Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? (1058 Views)

Atiku: What I Will Do Differently To Put Nigeria’s Economy On Right Path / If Nigeria Was Governed By Russia President? What Will Be Your Take On This! / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by BlackAdam55(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
favor914:
Ebele Jonathan should be in prison for gross incompetence, mismanagement, & stealing of public funds. When next he is offered a position he is not up to par with, we would reject the Greek offer.
And What about the likes of obasanjo and co?

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
wizzie001:
This is sincerely not a GOOD TIME to be a Nigerian, fellow citizens. We all keep waking up to all sort of different negative surprises.

Its no news everything has gone way overboard in recent time, from price of fuel, to electricity tarriff, all sort of foodstuffs is now competing with price of gold, and even onions cry. Haba...

High level of unemployment, underemployed graduates and the unending face off of ASUU & THE GOVT seems to have been normalised by this government. What has become of the N-power, the un-ending initiatives rolled out with no feedback/disbursement?

The government keeps reiterating on the dwindling economy, hence borrowing from all available channels to grease their overflowing private fat pockets. And the end seems not to be in sight embarassed

The All Progressive Congress(APC) was thought to be the MESSIAH who had liberate the fortunes of Nigeria from the selected few(Hyenas) holding it to ransom under the parasitic government of People Democratic Party (PDP). But, events unfolding shows the former has been much more brutal, insensitive and callous in its approach hitherto.

As an hardworking, hopeful and compassionate Nigerian, if elected to be in a position of influence today(President, Governor, Senator), what drastic & difficult decisions would you be making to change all these NONSENSE?

Endeavour to give your views, you will be surprise we are even tactical more than the current set of public officers we have!!!

Lalasticlala, whats your contribution in ensuring a just egalitarian state is possible in our clime?

Nigeria's problem has never been government one leadership the problem is the people are illiterate they cannot develop a country this is the truth. Nigerian people cannot stand the truth they do not want to hear the truth they rather suffer and die hearing lies and fooling themselves that they can build a nation when it is not possible. If we never got independence Nigeria would be better than Canada Australia and New Zealand but because of her illiteracy independence has lead us to our downfall the nation. Today you see Nigerians running to Botswana South Africa Namibia to be refugees. As long as we do not tell ourselves the truth the country cannot develop we can vote for 1 million Nigerians none of them will develop the country because they do not know how to develop a country fool themselves to Eternity
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by gonkin(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Grandmeister:

Calling for electric cars while still building more refineries..Joseph the dreamer lol.
Yes ooo the excuse of landing cost is a budget killer
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
gonkin:
Bring down the dollar.
Review Senators pay and dissolve the Senate
Those with protection and security jobs will get very good pay. Also psychological analysis.
Social Security numbers
Work hard of the power sector and call for electric cars
Collation of scientific ideas from institutions
Make cybercrime a crime
Separate Nigeria into Northern and Southern Nigeria to become 2 separate countries.
Graduate database
Build lots of refineries

What you are saying can never work you give these things to illiterate it will be the same situation there is what we call a stage of development or industrial stage somebody which has not reached that stage cannot progress and this is the problem with with Nigeria we cannot develop a country
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
helinues:

The Truth is empty barrel make the biggest noise but I am trying my best for real, feasible

We have to go back to British rule and correct the Foundation of the country that is the only way Nigeria can progress we have to learn how to develop and build a country from the British like what happened in Australia New Zealand America and Canada failing to do this we will just be going round in a circle you cannot build a multi-storey building on a foundation which is incorrect

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
wizzie001:

Your submission is hilarious, but truth be told...Jonathan had the opportunity to write his name in gold, but he blew it outrightly. Under his nose, they used 2.2billion naira for prayer against boko haram that is still ravaging the North today!!

You pick on one president in the 60 years of independence is that fair all of them are failures none is better than the other and you can vote for 1 million more they will all be failures they cannot just develop a country. Look up all our leaders since independent where is there performance and progress. When it becomes to developing a country there are very few people and Nigeria has nobody. If you look at somebody which went to Harvard like okonjo-iweala achievement record is 0 progress record in economically building 0 this is what I mean that we do not know how to build a country
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
mostob:
My brother, it is not like I don't want to lead. But imagine a scenario where I proposed a maximum wage of 1M (earned by the president ) and no allowance , will my life not be in danger ? Considering how selfish some people are..this is just like blocking their source of national cake. Economy development is important but I can't ignore my well being too grin . However, i can work behind the scene giving ideas and innovation. The rugged but intelligent guys can take the front seat.

This is perhaps the mindset of the current set of political jobbers we have in our political space, they joined the system when they realized they couldnt beat it... We need a ruthless leader in Nigeria indeed.

Trump comes to mind sad
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria's problem has never been government one leadership the problem is the people are illiterate they cannot develop a country this is the truth. Nigerian people cannot stand the truth they do not want to hear the truth they rather suffer and die hearing lies and fooling themselves that they can build a nation when it is not possible. If we never got independence Nigeria would be better than Canada Australia and New Zealand but because of her illiteracy independence has lead us to our downfall the nation. Today you see Nigerians running to Botswana South Africa Namibia to be refugees. As long as we do not tell ourselves the truth the country cannot develop we can vote for 1 million Nigerians none of them will develop the country because they do not know how to develop a country fool themselves to Eternity

My brother, what would you do differently if given the rare priviledge of leading this country... we know Nigerians have been avoiding the truth for long, we all know the system is not working & has never worked, there seems to be no hope in sight. What's the way forward??
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

You pick on one president in the 60 years of independence is that fair all of them are failures none is better than the other and you can vote for 1 million more they will all be failures they cannot just develop a country. Look up all our leaders since independent where is there performance and progress. When it becomes to developing a country there are very few people and Nigeria has nobody. If you look at somebody which went to Harvard like okonjo-iweala achievement record is 0 progress record in economically building 0 this is what I mean that we do not know how to build a country

I only talked about him because he was the subject matter, none of the past ruler is exonerated, they have all contributed to the mess one way or the other.
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
Divide Nigeria into 6 to 8 manageable units - either as true federating units or separate countries. I personally believe smaller units will be easier to govern and manage.

