Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

#EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott (40233 Views)

We Didn’t Call For Boycott Of Anambra Election – IPOB Clarifies Statement / Freezing Of #endsars Protesters Accounts: Access Bank Release Statement / List Of Endsars Promoters Whose Accounts Were Blocked By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by enomakos(m): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
attack the bully (C.B.N)
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by SaintLucia: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
Shakara upon shakara. Arise TV spread a fake news that Access bank placed snipers on the roof of their headquarters, one of the reason that led to the destruction of some of their banks, their fake news made NBC to sanction Arise TV.
The Federal government freeze those enemies of the country accounts, let them approach the same court to unfreeze their accounts by explaining how foreign currencies keep entering their accounts from overseas. Emotions and blackmails cannot help them. Useless hoodlums, I wonder how many banks dem wan boycott.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by BecomeALandLord(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
Access bank has been a foolish bank since inception
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
A lawyer will read this post and be grateful that he will never be out of work cheesy

InvertedHammer:

/
How can you boycott a bank that has your money? They may refuse to let you withdraw your money whether physically or electronically. What can you do? Once you deposit your money in a bank, you live on the hope that they will be honourable to return the money on demand. What if they tell you that they have no cash available to give you and deactivate their customers' ATM cards and go offline?

/

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by damiloladuke: 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lol
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by ttobizz(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Strongbest:
Lol. Take the youths for granted at your own peril.

To be honest, it was beyond their power though.

So where did fcmb get the same power from?
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by nnaemmy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Other Banks that froze their customer's accounts on the order of CBN are yet to communicate., but ACCESS Bank found it worthy to communicate to their customers and we're still dragging them. I wonder what we'd do to others like GTBank, Zenith Bank, UBA Fidelity Bank etc.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by hush15: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Strongbest:
Lol. Take the youths for granted at your own peril.

To be honest, it was beyond their power though.

It wasn't beyond any power. They call you to freeze account cos they government not because the law says so. It took somebody that knows their rights to tell them to do the right thing even if government want to freeze account by getting a court order.

Maybe you don't know but Stanbic Bank just proved to be a more reliable banker than access. For any access account holder, you are not safe, your money is not safe. Your info is not safe. Nothing is safe with them cos they can trade you for the right price.

For that, I will be visiting a stanbic very soon. Na bank wey fit demand the right thing we go support.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by November1857(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Iseoluwani:
all the thing them sabi na to merge with smaller banks. awon werey
grin grin how this one take concern you !

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by faste: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
I will be the first to close my access saving and dom account if they don' unfroze ,they dont know they are messing with wrong generation
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Herkim(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
Larryfest:
You frozen the accounts even before a court order was given Typical Nigerian mentality

Which court order are you waiting for before an account can be frozen or restricted.

Once suspicious transactions is notice in your account, your account will be restricted immediately.

For instance , the maximum amount you have in your account base on the nature of your business is 100k or less over the last six months then suddenly you received an inflow of N10,000,000 million . the bank would surely place restriction on that account for investigation purpose due to money Landry and terrorism finance currently happening all over the world.
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by sojfarm: 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Its bank that SORO SOKEY will we bank with, Not blood sucking supporting bank
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Herkim(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
faste:
I will be the first to close my access saving and dom account if they don' unfroze ,they know they are messing with wrong generation

You can never threaten a financial institution because they have laws guiding their mode of operations

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by emperor863(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
Flexherbal:

I am beginning to like this Peterside.

I'm surprised you believe this thrash. No person, I repeat, no person can decline a court ordered account freezing instruction.

This Peterside's "bravado" only exists. in the imagination of the op
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Sarmiz24(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
How can you boycott a bank that has your money? They may refuse to let you withdraw your money whether physically or electronically. What can you do? Once you deposit your money in a bank, you live on the hope that they will be honourable to return the money on demand. What if they tell you that they have no cash available to give you and deactivate their customers' ATM cards and go offline?

/
Lol e be like say u never see better craze b4 Mk dem try am first if boys no tear thier bank into half

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by proprince(m): 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
I am leaving access bank to focus on my Zenith bank account straight up.

Nigeria must be better whether they like it or not.
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Kelvinhunta: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice question. People too Mumu these days. You no read post u just dey comment
oguns222:

Did you read the post at all?
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
No bank like stanbic ibtc... bank wey go text u n let u know if network will be bad at that particular time of day with plenty apologies sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by tinktanker: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
We really need to boycott them
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by sojfarm: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Herkim:

Which court order are you waiting for before an account can be frozen or restricted.

Once suspicious transactions is notice in your account, your account will be restricted immediately.

