Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,954 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue (1054 Views)

Code Of Conduct Chairman, Umar Sues Victim, Demand Stop Of Senate Inquiry / Coronavirus: Kwara Govt Orders Total Lockdown In Offa / Tinubu's Messrs Hitech Stops Work On Lagos Roads Over Rift With Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
The federal government has stopped the Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial Zone, Ifeanyi Ubah from proceeding with the construction of the old Oba-Nnewi-Ozubulu-Okija federal highway.

A letter by the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, signed by the Federal Controller, Works in Anambra State, Mr Chidi Ezeala to the company handling the construction asked that all construction works on the roads be stopped immediately.

Ubah had a week ago cried at a public function, lamenting that the Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano was frustrating his attempt to provide good roads for his people.

He accused Obiano of unwillingness to work on the road, yet frustrating his attempt to fix the roads in his Senatorial Zone by stopping construction works.

But the commissioner for works in Anambra State, Mr Marcel Ifejiofor who addressed a press conference on Friday said that Obiano or Anambra government did not stop anyone from constructing roads, rather the federal government through the ministry of works stopped the construction company from working on a federal road in Nnewi because approval was not given.

A copy of the letter by the Ministry of Works to the company, which was made available to DAILY POST read, “It has been brought to our notice that your construction company is presently carrying out palliative works on the above-named road.

“We appreciate your good intentions in assisting to put our roads in a good state, however, we advise that you follow all necessary due processes required to enable you work on any federal highway.

“In view of the above, you are requested to stop all your construction activities on any federal highways in Anambra until you are granted approval to do so,” the letter read in part.

Ifejiofor told journalists that contrary to insinuations that the Anambra government stopped the company from ongoing construction work, it was the federal government that issued the order.

“Roads in Nigeria are divided into categories. There are federal, state, local and community roads. Federal roads are most times inter-state roads and need permission from the federal government before one can work on them.

“If you get approval, they tell you the specification of their roads and you can now proceed to work on them. Even before the federal government works on state roads, they seek our approval and we give them our specification too. Our standard here is end to end, with drainage.

“We have a lot of roads in Anambra State. We are even appealing for wealthy people to take some of our roads and work on them. We did not stop anyone from building roads, the federal government did,” he clarified.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/13/nigerian-govt-orders-stop-of-construction-on-nnewi-roads-over-approval-issues/
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
Na wa...Obiano dey wicked somehow. I know he's involved.

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUVnE5nvDU[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by majamajic(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Anambra get the best road network in Nigeria , clean roads especially in rural areas
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by majamajic(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
NwaNimo1:

ok.....when last did your travel along the Enugu-Onitsha so called expressway (death trap)??

Completely a federal road , go inside Anambra and talk again , I said road network
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Kinematics: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:
Anambra get the best road network in Nigeria , clean roads especially in rural areas

Example

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:

What rubbish?

How did this relate to the subject of discourse.

People like you are part of the problem we have in this country.

You leave the important issue and be dancing surugede for the whole world to see your unclothedness.
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
Obiano desist from this your wicked attitude against the people
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:

Completely a federal road , go inside Anambra and talk again , I said road network

I disagree,,,,
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Na wa...Obiano dey wicked somehow. I know he's involved.

The FG can't stop the work without his connivance.

What I am yet to understand is the rationale behind stopping the work.

He didn't construct the road and someone trying to do it is been obstructed with machineries of state.

This is purely evil.
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

He didn't construct the road and someone trying to do it is been obstructed with machineries of state.

This is purely evil.

& Jealousy............seems Willie hates progressive big wigs in Anambra.
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by RIVERS1stson: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
[s]
Kinematics:

Example
[/s]

PORT HARCOURT slum dweller, first and foremost that picture is not Anambra. I have warned you to face our shithole Rivers state

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NNEWIsuper: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:

Anambra has the worst erosion ravaged useless roads in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
NwaNimo1:

& Jealousy............seems Willie hates progressive big wigs in Anambra.

