Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? (1131 Views)

Can A Person With Bsc Pharmacology Go For Masters In Nursing In USA / Has Anyone With A Degree From Benin Republic Gone For Masters In Canada O The UK / Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Good day nairalanders...

Pls i need your advice on this, i am currently planning to have a career change and i desire to drift into the IT world, my plan is to do my masters abroad and study Business Information Technology but my agent who is guiding me through the application process and all is telling me it will be difficult for me to get an admission base on the fact that i do not have a computer background, i wasn't happy coz my heart is already set on IT, pls i need your advise on what to do and anyone who has passed thru this phase before should help contribute pls...

And pls, what are my chances of securing a job abroad (am considering UK) with a masters in Business Information Technology but a BSc in Medical Biochemistry.
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by bigtt76(f): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2020
Exactly... your agent is correct, you need a computer science background or having worked in a professional capacity for a given number of years. Best option for you might be a Masters degree in Biomedical technology or something in that direction

Dharey55:
Good day nairalanders...

Pls i need your advice on this, i am currently planning to have a career change and i desire to drift into the IT world, my plan is to do my masters abroad and study Business Information Technology but my agent who is guiding me through the application process and all is telling me it will be difficult for me to get an admission base on the fact that i do not have a computer background, i wasn't happy coz my heart is already set on IT, pls i need your advises on what to do and anyone who has passed thru this phase before should help contribute pls...

And pls, what are my chances of securing a job abroad (am considering UK) with a masters in Business Information Technology but a BSc in Medical Biochemistry.
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2020
bigtt76:
Exactly... your agent is correct, you need a computer science background or having worked in a professional capacity for a given number of years. Best option for you might be a Masters degree in Biomedical technology or something in that direction

But av seen some people who are studying IT now but did something different in their undergraduate study
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by dawnomike(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2020
Dharey55:
Good day nairalanders...

Pls i need your advice on this, i am currently planning to have a career change and i desire to drift into the IT world, my plan is to do my masters abroad and study Business Information Technology but my agent who is guiding me through the application process and all is telling me it will be difficult for me to get an admission base on the fact that i do not have a computer background, i wasn't happy coz my heart is already set on IT, pls i need your advise on what to do and anyone who has passed thru this phase before should help contribute pls...

Contact the admission office of the university you have in mind via their website... Ask directly yourself. Don't just depend on what your 'Agent' tells you!
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by lindareep: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2020
I know how frustrating this might sound "..it will be difficult for me to get an admission base on the fact that i do not have a computer background" ^Agent

My brother, simply start afresh, just imagine after the pathways shit... Biochemistry
is nothing but a useless course in Nigeria...
Dharey55:
Good day nairalanders...

Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by chatinent: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Normally, it doesn't work that way.

Abnormally, in Nigeria, you can.
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2020
dawnomike:
Contact the admission office of the university you have in mind via their website... Ask directly yourself. Don't just depend on what your 'Agent' tells you!
owk, i will do this, thanks
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2020
Very hard. You can try universities in Brazil but you would need Portuguese. Only very few universities in Europe allow you to do that without a computer science background. In Asia, it depends on the advisor or supervisor. Forget about the biomedical technology someone mentioned. Do everything to enter computer science o so you can see work.

I did Marine engineering presently looking to do a master's in computer science and it's fucking hard to get a place. I already know how to code men but men it's so Hard. Undergraduates study important courses O.
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by bigtt76(f): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Yes but do you know their background in Computer science? Or if they had self-learnt IT and worked briefly in the field before going to study it as a Masters degree? But again, we all did computer science at one point in our undergraduate days, what level did you stop taking computer science classes?

Dharey55:

But av seen some people who are studying IT now but did something different in their undergraduate study
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by manneger2: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2020
I know in some European countries you can switch, I know about czech Republic, I read biochemistry also and will be going for MSc informatics at Czech Republic, I have emailed them they said I can, beside I don't know about ur school biochemistry but mine we did some IT courses like computer application in year1 and year 2 like intro to computer programming.
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
manneger2:
I know in some European countries you can switch, I know about czech Republic, I read biochemistry also and will be going for MSc informatics at Czech Republic, I have emailed them they said I can, beside I don't know about ur school biochemistry but mine we did some IT courses like computer application in year1 and year 2 like intro to computer programming.
owk, thanks for this info...am applying to UK schls tho,besides how many years is your masters program ?
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
Dharey55:
owk, thanks for this info...am applying to UK schls tho,besides how many years is your masters program ?
There are lots of schools in the UK that accept people from other courses into their IT department. Most of them have courses like Information Technology which is basically for people outside of the IT background.
Try
Teesside University
Sheffield hallam university
Kingston university
UCL
Birmingham City University
Etc

2 Likes

Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Billions123: 12:44am On Nov 15, 2020
Dharey55:
Good day nairalanders...

https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/665#95945716

Read this particular page on the usa students visa thread, a guy with BSc accounting got admission for masters in an IT course.

1 Like

Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2020
Simran94:

There are lots of schools in the UK that accept people from other courses into their IT department. Most of them have courses like Information Technology which is basically for people outside of the IT background.
Try
Teesside University
Sheffield hallam university
Kingston university
UCL
Birmingham City University
Etc

Owk, will check them out
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by Dharey55(m): 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
Billions123:

https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/665#95945716

Read this particular page on the usa students visa thread, a guy with BSc accounting got admission for masters in an IT course.

Thanks, but am considering UK schls
Re: Can A BSc Biochemistry Holder Go For Masters In Information Technology ? by autolearner: 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dharey55:
Good day nairalanders...

And pls, what are my chances of securing a job abroad (am considering UK) with a Masters in Business Information Technology but a BSc in Medical Biochemistry.

Good Evening Dare,

Not to knock your efforts, but Master's requires a lot of independent research, especially for Master's degree done outside of this country. I also dare say that you do not need to use an agent before you land yourself a candidacy as a Master's degree student in IT especially in the UK.

Like people have shared in the responses, please do well to email schools that fit within your budget and technology aspirations. IT is pretty wide and can quickly get complex. Ensure you apply for something you're able to sustain your interest in.

Very best wishes in your search.

(1) (Reply)

Canada Or Australia? / Museum Showing The Bags Of Africans That Died Crossing The Mediterranean Sea / Chime’s Aide Urges Participation In American Visa Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.