For instance , the maximum amount you have in your account base on the nature of your business is 100k or less over the last six months then suddenly you received an inflow of N10,000,000 million . the bank would surely place restriction on that account for investigation purpose due to money Landry and terrorism finance currently happening all over the world.

The instance you have painted here is really different. What is expected is to make it part of routine report to CBN; and if flagged, you as banker will engage you customer. NOT TO FREEZE THE ACCOUNT ON SUSPICION THAT IT IS AN ILLICIT FLOW.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by newoffer: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
U don't own a business that's u dey talk like tap water. Once ur policy go against the people u go lose well. Somebody somewhere will order a bank to freeze acct.
Bmaster:
Stupid hoodlums.
Trying always hard to find a means by which terror must be unleashed.
Fact: The people whom accounts are frozen are too gentle to cause mayhem.
The stupid and hopeless touts in the street are our headache!!!

They want to Target access bank again,whereas the damages caused in the recent paroteSt has not been repaired.

See ehn,unless we start appreciating what we have,we will never value and fully understand what we don't have when we eventually get it.

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by ThePropertyGuy: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Delusional!!!

Focus on the real source of frustration

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by nedzuby: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Drinokrane:
The management of Access Bank Plc has pleaded with their customers for understanding following an online campaign calling for boycott, Igbere TV reports.

The bank accounts of at least eight persons involved in the #EndSARS campaign were frozen based on the orders of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The accounts were frozen about two weeks before CBN obtained a court order to do so, Igbere TV learnt.

Proponents of the call for boycott say the bank should have been more thorough like Stanbic IBTC whose founder Atedo Peterside openly refused to freeze the account of any person without a valid court order.

However, in a statement on Friday, Access Bank said it symphatised with the affected persons, adding it was looking forward to unfreezing the accounts.

https://twitter.com/myaccessbank/status/1327189369200009217?s=19

Atedo is a man I so much respect but the information credited to him in the article is wrong. Atedo is no longer the chairman and no longer have controling share in Stanbic IBTC and such does not have any say in the Bank operation.

The Stanbic IBTC I know very well will be the very first to place PND or freeze account of people affected.
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Iseoluwani: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
November1857:
grin grin how this one take concern you !

they have reduced workforce that way. no job for you
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Bmaster:
Stupid hoodlums.

They want to Target access bank again,whereas the damages caused in the recent paroteSt has not been repaired.

See ehn,unless we start appreciating what we have,we will never value and fully understand what we don't have when we eventually get it.

And your point is?
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by stayclearofme: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Bmaster:
Stupid hoodlums.

He be like say this one don take tramadol.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
alcuin:
Why would be bank agree to such lawlessness in the first place? Serves them right. I have removed my money from Access bank. I intend to move all funds to crypto and entirely boycott banks for warehousing funds. When I need cash I would just do a quick exchange to any bank and withdraw cash via ATM.

For those asking about volatility, you can save your money in Stable coin like USDT that is paired 1 to 1 with US Dollar.

Crypto is the way to go brah.. total freedom feom stupid politics n policies especially in a lawless nation like ours that is run like family business. Who wise now dey learn direction to go
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by WizzyVine: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
mydivinely:
Had 19 naira in my account, credited with 10k but balance was 9,986 i wonder no further debit for any charge instead of adding the money reduced . I hAil WUna

UBA too does this. Stannic All the Way.
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by nedzuby: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
newoffer:
U don't own a business that's u dey talk like tap water. Once ur policy go against the people u go lose well. Somebody somewhere will order a bank to freeze acct.

You can't go against the policy of your regulators just to please your customers. You are setting yourself up for failure, sanctions and possible shutdown.

In 2004 when Soludo announced 25b recapitalization despite all the long article Atedo wrote on one of the Newspapers against it he still went to merge with Chartered Bank to meet up with the 25b recapitalization
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Herkim(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
sojfarm:

The instance you have painted here is really different. What is expected is to make it part of routine report to CBN; and if flagged, you as banker will engage you customer. NOT TO FREEZE THE ACCOUNT ON SUSPICION THAT IT IS AN ILLICIT FLOW.

Once the customer approach his or her bank that there is a restriction on his account the bank would surely tell him the reason why his account is freeze or restricted an investigation is been carry out on the unusual inflows that came in into his account. The bank will tell him to exercise patience with them till the conclusion of their investigation within a time frame.
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by babatundea877: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Access Banks is a political tool. It need to be thought a lesson that the Voice of Nigeria should be put ahead of all selfish interest
Re: #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott by Chicastle: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
weyreypey:
Access Bank is very useless

My brother Unity bank , union bank rocks
Try and Thank me later
Please I am not any if their staff but just a hustler

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of President Buhari At The State House Mosque / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Wike, Ortom, Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Makinde Meet In Enugu Over Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.