That is his business, the road must be constructed.

Well I understand there is frictions between the duo but that won't necessitate to obstruct a work that will alleviate the pains of the people.

More road construction makes ease of business flow more easy.

I don't know the evil spirit that is beating this drum for Obiano but he should leave the people out of the petty squabble.
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NNEWIsuper: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

This is purely evil.
I'm happy you do know Anambra people are evil.. Good one.. Nothing good can come out from erosion shithole of Anambra
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Anambra has the worst erosion ravaged useless roads in Nigeria

Even people dey talk, Abia state go join mouth.
Shift..
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

That is his business, the road must be constructed.

Well I understand there is frictions between the duo but that won't necessitate to obstruct a work that will alleviate the pains of the people.

More road construction makes ease of business flow more easy.

I don't know the evil spirit that is beating this drum for Obiano but he should leave the people out of the petty squabble.

Most people say its his wife.......she's posessed him with drunken madness?
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

I'm happy you do know Anambra people are evil.. Good one.. Nothing good can come out from erosion shithole of Anambra

Go and play with Nnamdi kanu not us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NwaNimo1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Go and play with Nnamdi kanu not us.

Lol.....
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by RIVERS1stson: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:

[/s]

Instead of you to face your cursed dead Abia state but you are here crying. Aren't you ashamed that your Abia state is the worst and most backward in Nigeria?

Abia state is not only ravaged by erosion but it is also ravaged by bad roads and filth. Tufia cheesy

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Abia1stS0N: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
RIVERS1stson:
[s][/s]

Instead of you to face your cursed dead Abia state but you are here crying. Aren't you ashamed that your Abia state is the worst and most backward in Nigeria?

Abia state is not only ravaged by erosion but it is also ravaged by bad roads and filth. Tufia cheesy

Abia state is indeed cursed. Shame on all our leaders since 1999
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NNEWIsuper: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Anambra is a cursed igala state.. So I'm not surprised
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by NNEWIsuper: 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
RIVERS1stson:
[s][/s]

Your fat cursed senator is the one crying like an overfed fat buffon

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by fergie001: 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
I don't understand what is going on here.
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Abia1stS0N: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:

Your fat cursed senator is the one crying like an overfed fat buffon
[/s]

Our cursed backward shithole Abia state is in ruins but you are here crying. Tufia

See our gorilla ugly fat incompetent dustbin governor cheesy

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kinematics:

Example

Imagine snapping Aba picture as anambra.

The madness in rivers state and Abia is real . I can now confirm.

You guys should continue with una madness there, don't extrapolate it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/149165/pictures-aba-abia-state-usofia
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Abia1stS0N: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:
Abia is a cursed igala state.. So I'm not surprised

Very true of our cursed shithole Abia cheesy
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Anambra roads are something else...smh
Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Kinematics: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Imagine snapping Aba picture as anambra.

The madness in rivers state and Abia is real . I can now confirm.

You guys should continue with una madness there, don't extrapolate it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/149165/pictures-aba-abia-state-usofia

Shift the goal post grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by RIVERS1stson: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Condition of our roads in the oil rich Rivers state cheesy

Kinematics:

Shift the goal post

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Kinematics: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
RIVERS1stson:
Condition of our roads in the oil rich Rivers state cheesy

Billionaire Anambra

Re: Nigerian Govt Orders Stop Of Construction On Nnewi Roads Over Approval Issue by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kinematics:

Shift the goal post grin grin grin

Shift fire .
Continue snapping your environment to us.
Same way you lie is same way Wike has baptised all of you with lies.
No wonder nobody have height from that axis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: 20,000 APP Members, Chair, Others Join PDP In Ebonyi / Buhari Plots Retirement Of "Southern" Police AIG To Clear Path For Another North / Why Are The Roads In Ikoyi So Narrow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.