Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,322 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage (842 Views)

Ikwere: Igbo Or Edo; An Insight Into The History Of Ikwere People / Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Odingo1: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2020
Ikwere have been trying to convince other Nigerians that they are not Igbos because every other minority tribes in Nigeria like Bini,Isoko, Efik, Ibibio,Egun,Itsekiri etc all have their indigenous native spoken languages while Ikwere have no native language except the Igbo language they are speaking and bearing of Igbo names.They said they are from Bini but doesn’t have any atom of Bini language in Igbo language they are speaking neither do they bear any Bini names.

If they are not Igbos what is their original mother tongue.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by YoonSung60: 8:13am On Nov 13, 2020
Their problem
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by donbachi(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2020
If ikwerre says they are not ibos..make una leave dem na.na by force?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Kingof2nations(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2020
one of the the consequences of the the civil war to the Igbo nation sp unfortunate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Uzomacharles: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2020
Lol
Ikwerre people funny sha
They think igbos will collect there land grin grin grin...
Them say dem no be igbo,dem no be Yoruba,Dem no be Hausa.....
#ProblemNoDeyFinish

Na this case dey vex WIKE grin grin
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by AdaugoChisom(f): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2020
There's a town in Nsukka known as Ezike-oba, my grandmother told me that the founder of the 36 communities is a prince from Bini kingdom who ran away to avoid persecution from his father. Tho they speak Igbo fluently and they have their own Ezike Igbo dialect. They acknowledge that their ancestor is from Bini but they don't share anything in common with Bini kingdom.
It is known in some history books that Yorubas are from Egypt, does it mean that Egypt should come and claim the Oduduwa kingdom? You people have problem in this forum.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2020
mchewww

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by rtdCivilservant: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:
Ikwere have been trying to convince other Nigerians that they are not Igbos because every other minority tribes in Nigeria like Bini,Isoko, Efik, Ibibio,Egun,Itsekiri etc all have their indigenous native spoken languages while Ikwere have no native language except the Igbo language they are speaking and bearing of Igbo names.They said they are from Bini but doesn’t have any atom of Bini language in Igbo language they are speaking neither do they bear any Bini names.

There original mother's tongue was Spanish. I say this because I am a historian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2020
River's people must be Igbo by force and there is nothing they can do about it....

Again, Igbo always engaging their mouth rather than their brains...

How can you sit down and narrate a story that clearly shows River people's are ñot Igbo and you still want them to accept the Igbo nationality by force...

This life nor balance...

America is a nation state and Israel is a nation state, just because they share similarities in religion, does not make them the same people

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:

You lack self respect. Respect is earned.

The way you guys opens thread just about one people speaks volume how you see yourself and your community inferior to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by SmartPolician: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:

See wetin joblessness dey cause

They are not Igbos, and so what?

Gini mezie?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by loveth360(f): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
What they say or believe shouldn't be Igbos concern.

But They should just add Rumu to all their name and all their words,with that they have gotten for themselves difference identity from Igbos.

If not they are omo ibo to yorubas and nyamiri to hausafulanisgrin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Vanzcharles(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Zzor:
mchewww

Lol, what's the problem?
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Vanzcharles(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2020
loveth360:
What they say or believe shouldn't be Igbos concern.

But They should just add Rumu to all their name and all their words,with that they have gotten for themselves difference identity from Igbos.

If not they are omo ibo to yorubas and nyamiri to hausafulanisgrin
grin

They only add R...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Lol, what's the problem?
ikwere people can decide to be anything,im wondering why op is bothered.Meanwhile I also heard ikwere people are very wicked and fetish

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Lipscomb(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2020
I just wish seun can censor that word ikwerre on nairaland. I'm fvking tired of hearing this.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by noleflendum: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2020
Tribe grabber and unity beggar
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Vanzcharles(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Zzor:
ikwere people can decide to be anything,im wondering why op is bothered.Meanwhile I also heard ikwere people are very wicked and fetish

Lol, in my own opinion the op should take a transport down to Ikwerre land and ask for explanations from their chiefs oo..

Fetish and wicked kwa grin
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Lol, in my own opinion the op should take a transport down to Ikwerre land and ask for explanations from their chiefs oo..

Fetish and wicked kwa grin
i heard so
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2020
Umunne, I am begging in the name of the creator of heaven and earth to stop posting things like.

Why most the name of our tribe be in nairaland from from morning till, everyday of the year.