Nigeria as it is now is very very difficult country to lead as a United entity. Supposedly strong men like Obasanjo, Buhari and Murtala were not able to unify this nation and harness it's great potentials. I honestly can't see, in our time, anyone else who can.

Nigeria is ungovernable. Period. Break her down to manageable units ASAP before we exterminate ourselves with hatred

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by IMAliyu(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
I poses neither the charism, nor ambition to lead.

However here are my thoughts.

Create a clear and unambiguous separation of religion and state.

Move forward the motion to restructure the country on the basis of the geopolitical regions to possess full autonomy.

Deregulating the the power and petroleum sectors.

Find ways to cut down recurrent expenditure from the yearly budget, by means of salary and allowance review for all government employees and elected positions senators, reps...

Increasing funding for education and scientific research

Removing any and all quota systems. Employment and hiring to just be based solely on merit.

Retraining of existing and recruitment of more security personnel.

Liberation of firearms laws, the citizen should have the right to defend themselves from terrorists, armed robbers and an oppressive government.

Creating section9. A special subsect of the police answerable only directly to the president. To be tasked with investigating and rooting out of corruption inside the government.

Focus on industrialising the farming sector.

etc.
I could keep going, but Leme end here.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by Jostoman: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Go and ask Buratai, Adamu, and Bichi they will tell you. Nonsense
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
misterme:
Divide Nigeria into 6 to 8 manageable units - either as true federating units or separate countries. I personally believe smaller units will be easier to govern and manage.

Nigeria as it is now is very very difficult country to lead as a United entity. Supposedly strong men like Obasanjo, Buhari and Murtala were not able to unify this nation and harness it's great potentials. I honestly can't see, in our time, anyone else who can.

Nigeria is ungovernable. Period. Break her down to manageable units ASAP before we exterminate ourselves with hatred

Spot on.... The current structure is cumbersome!!
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
IMAliyu:
I possess neither the charism, nor ambition to lead.

However here are my thoughts.

Create a clear and unambiguous separation of religion and state.

Move forward the motion to restructure the country on the basis of the geopolitical regions to possess full autonomy.

Deregulating the the power and petroleum sectors.

Find ways to cut down recurrent expenditure from the yearly budget, by means of salary and allowance review for all government employees and elected positions senators, reps...

Increasing funding for education and scientific research

Removing any and all quota systems. Employment and hiring to just be based solely on merit.

Retraining of existing and recruitment of more security personnel.

Liberation of firearms laws, the citizen should have the right to defend themselves from terrorists, armed robbers and an oppressive government.

Creating section9. A special subsect of the police answerable only directly to the president. To be tasked with investigating and rooting out of corruption inside the government.

Focus on industrialising the farming sector.

etc.
I could keep going, but Leme end here.

If you could come up with this thought provoking details without tons/entourage of political aids and advisers, then why should you take the backseat when it comes to leadership?
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by wizzie001(m): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Jostoman:
Go and ask Buratai, Adamu, and Bichi they will tell you. Nonsense

You are part of the problem, no doubt....
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by gonkin(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

What you are saying can never work you give these things to illiterate it will be the same situation there is what we call a stage of development or industrial stage somebody which has not reached that stage cannot progress and this is the problem with with Nigeria we cannot develop a country

You forgot the question IF YOU WERE THE PRESIDENT. is that even possible? grin
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by IMAliyu(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
wizzie001:

If you could come up with this thought provoking details without tons/entourage of political aids and advisers, then why should you take the backseat when it comes to leadership?
I don't poses the type of personality and confidence that leaves an impression on people, neither do I inspire nor command respect in people.
And I don't like telling people what to do.
I'm not a leader and have no aspirations to be.

Although I understand where you are coming from.
I can't remember which Greek philosopher said this, but goes "if the smart people in a society refuse to lead, then expect to suffer under the leadership of idiots" a paraphrasing of it.
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by mostob(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
wizzie001:

This is perhaps the mindset of the current set of political jobbers we have in our political space, they joined the system when they realized they couldnt beat it... We need a ruthless leader in Nigeria indeed.

Trump comes to mind sad
Yea but anybody contesting should not only be ruthless but have a solid backing. He/she needs to be surrounded by loyalists that share the same ideology. Ruthlessness only is not enough in Nigeria politics bro.
Re: If You Were The President, What Would You Do Differently? by janvier27(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2020
wizzie001:

But with the way people are going through hardship right now, what would be the drastic steps to ameliorate and bring succor?

Sense of justice. Figure out a way to recover and bring all those who ruined the country to quick and very harsh justice. There's no quick fix now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Gunshots, Explosions Rock Maiduguri [video] / The New Lovers Of Biafran Freedom Ipob[photos] / Igbos Suffering Severe Acute Malnutrition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.