people make taunting posts like this, the more other Nigerians lose respect for your people (i.e., the Igbos.)

I don't know how difficult it is to just ignore people and groups who do not want to identify as Igbo. It is not as if they even add significantly to your number.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Igbos and inferiority complex no b for this world....so because wike don disown una, them don turn Bini....and some other ipob fool on some other thread dey talk sey Bini be Igbo people.....wetin b una issue.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by OfficialAPCNig: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
I am Igbo, I don't recognize Ikwerre as Igbos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by JasperVII(m): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2020
This dude is taking it personal

Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by AntiIgbo: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2020
[s]
Bonesking:
Ikwerre’s are Bini! The founder of Ikwerre called Akalaka is a Benin Prince (Pronounced Aka ‘l’ aka in Bini language). Ikwerre real name is Iwhnurọhna before the Igbos changed it to Ikwerre during the old eastern region.

The Oba of Benin will soon select the next Enogie to rule over his Ikwerre subjects. The Oba during his last visit to Governor Osanyeso Owaiken (formerly called Nyesom Wike) has informed Ogbako Ikwerre of his noble plans to change their social-cultural organization to Omo’n’edoIkwerregbovo.

To match words with action, the next Igue festival in former (Rumumoku) now called Oredomoku will come up in December. They will need five fresh Ikwerre heads for sacrifice during the ceremony. The aim of the human heads is to cleanse all form of Igbo connections in the now reclaimed Bini land. Osalogbua must be praised!
[/s]
Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by AlphaSoul: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Tranquill:
Isn't it funny that among the 3 tribes of Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, it is only the Igbos that come online to argue and insult on whether someone is Igbo or not. If you say you are not, you become enemy of Igbo, Igbo hater or igbophobic as some of them put it.

Don't you guys think that you are making people to believe that there's nothing special about being Igbo, the reason people don't want to identify with the brand?

Now you talk about people using Igbo identity at the national level, but I don't remember Igbo politician who has commanded followership at the national level using the Igbo brand. If anything, the Igbo brand is a liability in national politics since Igbos hate everyone and see every other tribes or ethnic groups as their enemy. Goodluck Jonathan is a living witness.

You don't see the Yorubas come online to insult people about claiming or not claiming to be Yoruba. You don't see the Hausas come online to insult people about claiming or not claiming Hausa. Infact in the North, you still find some tribes like Gwandara with historical ties with the Hausas, have the same names with very little differences in their languages and culture, yet they are respected as Gwandara. Same with some other tribes.

You come online daily to make people think that the Hausa/ Fulani people are bad and evil, but there is nothing in your attitudes or characters that shows that you are not worst than they are.

Open a thread daily about Ikwerre people. Say all that you like but it will not stop you from doing your biafra with your five Igbo states.

You have little opportunity now to build bridges especially with your immediate neighbors otherwise Igbo presidency will become a mirage just like your demonic SE/SS biafran pipedream.

N/B the latest now is that Kamara Harris is Igbo just like George Floyd, after the embarrassing procession in Igboland in support of Donald OKECHUKWU Trump. Ona no get shaaame!??
Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by AlphaSoul: 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
silentoperator:
I am from Omoku in Ogba Kingdom of Rivers State. My late grandfather told me that Akalaka migrated from ancient bini kingdom. He had two children Ekpeye and Ogba. If it was not so, he wouldn't have said it. Based on this, i make bold to say that i am not igbo though i don't have anything against the igbo man in fact they are among my best friends at home.
Ah! Do you guys still have 24/7
electricity from your gas-rich
fields in Omoku?

I noticed your kings use the
Oba title as well but you have
Iboid names.

What is the meaning of Ogba in your language? In the Yoruba
language, it means "compound
or premises."

Second, decades back, I read
about an ancestor of the Ogba people called "Okoya" and the name sounds coincidentally Yoruba... Like the family names
of the the billionaire business
moguls and cousins:
Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas and Alhaji Rasaq Okoya of Eleganza Group.

Do you know the full meaning
or etymology of Okoya in Ogba kingdom?

Finally, the Olukumis of Delta North (just like the Esans, Urhobos, and branches of Anioma) who are of Yoruba descent (traders, Yoruba soldiers in the Bini kingdom army, etc), also left Bini kingdom in
different waves due to socio-political upheavals, and were the first to settle in their current towns in Aniocha North LGA.

The Olukumi people speak a
dialect of the Yoruba (Olukumi language) and Ibo language due
to acculturation from nearby
non-Olukumineighbours.

The migration to Onitsha by migrants from Bini kingdom (Idu settlement) to join the Igalas who are the original settlers of Onitsha in Anambra also occured. The Igalas who were the boat men took the migrants (from Bini kingdom) across river Niger 400 years ago, according to the Obi of Onitsha in a 2018 Ofala festival documentary that I saw. The Obi even said he has Bini, Igala and Ibo ancestries in that documentary.

So I believe your Omoku origin story of migration. Rivers is not geographically too far from Delta
or Edo.

Thanks.
Re: Ikwerre Is Bini Land by ThickSharon123(f): 12:54am On Aug 17, 2021
HAccord:
Ikwerres are migrant descendants of escapee Bini slaves.

For public information, Ikwerre are not Igbo, they are the descendants of Iwhuruosa a Bini slave who escaped his captors via the tributaries of River Niger and landed in ancient Igboland. They later would modify the name to 'Iwhuruoha' as the Igbos they met would pronounce the name of their progenitor. Later they came to be known as Ikwerre and I will tell you how.

In Igbo the word Ikwerre means 'I agree/accept', the Igbo gave them that name because when they were looking for land to settle after escaping from Bini, anywhere the Igbo gave them to settle, they thank their Igbo hosts by saying 'I kwerre', a corruption of the phrase the phrase 'Ayi kwerre' which means 'We agree/accept' in Igbo.

That's the true hidden story of how Ndi Ikwerre came to be where they are today. Go and ask any honest old man around Imo/river axis. I'm from that area myself, they'll tell you- Ndi Ikwerre abughi Ndigbo, ha biara-abia. They are not Igbos, they are escapee slaves from ancient Bini kingdom.

They are just not keen in making their Bini heritage public because it undermines them as descendants of Bini slaves but prefer to align with Igbo identity only when it suits them because of the majority status that Ndigbo enjoy

Are you sure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? / Any Edo People Here? / How Music Has Evolved So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.