Too much circulation makes the price to go down.
If you guys go on posting about your tribe, others will soon withdraw the little respect they have you.

Biko

Biko

Biko
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by chatinent: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
There's a town in Nsukka known as Ezike-oba, my grandmother told me that the founder of the 36 communities is a prince from Bini kingdom who ran away to avoid persecution from his father. Tho they speak Igbo fluently and they have their own Ezike Igbo dialect. They acknowledge that their ancestor is from Bini but they don't share anything in common with Bini kingdom.
It is known in some history books that Yorubas are from Egypt, does it mean that Egypt should come and claim the Oduduwa kingdom? You people have problem in this forum.

About the Egypt part, your granny is likely to be wrong.

Does it mean she has a problem too? No. History is most times biased.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by sapientia(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

Valid observation.

Very valid.

You pointed out a very salient point without taking sides.

Nice one.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by gidgiddy: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2020
You meet an Ikwerre man, he says he is Igbo. You meet another Ikwerre man, he says he is Bini. You meet the third Ikwerre man, he says he is neither Igbo nor Bini, he is just Ikwerre. Confusion everywhere!

Ikwerres should go and sort out this identity crisis that has engulfed them
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by chatinent: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2020
History has it that for fear of being martyred by the Nigerian Army, the Ikwerreans denounced being Igbo during the civilization.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by vanunu: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:

Get it into your coconut head, the Ikwerres are not Igbos, they are Bini slaves that escaped from Benin and landed in Igweocha. over the years they succeeded in learning Igbo language.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Odingo1: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You lack self respect. Respect is earned.

The way you guys opens thread just about one peope speaks volume how you see yourself and your community inferior too them.
You suffering from inferiority complex, face your tribe
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Odingo1: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2020
vanunu:

Get it into your coconut head, the Ikwerres are not Igbos, they are Bini slaves that escaped from Benin and landed in Igweocha. over the years they succeeded in learning Igbo language.
Then they are Igbos if they don’t have or retain their Bini mother tongue.
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2020
gidgiddy:
You meet an Ikwerre man, he says he is Igbo. You meet another Ikwerre man, he says he is Bini. You meet the third Ikwerre man, he says he is neither Igbo nor Bini, he is just Ikwerre. Confusion everywhere!

Ikwerres should go and sort out this identity crisis that has engulfed them

U have said this more than one thousand times, and nobody seem to consider ur post.

Why don't respect urself and stop mentioning the name of a tribe that doesn't want to associate with you.

Majority carries the vote.
The ones amongst them that say "we and south east are of the same tribe", are just mininority. Therefore you can't claim their tribe when majority of them don't want associate with you.

Please I beg you in the name of the almighty to let these be what the want to be.

If you continue this way nobody will respect for your tribe again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:

You suffering from inferiority complex, face your tribe

You are the one, you and your likes suffering from strong inferiority complex.

All the threads you guys keep creating, how many even one an Ikwerre person has created.

Inferiority is in born because you see yourself way below them..
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by survivor10(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2020
ChangedMan1999:

U have said this more than one thousand times, and nobody seem to consider ur post.

Why don't respect urself and stop mentioning the name of a tribe that doesn't want to associate with you.

Majority carries the vote.
The ones amongst them that say "we and south east are of the same tribe", are just mininority. Therefore you can't claim their tribe when majority of them don't want associate with you.

Please I beg you in the name of the almighty to let these be what the want to be.

If you continue this way nobody will respect for your tribe again.

See tribalist trying to appeal for respect
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2020
Zzor:
mchewww
Which one u be sef, hausa fulani?
Re: Why Ikwere People Is Finding It Difficult To Deny Their Igbo Heritage by HAccord: 10:25am On Nov 13, 2020
Wike should bring out that money and hire Bini teacher to Iwhuruosa (Ikwerre) people their long forgotten language.

It should be called Re-bininization project under the Education Department in Ikwerre Local government Areas.

Ohaneze should warn them to bearing Igbo names such as Emeka, Amaechi, Chidalu etc, Chibuike, we need to know who is who in this country, so that when they commit crimes we can easily point to their father's house. There are plenty names they can adopt. Osahon, Osaze, Efua, Ewurudjhakpor are all nice Bini names they can adopt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Advice To IPOB / ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns / What Would You Do As A Soldier Or Policeman If UGM Do This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.